Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Board set to issue statement today

Comments

• Options
    As somewhat of a counter point I feel this shows a bit of a business plan of a sort you may or may not agree with. But at least it's clear, isn't it???. So why such a negative reaction ? It would be good to see what remains as of immediate need to address... My feeling is that the following needs to be resolved 1: KF????!!! 2: KM getting some serious Comms support hopefully someone that truly understands the role of fans in our 'brand'/club. 3: well I'd be keen to hear what else needs to be done.
  • Options

This is RD's third season with us. How can anyone "underestimate" the championship for 3 seasons? Absolute drivel.

And was RM on holiday or something? He's overseen Charlton for 20 years, and half of that has been at Championship level.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options

I can't see any reason to move Fraeye's presser because of a press release unless it directly involves him. Welcome back Jose !

For a moment I took this to mean "Mourinho."
  • Options
    Richard has done very well there from his and the owners point of view.

Quite depressing read

The questions wernt deep enough for one thing.

Thanks Murray.....f*ck sake
  • Options
    KHA that is a decent effort.
    Maybe the unasked question is how come we're facing relegation after two years of this regime?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Statement, ha, what a load of cobblers.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

This is RD's third season with us. How can anyone "underestimate" the championship for 3 seasons? Absolute drivel.

And was RM on holiday or something? He's overseen Charlton for 20 years, and half of that has been at Championship level.
    Key point! So what's his input been over the three years? Can hardly believe he's been banging down the door offering pearls of wisdom for the entire time.
  • Options

On the one hand You could argue that by not attending you are not supporting Charlton properly but au contraire I say to you that by Boycotting you are not supporting Rolands evil plan. So what if you have a ST. A one match boycott will be worth it to show them we cannot be shat upon anymore. I say put the ball in their court and demand Meire be sacked or we Boycott.

It is not an easy call i understand. I have said on here a few days ago i will not be going to the valley again until this shower of shit are gone. Does that mean i dont support charlton anymore? Of course not. I will continue to love CA FC but i cannot support what is happening so will take a break for my own sanity
  • Options
    21 pages to back read :neutral:
  • Options
    What do people really expect to have been said?

We complain in advance that the silence is wrong and that whatever is said will not be enough.

A sale of the club is not realistic within the transfer window nor are multi million pound star signings.

Who we have signed is a small step forward and suggests some acknowledgement quick action is needed to try and retain our Championship status if you accept that what has gone before cannot be undone.

The only thing but a VERY big thing is the continued non reference to the managerial position. It is incredible that not even a side reference was made but nonetheless there it is.

I don't understand why the local and national press are not pushing this very specific simple and direct question on our behalf far more.

• Options
    Yeah so the Board is taking steps to communicate better with fans by deliberately ignoring the fans and communicating instead to the Standard.

Top notch effort.

• Options
    Not unusually there is as much drivel posted here as the stuff most are criticising. I am no admirer of the management but nothing (except possibly an EXTENDED BOYCOTT) is going to effect any changes at the top two levels: that is Roland and KM. There would be a better chance if ALL "protests" and comments were directed
    for one limited purpose: namely for the appointment of a credible manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

mogodon said:

CAFCTrev said:

From the looks of it, the club never announced it beforehand, it was actually the SLP that said a "statement" was coming out. There might indeed be an actual statement forthcoming, but if there isnt it wasnt the club that said there was one....

Annoying.

Suspect the club leaked it though. And now they have headed back to the bunker to resume complete silence.
    Exactly. Cawley would've been briefed.
    He must feel pretty cheesed off now at having been duped by Roland's stooges.

• Options

On the one hand You could argue that by not attending you are not supporting Charlton properly but au contraire I say to you that by Boycotting you are not supporting Rolands evil plan. So what if you have a ST. A one match boycott will be worth it to show them we cannot be shat upon anymore. I say put the ball in their court and demand Meire be sacked or we Boycott.

So if Meire is sacked, you'll be happy and return for the rest of the season ?
  • Options
    So if Meire is sacked, you'll be happy and return for the rest of the season ?

No then we do the same thing with Murray, then Fraye and eventaullt RD.
  • Options
    Surprised it took so many so long to see it.
  • Options
    We give our reaction to today's club statement on the latest Charlton Live Big Match Preview podcast

http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/2016/01/07/the-big-match-preview-colchester-away-fa-cup/
  • Options

Surprised it took so many so long to see it.

Agreed.

I just don't get it why RM has put himself in such a pitiful position. A truly sad state of affairs.

Time to go Mr Murray, enough really is enough.
  • Options
    what a patronising, bordering on offensive load of bs.
    Like ooh ah this makes more angry than ever, KF is a fraud and signings to make his tenure easier annoys me intensely.

Freye out, Meire out before I even start on the path to listening to anything the club says.

• Options
    21 pages in and I still can't find the club statement...
  • Options
    dizzee said:

21 pages in and I still can't find the club statement...

Page 8.