Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt (ed. Page 12- set to join Hearts)

Comments

• Options

I quite like Tony Watt's tweets. Takes the piss out of himself quite a lot

"Pre season starts Monday... Not kicked a ball in 3 months! Couldn't trap a medicine ball before probably won't be able to after either

He's brilliant, I love him. I am in love with him.
  • Options
    Really interesting insight into Tony Watt on twitter...

Tony Watt ‏@32watto 16h16 hours ago
    My woman crush Wednesday or every day @gabriellazecc #missher see you soon

Mikhail Kennedy ‏@MikhailKennedy 16h16 hours ago
    @32watto @gabriellazecc 1 2 3 awwwwwwwkkkkkkkk

@MikhailKennedy hard being down here alone lad you should know!

@32watto Ano lad this is the part no one sees

Makes you wonder if his Girlfriend doesnt live down in London with him the whole time and is one reason why he has been having his struggles, blokes a young lad and is still only 22... Bet there arent many who could do that on here
  • Options
    He probably could

But why would he want to :wink:
  • Options

Really interesting insight into Tony Watt on twitter...

My woman crush Wednesday or every day @gabriellazecc #missher see you soon

@32watto @gabriellazecc 1 2 3 awwwwwwwkkkkkkkk

@MikhailKennedy hard being down here alone lad you should know!

@32watto Ano lad this is the part no one sees

Makes you wonder if his Girlfriend doesnt live down in London with him the whole time and is one reason why he has been having his struggles, blokes a young lad and is still only 22... Bet there arent many who could do that on here

Let's not get carried away, he isn't going down the mines. He's a very rich (by most standards) young man who gets to play football for a living that misses his girlfriend.
  • Options
    I've written a piece about our Tone for a new Scottish football periodical. Subscriptions now available for the launch edition.

https://www.nutmegmagazine.co.uk/contributors/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently JJ called Payet a show pony after our pre-season friendly against them last season so hopefully Watt goes on the same path!

(Not to West Ham though!)
  • Options

Apparently JJ called Payet a show pony after our pre-season friendly against them last season so hopefully Watt goes on the same path!

Didnt someone remind Johnnie of that comment during the Euros to which he responded?
  • Options

Didnt someone remind Johnnie of that comment during the Euros to which he responded?
    Yep. It was Watt I think.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Tony Watt ‏@32watto 13h13 hours ago
    Thanks skip for calling me a show pony :'(

TelMc ‏@TelMc1
    @32watto @johnnie_jackson But look what happened after skip called Payet that last pre-season Tony!! ;)

Tony Watt ‏@32watto 13h13 hours ago
    Tony Watt Retweeted TelMc
    :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: true
  • Options
    Ha ha no pressure.
  • Options
    http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=120176

Charlton striker Tony Watt is set to sign on loan for Hearts.

The South London Press understands that the Addicks have granted the switch on compassionate grounds with the Scottish international wanting a return to be near his family.

Rotherham United were also interested in Watt, who had loan spells at both Cardiff and Blackburn Rovers last season.

The forward played the second half of last week’s friendly defeat to Bromley but headed back early from Charlton’s training camp in Austria.
  • Options
    So you're either in or you're out and he's out. Shame.
  • Options
    I don't get this constant loaning thing.

He obviously doesn't want to be here but his wages much be so high that nobody wants him warts and all.
  • Options
    I'm not just saying this because im a Charlton fan, but surely you're more likely to be noticed in the English third tier than at bloody hearts!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a good move for him, potentially. At a decent Scottish club, but without the pressure of Celtic (or Rangers)

No excuses now
  • Options

That's a good move for him, potentially. At a decent Scottish club, but without the pressure of Celtic (or Rangers)

No excuses now

For sure... If it doesnt work out for Hearts then he's either got to grow up and move to another Country (i.e. FA if that country was England) or he'll end up dropping through the Scottish Leagues, which I sadly see happening.
  • Options
    explains his early exit from Austria
  • Options
    think hes a good player, and will be sorry to see him go as i think he would of been very decent in league 1 next year.
  • Options
    this is so sad
  • Options

Tony could walk into the Celtic/Rangers side if he applied himself properly. Bloke has premier league levels of ability

Surely Mark Warburton would be an ideal Manager to get the best out of Tony.

Unless of course the thought of crossing the Glasgow divide is something that Tony himself doesnt want to do
  • Options

Tony could walk into the Celtic/Rangers side if he applied himself properly. Bloke has premier league levels of ability

However he does not have the attitude and mind set to be a player that can play at that level. Ability only gets you so far
  • Options
    Not bothered by this at all as didn't for one second expect Watt to stay. He's barely played for us in the past year, has no desire to play for us anyway and is quite probably nowhere close to being match fit.