Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Airman tweeting Roly maybe backing down!!!

Comments

• Options
    I just hope before squirrel face f**** off that somebody gives her a proper mouthful when she saunters down Floyd Road.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Redrobo said:

Gus, Steve Clarke, SCP, Alan C. Would all be good choices. State we are in we probably need all 4!

Yes yes no no
    Just not 4 managers as Redrobo suggests - just the 2?
  • Options
    If true just why didn't they approach Riga?Surely Roland would've fancied him over any Brit based man?
  • Options

My take on it & this is complete guesswork is that the Belgian guy was all set to be appointed until senior players went to Katrien/Roland and said "No. No more network appointments. Enough is enough"

good on them if true

Probably not but I hope that's what happened

As if they'd listen to the players ;-) There always the possibility that he didn't want to come, plus isn't it Roland's Son not Roland who owns Ujpest, so maybe sonny put his foot down.
  • Options

I just hope before squirrel face f**** off that somebody gives her a proper mouthful when she saunters down Floyd Road.

Would that not be a wee bit risqué in a public place????

I'll get my coat....
    Move aside Jim Davidson.
  • Options

My take on it & this is complete guesswork is that the Belgian guy was all set to be appointed until senior players went to Katrien/Roland and said "No. No more network appointments. Enough is enough"

good on them if true

Probably not but I hope that's what happened

A possibility, if so, a shame they did not do it when Peeters got outed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think we should get carried away. We have no idea what's really going on. I would not be surprised if the British guy is O'Loughlin. I find it hard to believe Roland would cave on this. O'Louglin is British and he is a network man. Best of both worlds for Roly.
  • Options

Just waiting for Dave Mehmet with the punchline to that one.
  • Options

I don't think we should get carried away. We have no idea what's really going on. I would not be surprised if the British guy is O'Loughlin. I find it hard to believe Roland would cave on this. O'Louglin is British and he is a network man. Best of both worlds for Roly.

Sounds O'irish to me.
  • Options
    I would imagine length of contract will be the sticking point. Roly is only looking to appoint until end of the season.
  • Options

scidbox said:

Sounds O'irish to me.
    South African.
  • Options

scidbox said:

Sounds O'irish to me.
    South African.
    Born in Belfast, Northern Ireland, which last time I checked, was Britain
  • Options
    Born in Northern Ireland - raised in South AFrica . British by passport - ask him the Tebbitt test !
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Born in Northern Ireland - raised in South AFrica . British by passport - ask him the Tebbitt test !

Don't trust RD, it's a technicality, granted, but be honest, you wouldn't put it past him? :smile:
  • Options
    Uboat said:

scidbox said:

Sounds O'irish to me.
    South African.
    Born in Belfast, Northern Ireland, which last time I checked, was Britain
    Technically Northern Ireland isn't in Britain.
    It's a proper Charlton Life thread now.
    Ah very true, balls, it's United Kingdom not Britain. Now I feel stupid. Think Roly knows the difference?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He has the choice of an Irish passport .
  • Options
    Was that west Brit?
  • Options
    West2003 said:

Sky Bet tweeted someone recently saying they weren't opening the markets as they think we already have someone lined up...

They offering 5/6 on the entire Belgium phone book
    Stig said:

Just waiting for Dave Mehmet with the punchline to that one.
    It won't be tonight, Wednesday nights choir practice. ;)
  • Options

But why put this Wim bloke in charge, one step forwards, two steps back.

In the world of Meire if your name is only one letter away from another word it influences your ability to get results. Wim....Win. Who can argue with that logic?
    hmm, Luzon?
  • Options

Whatever is going on, it's an extraordinary sequence of events. With absolutely no hindsight Luzon should have gone after the 0-3 home defeat by Preston NE on October 24th (which marked 8 games without a win). The interim arrangements could have lasted until no later than the beginning of November (2 games) with the new manager securely in place for the away trip to Milton Keynes.

Personally I don't care if the manager is Serbian, English or Belgian. What counts is that whoever it is has experience at this level (or comparable) and some experience too of playing at a decent level. The days of getting lucky with a Lennie Lawrence - who had little or no playing or coaching experience pre-Charlton - are gone. The game has changed too much.

Had we gone for a decent permanent appointment at the beginning of November we could well be 6-7 points better off now. (Say 17 points from 12 games rather than 10).

Funnily enough this reminds me of 1979-80. We didn't know who was manager then (Bailey or Nelson?), couldn't string results together at all but played rather well in a very small number of games. And of course we went down then after two preceding seasons of mucking about just avoiding the drop.

Given that our squad is stronger and larger than those days if we are relegated the blame sits with the owner for dilly dallying around too long with both Luzon and Fraeye when both were unable to produce results.

He never was interim, no more than Riga anyway. At the fans' meeting KM made very clear that they were going to give him every chance.

Well that worked out well didn't it. #thankskarel
  • Options
    Come on we all know that we will win on Saturday and Wim will at 5.05 be appointed interim manager. And the cycle will start all over again.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I think it could be Katrien convincing Roland not to appoint the Serbian. She will know that it'd basically be the final straw for the supporters, and for some of the players too.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

I think it could be Katrien convincing Roland not to appoint the Serbian. She will know that it'd basically be the final straw for the supporters.

That would suggest Katrien advising Roland with the intention of doing something positive for the fans... Don't see it myself. :(
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Could just be the fact that we only offered him the role till end of season and he wanted longer ......

Colin I'm surprised you haven't been offered the job