Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Board set to issue statement today

Comments

• rikofold said:

Well that's underwhelming. Nothing more than they thought they'd get away with at the fans' meeting. No doubt Murray is a skilled salesman and communicator - something KM could learn from - but there's a lot of misdirection at play here.

Firstly, with regard to the strategy to be a competitive Championship club - not sure that's a strategy but rolling with it, we're second bottom with half the season gone and just 4 wins. If that genuinely is the strategic objective, then those running the business have overseen failure since the day they took over.

It really isn't acceptable to have reached your third January transfer window and still be having to recover from 'underestimating the Championship.' That's poor management, and presumably either Murray's been remiss or the owner/CEO hasn't listened. It's all very well to be running a 40% better budget, but it was the third lowest in the Championship last season and I'm led to understand it's the 5th lowest this. That's budgeting for 5th bottom, frankly.

No reference to KM's words in Dublin that turn this so-called strategy on its head. A proposition for supporters to watch players who will be sold to be future stars - I'd rather a proposition to watch a stable club, competitive in the championship and with Premier League ambitions. Well Murray just said that, but he can't just say that without explaining what the hell KM was on about if he wants to sound credible.

No-one at Charlton would complain at financial prudence - Hulyer's lack of it nearly cost our club, after all, and one might argue that the big financial gamble on Dowie ruined us for the top flight - but over the years we've demonstrated that a long term strategy, building upon good foundations and stability year on year to be ready to take that chance should it arise, can be hugely successful. Murray of all people should know that. Yet this ownership is pointing us once again towards League One, and a few panic signings every January to try to get out of a mess created in the summer simply isn't strategic.

So to fail to mention the manager is remiss at best, and probably downright negligent. They have appointed a manager with an awful track record both in the influence he's had on the recruitment at our club and in his previous management experience. And they did so at a time when proven managers like Paul Lambert and Nigel Pearson, both renowned for managing promotions with tight budgets, were available.

Not impressed.

excellent post, summed up perfectly.
    Agreed.....

.....now buy the bloody tank
  • Nothing Murray can say will put right KM's little performance at the web summit.
    That said, he still hasn't eluded to some key issues in this Q&A.

Hoping for something a bit more substantial in the way of a statement this PM.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Off topic a bit that show is brilliant!
  • "INTERVIEW | Richard Murray speaks candidly about club strategy and the future of Charlton"

We are the North Korea of football clubs.

North Korea would be embarrassed to issue something as one-sided and ignorant of all the issues as this
  • THIS ISN'T A STATEMENT THOUGH?! IT'S AN INTERVIEW!
  • KM probably wisely keeping her head down because if that interview had come from her it would have been seen as 10x worse. Still not a comforting Interview. Ok so RD admits he has made mistakes with the playing staff. Stop getting rid of the good ones then.
  • Sponsored links:

• We had been watching videos of an English Team player, and have been trying to agree terms with his Agent, but unfortunately we found he died in 2014.
  • edited January 2016

We need to be singing 'F*ck off Fraeye' loud and proud throughout the game (every game) for as long as it takes for the useless f*cker to get the message and b*gger of back to Belgium... count me in.. I did it as a lonesome voice at half time against Forest..

I don't want to suggest any of our fans lack grey matter ?
    and before you ask no one shouted louder or with more passion than me.

When will some people realize that to get national exposure on TV you have to keep the swearing down. ( which is exactly why it worked)
    Plus Katrien can't play the Victim Card

Katrien ,Roland and Dicky boy would make Mother Teresa swear, but we need to be brighter than them, so think it through before the next home game.
    Most of the rest only made You tube or the twitter world

I don't hide behind a Keyboard as i was near the Sam Bartram statue.
    and did my 45 minutes each way. only leaving when i was subbed near the end with a sore throat.

• Redrobo said:

I assume from that interview that Lookman is staying along with all our other players including Watt as they now realise they need a bigger squad.
    In the summer, more players with Championship experience will be bought in and we will be looking for a top six finish.

I'm pretty much assuming Lookman will go, considering this regime's impressive ability to contradict itself.
  • I've always respected Richard Murray and lets face it, he's put his hand in his pocket for this club in a significant way and 99% of the people on this board cannot say the same so I think some of the personal abuse on here is piss poor. However, that statement could have been written at the end of the first half year they were in charge and that is why peoplea re so pissed off. All he has done is shown to RD he is still with him, cleared up some of katriens mistakes where she's maybe let the cat out of the bag or too blunt with the strategy and possibly helped with negotiations with any further signings. The last point being that it reads as though we've done our business now this window. I hope that isn't the case as for me that is the single biggest disappointment of the whole statement - the rest is just regurgitated stuff that we all know already. If you want to own a football club and have the kudos that goes with it (the worrying bit that is missing from RD's approach), then bloody well put your hand in your pocket and get us some players. Now we know there is an alternative, nobodies interested in this prudence stuff. What happens on the pitch is what matters to us 0 the customers!!!!!! so don't expect us to give a flying f**k what happens with the accounts - you can't have it both ways RD.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Phil Parkinson has been chosen to replace Fraeye. We just need him to leave Bradford.

Parkinson is currently the sixth longest serving manager in English league football having been with Bradford for 4 and a half years

Our knuckle head fans (the one's who BOOOOO when we pass backwards) , called for his head when we were 3rd in League One !
  • That is all we can expect.

Ah well no changes, we continue on as normal.

Support the Team not the Regime.
  • tgarrat1 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Phil Parkinson has been chosen to replace Fraeye. We just need him to leave Bradford.

Parkinson is currently the sixth longest serving manager in English league football having been with Bradford for 4 and a half years

Our knuckle head fans (the one's who BOOOOO when we pass backwards) , called for his head when we were 3rd in League One !
    Was that the same squad that had no money and was on the verge of going into Administration until we got Spurs in the FA Cup and just before the likes of Slater came along?
  • Sponsored links:

• Murray should stop basking in the glory years with Alan Curbishley at the helm. We are a club that needs an urgent change in direction and the tactic of using him to deliver frustrating 'non news' press conferences is unsustainable.
  • edited January 2016
    Madz said:

Apparently, that isn't the statement..

Really or are you just getting our hopes up? I suspect it is the statement they meant.

Unless there is a follow up statement "Due to Richard Murrays recent interview he has been relieved of duties"
    Richard Murray has been relieved of his microphone.

• That's the way to do it Katrien
  • edited January 2016
    Cheers for that Richard. You heinous
  • The bit I don't get is the 40% increase spend on players. This is being wheeled out with the subtext "look how hard we are trying to give you fans what you want".

No, no, no. It means the current regime has failed miserably. If it's not the CEO's fault, perhaps the CEO can tell us whose fault it is because it feels like the playing staff are 40% worse than we had when they moved in.
  • So RM basically admitted the best thing thats happened under Roland is that were not in administration?! Couldn't make it up.