Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt (ed. Page 12- set to join Hearts)

Comments

• Options

poll now on @chathmuseum on whether this counts as a Charlton international.

57% currently saying not

Why does Chatham Museum care?
  • Options
    Is the sale off then?

Surely he could have stayed there?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Is the sale off then?

Surely he could have stayed there?

It's bad enough having to pay his wages when he is playing let alone when he's injured.
  • Options
    Maybe he'll play a few games for us at the start of next season.
  • Options
    Paul Lamberts future at Blackburn Rovers looks in some doubt.
    I wonder if T.W.'s future may also be in doubt if his fellow Scot left?
  • Options
    We really need to sell him because these loans last longer than his "honeymoon" period and they see him for what he really is. And then create an injury and ship him back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still only 22 but now looking for his 8th club - and we've already given him more of a chance than any of the others.

But then we probably paid the most for his services.
  • Options
    Blackburn are the typical example of a club that should stick with their manager.

He's done the bizz before and he'll definitely come good.
  • Options

Blackburn are the typical example of a club that should stick with their manager.

He's done the bizz before and he'll definitely come good.

Not so sure its a case of Blackburn sticking with him. More a case of him sticking with Blackburn.
    From his time at Norwich, he's a fairly hard headed bloke who knows what he wants and will walk away if he doesn't get it.
  • Options
    Lock the gates and keep him away please.
  • Options

...Returns to the club for treatment on an injury.

LOL

He can keep JBG company after his knock on Tuesday. That'll be nice!!
  • Options
    You what?
  • Options
    Has any other Charlton player gone from hero to zero as quick as him?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

...Returns to the club for treatment on an injury.

LOL

He can keep JBG company after his knock on Tuesday. That'll be nice!!
    Playing snap.
  • Options
    It's clear that we have been desperate to move him on. While we have had him scoring goals and making assists for other clubs we needed his goals. He will now be injured until after pre-season training so we will, no doubt, have to get him fit before we lend him out again only for the 'permanent deal' to fall through.

He was asked about his 'issue' with Luzon in August when he came to Ashford and his response was something like 'I thought I was in the right, and I still believe that today so.......'

I knew then that he was going to be difficult to manage but now, after he's been tries by three managers here, one at Cardiff and one and Blackburn it is beginning to look like it might just be Tony that has the problem.

Apart from the fact that we have a problem as he is on a contract as we have to pay him unless we can convince a dwindling list of managers to take him off our hands.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh dear !

Another player with possibly a long term injury on the payroll.

Poor old Roland ....

:smiley:
  • Options
    I've had a crazy idea.....

Make him the main man and build a team around him
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

I've had an even crazier idea....

Tell the sweaty to sod off back over Hadrian's Wall and be done with it.

Geezer hasn't got the fitness or discipline to play at a higher level than that, he can go be the biggest fish in a tiny Dundee/Motherwell/Heart of Midlothian sized pond.

Get moved once with rumours of attitude, fine, could have been a clash of personality, but for it to happen 3 or 4 times and to only be 22?
  • Options
    What is it with Charlton players and groin injuries?

Seriously, I can't remember any such glut of groin injuries during the previous 20-25 years I've been following things
  • Options
    Make him head coach when Riga gets the push.
    Two birds with one stone and all that.
  • Options
    Fcuk him! Doesn't want to be here ! Could not give a shit about us ! Stick an ice pack on it Tony and I'll be right with ya you fcuker !
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    If he is out until pre season imagine how many pies he will consume :smiley:
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Keep your ideas to yourself...