Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Board set to issue statement today

Comments

• Options
    TBH I can't see any statement they give out other than KM sacked and KF replaced with someone the fans respect appeasing all fans.

KM will not apologize for referring to all fans as merely customers who shouldn't complain. Considering how she said it in the Web Submit she backed up her statement clearly so she wasn't misinterpreted. IF she truly believes that she is right on that she won't ever apologize. If she does apologize, I will accept because you can't criticize someone on something specific if they admit their wrong (will accept even more so if she quits as a result), but it proves her naivety in business and she shouldn't be in that position.

That statement and KF being manager (interim must mean until the end of the season) has got my goat the most. The whole selling players coming through the youth, lets face it until we are in a financial and league position where we don't need to do this we will always be a selling club, its just not nice to hear even though we all know it.

All I can see them saying is they will try and communicate better with the fans, they have a plan and we need to trust they have our best interests at heart. I'm sure it will be just a case of saying something in the hope it appeases some fans but they know it will not appease all.

They will probably be announcing the closing of the area around the ground after games :-)

I can't see this statement being anything other than a disappointment.
  • Options

"Kids eat for free on Tuesdays and Wednesday"

Only upon receipt of a voucher that can be obtained from the ticket office (Only available on a Wednesday)
  • Options
    Perhaps they'll continue the pitch hire theme and put out a video of a couple at it behind the bins in the car park with the bloke wiping off on the made in charlton, destroyed in Belgium banner.
  • Options
    It will be player policy, acquisition, not much more
  • Options
    I'm not going to speculate or even give it a moments thought on what the statement will be. That way I cannot be disappointed but I maybe over the moon, (with a bit of luck it will be the latter).
  • Options
    I expect many of you will be disappointed
  • Options
    The statement will be ' CAFC would like to announce the new communications manager is Yorreverst Nigt Meire , she is from Belgium and she is looking forward to taking up her new position earlier than expected due to unforeseen circumstances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What time is this due?
  • Options
    Maybe it's a Pie Tax!!!
  • Options
    Hang on a minute.

Is Wednesdays off something that the majority of football league clubs do? Players get Wednesdays off? As in, across the league? Can someone confirm as to whether this is standard industry practice?
  • Options
    Pitches dont help...

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Hang on a minute.

Is Wednesdays off something that the majority of football league clubs do? Players get Wednesdays off? As in, across the league? Can someone confirm as to whether this is standard industry practice?

I was thinking this too but thought I might just have limited knowledge compared to everyone else. On football manager I'd never let them have Wednesdays off.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Hang on a minute.

Players have usually had at least one weekday off a week - certainly under Curbs.
  • Options

"Kids eat for free on Tuesdays and Wednesday"

The rest? Let them eat cake

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I tend to go for either Fraeye replaced ("Sorry, Karel, but they loved us before you came along") or guff about new signings aimed at quietening the dissent or, if not, at least taking the steam out of what was achieved Saturday. They've had five days locked in a room with their PR experts to come up with this.
  • Options
    ** Ohh Carol gets the job permanently

** Confirm their commitment to make us "competitive"

** Understand fans frustration but Belgians empire wasnt built in a day
  • Options
    Booooooooooooooo!
  • Options
    Yann signs + nuff wishy washy bullshit
  • Options
    I am sure it will be in response to the PV emails

#disappointment
  • Options
    Based on what the News Shopper have issued I've totally lost interest in this statement now.

She's just going to turn it around so she's the victim again, or in true fashion she's going to try to justify her customer comments
  • Options
    Didn't realistically expect KM to but at least articles like this prove that there is a lot of pressure on her to resign.
  • Options
    It'll be a plea to get people on side or at a bare minimum split the support base, stating we won't be for sale and we need to get behind the team. Our main and sole priority is to stay up this season and then build from there. We are working tirelessly blah blah blah.

It'll be carefully crafted as they've had so long to create it. And it'll be circa 1.45PM :- )
  • Options
    After the protests last week and the commercial and social media this week they have to say something. Maybe they will front it out and say that the club is not, and nor will it be, for sale and KM's position is safe and the manager will be here as long as they want him to be and not as long as the fans want him to be.

Alternatively they could try the futile approach of trying to win us over. This is not going to work now so they might as well just give it to us straight along the lines of 'if you don't like it - tough!'

However, they do need to say something before the end of the week as the players need to know who is in charge and the fans (customers) need to know their place. That place might be 'we are sorry we will try harder' or it might be 'we don't care, do what you want'.

At the very least it is interesting, even if it will be a nothing statement.