Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Board set to issue statement today

Comments

• Options

Didn't realistically expect KM to but at least articles like this prove that there is a lot of pressure on her to resign.
    There is pressure for her to resign but does she listen to it or feel that pressure herself?

Seems like water off a ducks back!!
  • Options
    They really are deluded. These two things really are the absolute bare necessities required for the fans to begin to trust again.
  • Options

#cafc announcement not in regards to positions of Fraeye or Meire: https://t.co/H1pMrCt73T pic.twitter.com/3wjWqIFDS4

— News Shopper Sport (@NewsShopperSprt) January 7, 2016
  • Options
    "Charlton are set to communicate with supporters after the striking protests outside of the West Stand on Saturday." Er ... their only communication in the last few weeks has been to lower the blind so they didn't have their Saturday afternoon ruined by the ungrateful scum outside being unruly
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Hang on a minute.

Is Wednesdays off something that the majority of football league clubs do? Players get Wednesdays off? As in, across the league? Can someone confirm as to whether this is standard industry practice?

Players have usually had at least one weekday off a week - certainly under Curbs.
    Okay, that's slightly reassuring.

I was actually wondering why we're looking way more unfit than usual this season, then I realised threadbare squad + injuries + players not used to the thick of the Championship is a recipe for disaster, day off or no
  • Options
    the shopper are already briefed in then..
  • Options
    It'll be Katrien Meire telling supporters to mind their own business and stop interfering in something that doesn't concern them.

It's her club and we are just customers and she'll do what she jolly well likes with it.

If you don't like it, go and support someone else.

.....or words to that effect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

They really are deluded. These two things really are the absolute bare necessities required for the fans to begin to trust again.
    Can only think that this Statement WILL be in retaliation to the Peter Varney emails... KM is simply going to justify herself.

i.e. It has become clear that we were contacted by ex-employee Peter Varney with the view to investment for Charlton Athletic Football Club, at the time we were more than happy to arrange a meeting to discuss any potential investment but upon reflection we did not feel the need for this at the present so the meeting was terminated
  • Options

Didn't realistically expect KM to but at least articles like this prove that there is a lot of pressure on her to resign.
    There is pressure for her to resign
    I know but I she's going to feel it more and more if every time the club make a statement a news outlet has to say that it's not going to be her resignation. It's like everyones just waiting for it to happen now.
  • Options
    A few of the players just followed Gabbidon on Twitter
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

A few of the players just followed Gabbidon on Twitter

A 36 year old Danny Gabbidon that is.
  • Options
    Good, let's keep the pressure up.
  • Options
    Does anyone know what time this is meant to be? I should probably do some work today..
  • Options
    'Charlton are set to communicate with supporters after the striking protests outside of the West Stand on Saturday.'

Same old then. Every time we start to protest they roll out a token piece of comms and expect it to shut us all up for a few weeks. Not this time Katrien.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Does anyone know what time this is meant to be? I should probably do some work today..

You don't wanna do that it's bad for your health, retirement comes highly recommended by the way :wink:
  • Options

Though most likely just a load of spin without meaning, in an attempt to divide the sporters, and so they can claim only a small group not happy.
  • Options

No flag, means it'll be a picture of someone ;)
  • Options
    It'll be along the lines of km doesn't like the customers and will ban any caught protesting..
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Wow some big news coming out... No corner flag picture to be used... Its almost as bad as when we lost Scarfy!!

Louis Mendez ‏@LouisMend 2m2 minutes ago London, England
    Get ready son. Today's the big day. Leave nothing in the dressing room. This is what you've been training for. #cafc

Olly Groome ‏@ollygroome 1m1 minute ago
    @LouisMend you wish, Mendez. The flag is staying indoors.
  • Options

Ben18 said:

Bubble said:

I hope they roll out the corner flag photo - it's not serious unless the corner flag is used Olly!!!

Each new corner flag photo used on the website, has proved to be the correct decision
    We've got an endless collection of corner flag photos. Picking the correct one every season is an art in itself. Might even mix it up with a shot from the south-east corner next year.
    Why don't we use the triangular corner flags anymore? Thought we were entitled to since we've won the FA cup?
  • Options

Ben18 said:

Bubble said:

I hope they roll out the corner flag photo - it's not serious unless the corner flag is used Olly!!!

Each new corner flag photo used on the website, has proved to be the correct decision
    We've got an endless collection of corner flag photos. Picking the correct one every season is an art in itself. Might even mix it up with a shot from the south-east corner next year.
    Why don't we use the triangular corner flags anymore? Thought we were entitled to since we've won the FA cup?
    Round badge on triangular flag looks a bit squashed in, you are entitled to them but its not mandatory
  • Options
    This statement, if nothing else, will give us a very clear indication as to whether they actually understand what is going on.