Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Airman tweeting Roly maybe backing down!!!

123457»

Comments

• Riga has an 18 month deal, I read that the original offer was until the end of the season. That could have been rejected by him for that reason and has now been forced on RD because of the anticipated backlash.
  • Still from the f*cking network
  • edited January 2016
    Loco said:

Riga has an 18 month deal, I read that the original offer was until the end of the season. That could have been rejected by him for that reason and has now been forced on RD because of the anticipated backlash.

Don't blame Riga the way his contract was not renewed last time. Way to go and the fact that Roger Johnson got an 18 month contract was more strings to his bow. Does tend to indicate though that RD ain't going anywhere fast :disappointed: .
  • The British manager thing is going to prove a difficult avenue to walk down for the club in its current state.

Who would conduct the interviews?

No doubt Katrien. But her complete incompetency has been well publicised along with her complete lack of football knowledge. Should any adequate candidates decide to take up an interview, her presence along with the clubs current strategy model will most certainly demean any chance of getting them on board.

The subject of money/wages?

This will be a real sticking point,should anyone be mad enough to take it on. Roland, in his current mind set has no intention of shelling out hundreds of thousands of pounds on any aspect of staff budget. It's what his whole model is based upon. A manager outside the cult network,will not settle for peanuts,just for the chance to work for the great Roland Duchatelet. Knowing our current position along with Roland's wealth the screw will really be turned.

This leads on to complete control of the playing side?

The new man would be expecting pretty much complete control. Could Roland bear to let that happen? Again it goes against his 'I pick them. You coach them' ideology.

I'm sure there are more sticking points.

I said British. But what I really mean is suitably experienced and worth his salt.
    In a nutshell, to get the individual this club need and deserve is going to prove a very difficult task for a regime currently filled to the top with inadequacies.

Obviously far to difficult a road to travel down. And I'm not too surprised.

#prayforus.

• I doubt we'll ever know the Selection Board member(s).
  • RedChaser said:

Is the board of selectors an interim board or here for the season ? I just can't keep up anymore.

They're a bit like a lifeboat crew, on permanent standby :wink:
    Our very own Pools Panel !
  • Firmly believe this is best option, despite he was/is part of the despicable network, we need championship football next season & is known and liked by some of our current squad.
  • I doubt we'll ever know the Selection Board member(s).

The selection board is comprised of one man. I'll give you a clue, it's not Richard Murray.
  • Sponsored links:

• He hasn't backed down, he's escalated!
  • Firmly believe this is best option, despite he was/is part of the despicable network, we need championship football next season & is known and liked by some of our current squad.

It's the best we're gonna get under this lot. Best get behind him and hope he can perform another magic trick. It's going to be harder for him this time though.
  • How many candidates did KM speed interview this time?

• RedChaser said:

Is the board of selectors an interim board or here for the season ? I just can't keep up anymore.

They're a bit like a lifeboat crew, on permanent standby :wink:
    Our very own Fools Panel !
    Amended.
  • It might be very naive of me, but I still cling onto the hope that Riga insisted on some team strengthening in this window, after all, he needs the proper tools to do the job......and it is one hell of a job to stop us getting relegated, given the shambles that this club has become.
  • According to RD: But we have also made errors in recruitment, mistakes we have immediately tried to address in January. Does this mean that is it for recruitment?
  • Can only see this being a disaster, sorry but sacked in May.
  • ross1 said:

According to RD: But we have also made errors in recruitment, mistakes we have immediately tried to address in January. Does this mean that is it for recruitment?

Is think he believes Johnson and Poyet is addressing that.

• ross1 said:

According to RD: But we have also made errors in recruitment, mistakes we have immediately tried to address in January. Does this mean that is it for recruitment?

Is think he believes Johnson and Poyet is addressing that.

Don't forget Williams
  • ross1 said:

I do think we should be making more noise about this. That statement reads like Riga and those three players we've got in are expected to be enough. We're in the shit, so they need to get some real quality in to drag us out. Offloading Carol was a start, but they need to do a hell of a lot more than that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Building a better two years ago together.