Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views - Hull City 6 Duchatelet's Dejects 0 (16/01/16)

Comments

• Options
    We were competitive for the first 5 minutes, having the first shot, but after Williams gave them the first goal it was dismal.

My only hope is that Riga now has a week to organise the defence and decide who his CBs are, as we can't keep changing them.
  • Options

You gotta laugh at times like this. Get angry outside their entrance next Saturday.

Actually a little bit disappointed it wasn't 7. Unless I've subconsciously blocked some horrific memory, in 27 years following the Addicks, I can't remember ever shipping 7. There was 6 against Leeds in the Prem but that's as bad as I can remember.

If this really was a soap opera it'd be getting panned for being too melodramatic and a bit far fetched.

11 goals against in a week, and knocked out the cup by a team in the league below before that. We are hilariously bad at the moment.

Just before you're time then, we conceded 7 @ Luton & Brighton I believe.

You're right re soap opera.....simply awful at the moment.
  • Options

You gotta laugh at times like this. Get angry outside their entrance next Saturday.

Actually a little bit disappointed it wasn't 7. Unless I've subconsciously blocked some horrific memory, in 27 years following the Addicks, I can't remember ever shipping 7. There was 6 against Leeds in the Prem but that's as bad as I can remember.

If this really was a soap opera it'd be getting panned for being too melodramatic and a bit far fetched.

11 goals against in a week, and knocked out the cup by a team in the league below before that. We are hilariously bad at the moment.

Cannot remember how many years ago it was but I was at the old Goldstone Ground when we lost 7-0 to Brighton
  • Options

also from twitter-:
    Not disappointing, it is an utter disgrace perpetrated by the absentee owner & the idiot Meire. @CAFCofficial #cafc

Who has posted these remarks?
  • Options
    I can believe that - it is daft to suppose that the players don't realise what a disaster the current mob are for the club. They probably want rid of RD as much as we do....at least the proper Charlton ones like JJ.....
  • Options
    Trying to think what we'll do with our Saturdays from August because, after many years, they won't be spent at the Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just before you're time then, we conceded 7 @ Luton & Brighton I believe.

You're right re soap opera.....simply awful at the moment.
    Was Luton on their plastic pitch? Now you mention it I have vague memories of it from my Dad's end of season highlights videos that I used to watch over and over again. Think that was the season before I started going to most of the games my dad did.
  • Options

also from twitter-:
    Not disappointing, it is an utter disgrace perpetrated by the absentee owner & the idiot Meire. @CAFCofficial #cafc

Who has posted these remarks?
    Someone called Phil Reed and it was retweeted by Rick (@airmanbrown)
  • Options
    Good words from Clem on R5 right now....
  • Options
    The 7.1 at Luton was in the 70's before the plastic pitch. You might be thinking of the 5.2 defeat there. Brighton 7.0 and also Burnley 7.1 in the early 80's
  • Options
    I hope Riga likes a challenge
  • Options
    you look at the other teams near the bottom and they manage to pull off a decent result here and there (bar Bolton).

those other teams have hope.

we're just a bunch of spineless wimps.
  • Options
    Let us all support Blackburn next week.
  • Options
    Congratulations to these incompetent Belgians. They have made us the laughing stock of the country.
    I was at the 7-0 at Brighton as it was on 1 October 1973 - my 30th birthday. Also at the 7-1 at Turf Moor. On neither occasion did I feel as depressed as I am today.
  • Options

Congratulations to these incompetent Belgians. They have made us the laughing stock of the country.
    I was at the 7-0 at Brighton as it was on 1 October 1973 - my 30th birthday. Also at the 7-1 at Turf Moor. On neither occasion did I feel as depressed as I am today.

Was absolutely shell shocked for about a week after the 6-1 defeat against Leeds in the Premier League.

Just accepting of this defeat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2016
    http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/championship/charlton-athletic/10133073/hull-6-0-charlton

Not sure I can bring myself to watch the goals.

Edit. Truly dreadful defending. So much space for Hull to play. The first goal set the scene for what was to come. Easily could have been 8.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2016
    32 is the number of the day.

-32 The worst goal difference in all 4 divisions by same margin.

The worst defeat in 32 years.

32 Tony Watt back at the club, after his sale to Cardiff fell through (Thanks @forzajuve_27)
  • Options
    5-0 then 6-0.

Unacceptable. From everyone from board level all the way down to the kit man.
  • Options
    Absolutely shocking. Fish and chips tonight with some Tigers fans. Would normally expect some good natured ribbing but I think they will mourn with me this evening.
  • Options
    Apologies - date was 1 October 1983, not 1973. Thanks to these idiots I feel like I'm 72.
  • Options
    vff said:
    Just watched them. Almost brought a tear to my eye seeing how inept we are.

We are vulnerable at corners and crossed in general. We are vulnerable to shots outside the box. We are vulnerable when the ball is played in and around the 18 yard box.

It's no good players shaking their heads after every goal we concede. Suggests we are just totally clueless.
  • Options
    Shocking defending, marking, closing down,etc. Couldn't have made it any easier for Hull.