Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Board set to issue statement today

Comments

• Options
    Q: Shouldn’t all clubs aspire to be in the Premier League?

RM: “They should, but they also shouldn’t gamble with their future. If you look around the Championship just now there are clubs in danger of administration, several with triple figure debts, others falling foul of the Financial Fair Play regulations and subject to transfer embargoes.

What over £100? Stone me they really are gambling it all aren't they.
    I bet they pay for a real manager, too.
  • Options
    In the absence of any discernible statement we can only infer what happens next from RM's so called interview.
    1) KF stays in post, the title of which is irrelevant
    2) they're banking on Ceballos & Igor actually having healed up properly, staying fit and performing to the max
    3) that's it for transfer window signings, fringe players available for loans out
    4) RD & KM still know a shade short of naff all about English football and RM ain't telling them or has forgotten
    5) We customers should put up and sing up during games (or do smthn else with our Saturday afternoons)
    6) There is no plan B i.e. all offers for playing staff will be considered
    7) The budget is bigger than before but still hasn't been set based on knowledge or experience of this division
    8) Next summer's recruitment might feature a few more players with local experience than did 2015's (ffs)

to summarise "we've got our heads in the sand and up our arses at the same time and our customers will continue to shop with us, or not"

Might snow next week :smiley:

Keep smilin'
  • Options
    At least they seem to have learned one thing by putting up Richard Murray. They have figured out that whatever Ms Meire says, we aren't buying it.

As I've said before, the relationship between her and the fans is now broken beyond repair. M. Duchatlelet needs to move her on to Sint Truiden as soon as possible, for her sake and ours.
  • Options
    The statement was given to the Standard early and is the subject of a large feature in tonight's paper.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

At least they seem to have learned one thing by putting up Richard Murray. They have figured out that whatever Ms Meire says, we aren't buying it.

As I've said before, the relationship between her and the fans is now broken beyond repair. M. Duchatlelet needs to move her on to Sint Truiden as soon as possible, for her sake and ours.

She can't because she is a Sint Truiden Fan... sorry "Customer" :-)
  • Options

The statement was given to the Standard early and is the subject of a large feature in tonight's paper.

Presuambly it is too late to have a well known and respected fan, or even the CAS trust, give a response in the same issue?
  • Options

Embarrassing own goal for the club i assume?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Club making a bit of cash from it all eh? : )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If only he had the balls to face the media in person and answer questions that are not being asked from someone within the regime - come on Murray, grow a set!
  • Options

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-finally-admit-mistakes-but-roland-duchatelet-s-determined-to-stay-longterm-a3150691.html
  • Options

@ Airman Brown have they run it straight?

Wouldn't be surprised if they did. Maybe that was always the audience not the 2% on here.

• Options

The "ungrateful impatient" fans narrative.
  • Options
    Quote from the standard:

"The statement fails to address why Charlton have still not appointed a permanent manager more than 10 weeks after Guy Luzon was sacked."

Looks like an own goal to me.

Although it also Says RD wants to get us into the Premier League, which we all know he doesn't.
  • Options

Murray obviously did not listen to PL54 "Get organised or get laughed at"

Clearly not - seems he's still laughing
  • Options

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-finally-admit-mistakes-but-roland-duchatelet-s-determined-to-stay-longterm-a3150691.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I rarely post on here but as someone living in Italy Charltonlife and those that comment on here are a great way to stay in touch with the club we all love so much.

However I have started to feel that for the majority on this forum the club in their eyes can do no right. I for one think that some intiatives and intend the club have shown have been positive if I'll thought out.

Are the powers that be really that evil? Is Richard Murry really the person some are making out? As fans (sadly) we don't know what is going on 'upstairs' as much we think we do. I for one would settle for championship football. I love that the first team squad has so many youngsters in it this season. Of course they will move on in time. Of course before we want them to. But that is not a problem unique to Charlton.

If you believe in what Richard said then the club have admitted they have made mistakes and aim to improve. Lets hope they do and let's travel with a bit of hope rather than all the constant negativity about the club all the time.

• Options

Issue is, to someone who reads the Standard and maybe isn't aware fully of what has gone on with us over the past two years, this statement will potentially look very sensible. Now of course, we know what has happened over the past two years and can see it for what it is, utter bollocks.

This is when we need to fight fire with fire and get some of our content (Nug's presentation, Jimmy Stone's videos, etc) into mainstream channels and not let them pour water on the fire as they are clearly trying to do with this.
    To the general reader unaware of the issues, this would make things look as though there's almost a "nothing to see here" thing going on at Charlton and is exactly why it has been brought out. Even more so that it was released early specifically for the standard to run with it as they have.

A response to these main media channels is needed as soon as possible from "us" stating this information is not new, was part of the Fans meeting in November, and does not take into account the numerous failings since then.
  • Options
    'reasonable level'.
  • Options

Issue is, to someone who reads the Standard and maybe isn't aware fully of what has gone on with us over the past two years, this statement will potentially look very sensible. Now of course, we know what has happened over the past two years and can see it for what it is, utter bollocks.

This is when we need to fight fire with fire and get some of our content (Nug's presentation, Jimmy Stone's videos, etc) into mainstream channels and not let them pour water on the fire as they are clearly trying to do with this.
    Looks like you was spot on. The wider public will see it as sensible talk without understanding the issues and history.

Hopefully as others have said we can counter this move.
  • Options

at least they point out this little gem

'The statement fails to address why Charlton have still not appointed a permanent manager more than 10 weeks after Guy Luzon was sacked'.
  • Options
    What good does it do them trying to buy the media's love, they know we can see past their bullshit and they know we will still protest and fight and the media will once again want to see what's happening when we do.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Any Charlton fans knows the Standard article is nonsense. They're not trying to appeal to Charlton fans anymore, just protect their own reputation. Any casual football fan will read that and think 'fair enough' because they won't realise it's recycled and meaningless nonsense, won't be aware of the Varney emails, or realise the extent of what a farce the Fraeye appointment is.

That's my point aswell the casual fans doesnt give a shit one way or the other. So why do they appeal to them instead of us. Shambles of a club.

Is it a case of just trying to make us look like arseholes and alienate us even more.