Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Board set to issue statement today

Comments

• stonemuse said:

Underwhelmed does not even come close

'Beyond Parody?' - this is the best example yet!

Astonished that they believe this will quell the unrest - Fraeye and Meire are obviously considered to be the right people for this club - for that alone, this statement is ludicrous.

The more I think about this, the more astonished I am that Fraeye is considered to be the right man for the job ... just absurd.
  • I expected nothing less
  • Apparently, that isn't the statement..
  • In the summer we were linked with players and every one of them was foreign (I have no issues with this as foreign is so much cheaper and can be just as good as British)... the only Brit we were interested in was James Henry.

That means this statement from RM says... Yes we'll go British but we'll only sign on Brit each summer, the rest will be foreign johnnies

Source?
  • What a load of old shit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Please, please tell me this isn't the statement. That cannot be the official club response to the current shambles. How can the mess be discussed when the managerial position and our fragrant CEO are not even mentioned. And please tell me someone inside the club did not think that rolling out a man with shredded credibility to act as an apologist for what has happened might not sit that well with fans who were chanting "Murray is a wanker" on Saturday?
  • Has someone got that Catherine Tate grannie pic to go on this thread?
  • @Ollywozere Sorry to pester pal, you won't get pelters for this i'm sure... but can you confirm if that is the big statement the club were on about?
  • Any lingering respect I still had for RM has just disappeared.
  • One thing re Murray. This is flagged as an interview. It is not. It is a series of statements around which questions have been molded. Pathetic.
  • So the players aren't up to the Championship so we're addressing that, but the head coach is absolutely fine then?
  • Got some advice for RM / KM this Saturday... If your going on Saturday, dont go by train to Colchester... actually it might be best if you dont go at all
  • He must like the limelight because I see no other reason for him to be around this shambles. Doesn't he have friends or family telling him to walk away?
  • Sponsored links:

????
  • edited January 2016

The bulk of what Murray says makes sense in my view but the total absence of any mention of the manager is absurd.

I agree, on paper a lot of what he says makes sense. It's a question though of can they keep to it. Why nothing from Katrien? She just does not get British football. I have the view she may be a good number 2 but not a number 1 (ie a CEO).

• Well if that is the statement it is a load of B*****lcks, this is exactly what KM said last January when the team was in exactly the same posistion, no sorry it was in a slightly better position. So they promised to learn then about recruitment. All I can say is that they are to thick to learn. No mention of the reduced services such as the ticket office and or reduced coache service for supporters. Let alone the failure of the online ticketing system, I could go on.
  • edited January 2016
  • rikofold said:

Well that's underwhelming. Nothing more than they thought they'd get away with at the fans' meeting. No doubt Murray is a skilled salesman and communicator - something KM could learn from - but there's a lot of misdirection at play here.

Firstly, with regard to the strategy to be a competitive Championship club - not sure that's a strategy but rolling with it, we're second bottom with half the season gone and just 4 wins. If that genuinely is the strategic objective, then those running the business have overseen failure since the day they took over.

It really isn't acceptable to have reached your third January transfer window and still be having to recover from 'underestimating the Championship.' That's poor management, and presumably either Murray's been remiss or the owner/CEO hasn't listened. It's all very well to be running a 40% better budget, but it was the third lowest in the Championship last season and I'm led to understand it's the 5th lowest this. That's budgeting for 5th bottom, frankly.

No reference to KM's words in Dublin that turn this so-called strategy on its head. A proposition for supporters to watch players who will be sold to be future stars - I'd rather a proposition to watch a stable club, competitive in the championship and with Premier League ambitions. Well Murray just said that, but he can't just say that without explaining what the hell KM was on about if he wants to sound credible.

No-one at Charlton would complain at financial prudence - Hulyer's lack of it nearly cost our club, after all, and one might argue that the big financial gamble on Dowie ruined us for the top flight - but over the years we've demonstrated that a long term strategy, building upon good foundations and stability year on year to be ready to take that chance should it arise, can be hugely successful. Murray of all people should know that. Yet this ownership is pointing us once again towards League One, and a few panic signings every January to try to get out of a mess created in the summer simply isn't strategic.

So to fail to mention the manager is remiss at best, and probably downright negligent. They have appointed a manager with an awful track record both in the influence he's had on the recruitment at our club and in his previous management experience. And they did so at a time when proven managers like Paul Lambert and Nigel Pearson, both renowned for managing promotions with tight budgets, were available.

Not impressed.

excellent post, summed up perfectly.
  • rikofold said:

Well that's underwhelming. Nothing more than they thought they'd get away with at the fans' meeting. No doubt Murray is a skilled salesman and communicator - something KM could learn from - but there's a lot of misdirection at play here.

Firstly, with regard to the strategy to be a competitive Championship club - not sure that's a strategy but rolling with it, we're second bottom with half the season gone and just 4 wins. If that genuinely is the strategic objective, then those running the business have overseen failure since the day they took over.

It really isn't acceptable to have reached your third January transfer window and still be having to recover from 'underestimating the Championship.' That's poor management, and presumably either Murray's been remiss or the owner/CEO hasn't listened. It's all very well to be running a 40% better budget, but it was the third lowest in the Championship last season and I'm led to understand it's the 5th lowest this. That's budgeting for 5th bottom, frankly.

No reference to KM's words in Dublin that turn this so-called strategy on its head. A proposition for supporters to watch players who will be sold to be future stars - I'd rather a proposition to watch a stable club, competitive in the championship and with Premier League ambitions. Well Murray just said that, but he can't just say that without explaining what the hell KM was on about if he wants to sound credible.

No-one at Charlton would complain at financial prudence - Hulyer's lack of it nearly cost our club, after all, and one might argue that the big financial gamble on Dowie ruined us for the top flight - but over the years we've demonstrated that a long term strategy, building upon good foundations and stability year on year to be ready to take that chance should it arise, can be hugely successful. Murray of all people should know that. Yet this ownership is pointing us once again towards League One, and a few panic signings every January to try to get out of a mess created in the summer simply isn't strategic.

So to fail to mention the manager is remiss at best, and probably downright negligent. They have appointed a manager with an awful track record both in the influence he's had on the recruitment at our club and in his previous management experience. And they did so at a time when proven managers like Paul Lambert and Nigel Pearson, both renowned for managing promotions with tight budgets, were available.

Not impressed.

EDIT: Oh and did he forget all about the protests?

No, they wish to ignore them.
  • The bulk of what Murray says makes sense in my view but the total absence of any mention of the manager is absurd.

I agree, on paper a lot of what he says makes sense. It's a question though of can they keep to it. Why nothing from Katrien? She just does not get British football. I have the view she may be a good number 2 but not a number 1 (ie a CEO).

It makes sense if this was day one. But two years in and they have admitted almost nothing other than underestimating how long it takes players to adjust to the pace of the Championship. In other words, the imports from RD's empire have been right (just not ready), the managerial appointments right, the CEO right, everything right. What utter bullshit.