Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Airman tweeting Roly maybe backing down!!!

Comments

• There must be more to this "Damascus moment" than that. Must be.

It has to be some of the senior players, chances are they where at the Valley today making points and feelings clear.
    I can not see any other person in pyramid standing up to RD to the point that a, just about done deal is backed out of.
  • There must be more to this "Damascus moment" than that. Must be.

It has to be some of the senior players, chances are they where at the Valley today making points and feelings clear.
    I can not see any other person in pyramid standing up to RD to the point that a, just about done deal is backed out of.
    I tend to agree with this version. I wonder if the truth will ever out.

• Come on we all know that we will win on Saturday and Wim will at 5.05 be appointed interim manager. And the cycle will start all over again.

Fixed it for you AA
  • Jacko player Mgr till end of season

Recipe for disaster. I don't understand why clubs gamble like this with league status hanging in the balance.

Recipe for disaster. I don't understand why clubs gamble like this with league status hanging in the balance.
    I think that's the problem. We are teetering on the brink of relegation and our next appointment needs to be someone that the players have the confidence in. To me that means someone with clear experience of turning around difficult situations, someone who has a track record of getting the best out of their players.

I love Jacko, and one day I hope he could become a Charlton manager, but I don't think that time is now.
    It needs to be someone with enough experience and expertise that will lift the entire club. Like Powell did. I don't trust Murray with any appointment.
  • Does Jacko get a say in this?
  • Sponsored links:

• The situation needs a new broom, this isn't the right time for JJ, we need a man to unite the squad, and I'd say some players wouldn't under JJ, seeing as there were supposed change room scuffles post hudds.

I didn't mean to advocate it I think it's just a predictable out come from this lot a cheap shot

I didn't mean to advocate it I think it's just a predictable out come from this lot a cheap shot
    Too soon for Jacko.

He's far too sensible to take this on.
  • Hopefully Jackson and Euell would both turn it down if offered.

This insane regime is on the way out, even if it takes longer then us fans would hope, so they both need to ride out the storm as they both deserve to be here still when the good times come back.

Insider knowledge ?

down the bookies first thing tomorrow.........

Insider knowledge ?

down the bookies first thing tomorrow.........

Save your money
  • The problem with appointing a popular manager will be when Roland lets him go at the end of the season for the next no hoper he has lined up. KF was supposed to last the season out.
  • Why not hire Noel Edmunds? He would be perfect to host this circus that we call Charlton.
  • Why not hire Noel Edmunds? He would be perfect to host this circus that we call Charlton.

Feck that rather Mr Blobby
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm available
  • Very good article by someone I respect - 'Ketts' on Dr Kish this morning. They are saying that a British manager could well be the next custodian

• I wonder what Fraeye would have said, if asked, about who should replace him.
  • colin1961 said:

Could just be the fact that we only offered him the role till end of season and he wanted longer ......

Never is the time Colin...
  • It shows what a shit situation we are in that Jackson is playing let alone being considered as Manager, nothing against him been absolute quality for us, but his legs are gone, most shocking part of interview with Henderson was he said the team on Tuesday bar Cousins was our strongest, this included Johnson and Jackson, neither has 30 yards in them.
  • edited January 2016
    colin1961 said:

I thought you'd have some inside info Col.

Looks like Charlton find out he would not get a work permit ....
    He doesn't need one for a 3 month holiday. And let's face it, it's not really a 'proper' job. Roly probably pays cash in hand.

Indeed, he probably didn't give it a second thought. I bet he came in thinking he could see the next 3 years mapped out in front of him

Christ, there is a question to ponder!
  • I'm available

Could have done worse.