Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt (ed. Page 12- set to join Hearts)

Comments

• Options
    Still hope that we get him back, even if I do concede it's unlikely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOMbFuF6TOw

Came across this video yesterday and it got me thinking about how much better we were when he was playing for us, and also how much more exciting we were to watch.

I remember when he left some were glad, with one or two even suggesting he wasn't good enough (oh how we've improved since his departure, eh?) for us!

Admittedly he wasn't playing his best football in October but it's funny that as soon as he left Charlton he appears to have reverted to performing at the level we saw last season (and the beginning of this). Look around at the alternatives available up front. Sobering.
  • Options

Came across this video yesterday and it got me thinking about how much better we were when he was playing for us, and also how much more exciting we were to watch.

I remember when he left some were glad, with one or two even suggesting he wasn't good enough (oh how we've improved since his departure, eh?) for us!

Admittedly he wasn't playing his best football in October but it's funny that as soon as he left Charlton he appears to have reverted to performing at the level we saw last season (and the beginning of this). Look around at the alternatives available up front. Sobering.

I miss him :(
  • Options

Were we? This season I mean. The best attacking play was probably just after he left us, and Lookman got a run in the team. Not saying I wanted us to get rid of him, but he hasn't played well all season really.

I don't think Cardiff are a happy club either, the fans don't like the owner or the manager, and season ticket holders aren't attending!
  • Options
    If Russell Slade can get Watt playing effectively it shouldn't have been beyond the capacity of any manager above UK Conference level.
  • Options
    Our best attacking was probably the start of the season, we were creating 10 or more good chances and cutting teams open for fun...I remember the Rotherham draw, should never have drawn that

I remember some of the interplay being the best I had seen in years, and turning to my brother to say, 'its great to know that at least we wont get relegated'....

Fast forward to now, oh how I got it so wrong.
  • Options
    I was frustrated by him. Such a good player, but what ever went on in training, for a 21 year old his fitness was shocking. Gets away from here and starts performing again. Maybe he will always be like this. One of the best players we had if not the best. Such a shame as crowd loved him and I thought he would settle well here, but if as has been said a bad and disruptive attitude he needed to be moved on. I would love to know what steps were taken to rectify situation before making that decision
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    We need players that can create things from nothing. If JJ wanted him out, I say give him to Cardiff! We haven't improved since we lost his negative influence, we have got worse FFS!
  • Options
    I would have thought Tony Watt would want to come back to us as Cardiff now play in blue?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Were we? This season I mean. The best attacking play was probably just after he left us, and Lookman got a run in the team. Not saying I wanted us to get rid of him, but he hasn't played well all season really.

I don't think Cardiff are a happy club either, the fans don't like the owner or the manager, and season ticket holders aren't attending!
    I think so. As Addick90 said, right at the beginning of the season we were creating a lot of chances.

Cardiff fans also seem to think they've got a decent player on their hands.

I understand that some may be averse to him staying in the squad because of a perceived attitude problem. But let's not try and pretend we're a better team without him. If we were, he'd be in League One or at another Championship struggler. Not a play-off contender.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    oops nothing to see here...
  • Options

oops nothing to see here...

What did he say then ?
  • Options
    A bit weird, Blackburn lose 1-0 at Derby, with Watt left on the bench. Indeed they only brought on one sub
  • Options
    2015– Charlton Athletic 36 (7)
    2015–2016 → Cardiff City (loan) 9 (2)
    2016– → Blackburn Rovers (loan) 2 (0)

Yep on fire.
  • Options

A bit weird, Blackburn lose 1-0 at Derby, with Watt left on the bench. Indeed they only brought on one sub

Lambert has sussed him out already
  • Options
    And people reckon we will get a mil for him in the summer.
  • Options

And people reckon we will get a mil for him in the summer.

Sadly "we" will get nothing for him. Let's hope "he" gets the same.

• Options
    At this rate he'll be in our starting lineup vs Northampton next season.
  • Options
    Complete tosser who just about sums up this season. It's players like this wanker who should be held accountable for the mess we are in. That said, interesting to note it was his fall out with Euell that meant he had to leave. Now Jason has been kicked in the teeth as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    masicat said:

Complete tosser who just about sums up this season. It's players like this wanker who should be held accountable for the mess we are in. That said, interesting to note it was his fall out with Euell that meant he had to leave. Now Jason has been kicked in the teeth as well.

Laughable to blame our demise on people like Watt as opposed to the shite that has been ever-present in the squad since August. Don't remember us being anchored when he was here. Pretty sure he was voted MOTM in his final outing for us, too.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Tony Watt hasn't started a League game which we've gone on to win this season...

Although he did play a big part in our win against Queens Park Rangers
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Tony Watt hasn't started a League game which we've gone on to win this season...

Although he did play a big part in our win against Queens Park Rangers

And that proves, what?

Considering his arrival changed the QPR game, he was injured for the Hull game, and he wasn't even at the club when we beat Rotherham, I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.

That we've been better without Watt? He also didn't play when we lost 5-0 to Huddersfield and 6-0 to Hull. Proves nothing.

Between the Birmingham victory and Watt's return against Blackburn - 12 games - we won... zero. So please don't try and suggest we improved after/because he left.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

No I'm trying to say that when Watt has played, he's been too selfish with the ball meaning we've had chances to shoot / score but we dont take them because he doesnt bother passing (i.e. he tried waltzing through the Blackburn Defence only to lose the ball each time when there was a better option)

One flash-in-the-pan game aside, we've hardly banged them in all season, have we? Scored once in our last four, too. Besides, would you pass to Makienok? Might as well put it straight out for a goal-kick and cut out the middle man...
  • Options
    masicat said:

Gets dropped pretty quickly everywhere he goes. Bad egg with a bad attitude. Definitely got some ability, but too thick to listen to anyone else so not the type of player you need in a crisis. That said, neither are the rest of them.

Think we can both agree on that last bit. What a crock of shite.
  • Options
    And more to the point he is an absolute tw@ that unfortunately was correct in that he's too good for us.