Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views - Hull City 6 Duchatelet's Dejects 0 (16/01/16)

Comments

• Options
    vff said:
    Has someone told the defenders not to tackle incoming attackers as they head towards the box, just to keep backing off and backing off? There can't be any other explanation.
  • Options
    Four goals from outside the box. Does that suggest we need a new keeper?
  • Options
    That is grim viewing. I wouldn't fancy us against any league 1 or 2 team. Anyone organised and up for it beats us easy.
  • Options
    vff said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/championship/charlton-athletic/10133073/hull-6-0-charlton

Not sure I can bring myself to watch the goals.

Edit. Truly dreadful defending. So much space for Hull to play. The first goal set the scene for what was to come. Easily could have been 8.

Just watched it. First thing they need to learn is how to tackle. During the build up to all those goals the most the players could muster was sticking a leg out. Shocking defending.
  • Options
    I can't do this anymore... Breaking my heart...
  • Options
    cabbles said:

We simply have to overwhelm them. It's not hard if enough people join in.

The players all came over at the end and I don't blame them for this mess. I don't romanticise their loyalty in this situation either.

This about us and the board. Let's focus on that.

I implore and beg each and every fan to gather in that west stand car park after the game next week.
    My son and I will be there, no doubt about that!
    Trying to think of reasons why some won't be there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

also from twitter-:
    Not disappointing, it is an utter disgrace perpetrated by the absentee owner & the idiot Meire. @CAFCofficial #cafc

Who has posted these remarks?
    Was it Peter Varney ?

• Options
    edited January 2016
    br6red said:

Four goals from outside the box. Does that suggest we need a new keeper?

he's won us more points than he's cost us since he's been at the club. What happenes on the pitch is a collective thing. Maybe the defenders could have closed down better and stopped the shots coming in. We don't sore enough goals, which would suggest we don't create enough.

Bottom line is, the moral is so fragile, if we don't score first and then concede, it's an accident waiting to happen. As the last week shows.
  • Options
    Meet the new boss.
    Same as the old boss

Literally.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    If nick pope had been in goal he would have got Pelters, defending starts from the front, I hope Riga can get some fight, effort and self respect back into the team.
  • Options
    Henderson doesn't look at fault for any of those. Williams, Johnson and Lennon on the other hand.....Hendo is the least if our problems.

I cannot believe the ineptitude of that defending. Williams looks like a carthorse. No surprise given the amount of games he has played in the last two years. Pointless loan, send him back.

If Diarra and Bauer aren't going to be back anytime soon then our goal difference is going to be horrific by the end of the season.

The body language as those goals go in is horrendous. Johnson looks like he doesn't care and unfortunately the same can be aaid of Solly.
  • Options

Henderson doesn't look at fault for any of those. Williams, Johnson and Lennon on the other hand.....Hendo is the least if our problems.

I cannot believe the ineptitude of that defending. Williams looks like a carthorse. No surprise given the amount of games he has played in the last two years. Pointless loan, send him back.

If Diarra and Bauer aren't going to be back anytime soon then our goal difference is going to be horrific by the end of the season.

The body language as those goals go in is horrendous. Johnson looks like he doesn't care and unfortunately the same can be aaid of Solly.

Williams was the worst of the bunch. Looked like a complete amateur.
  • Options
    Guessing Riga hasn't had a chance to make any impact on the team. He has his work cut out, that's for sure.
  • Options
    What damage does all this do? My son, who up until last season was a home and away regular, didn't know the score until 10 minutes ago. Not that he doesn't support them, he can't bear to watch this cramp anymore. Those who spout out about Solly, Cosens and Harriot need to realise they are crap, and as bad as the crap we have added. Team needs an overhaul. Our biggest weakness is to accept Riga back , he is hopeless and will never be as lucky again. Pressure needs to continue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

32 is the number of the day.

-32 The worst goal difference in all 4 divisions by same margin.

The worst defeat in 32 years.

At least our number 32 is coming back today!

• Options

Am I right in thinking that if we don't turn up for a fixture then the match is awarded 3 - 0 to the opposition ?

Sounds like a plan.

But we didnt turn up today though?
  • Options
    One of my Palarse friends called me what it was 4-0. He is even feeling sorry for us now. It's sickening.
    Roll on next season when we can give division three a bash.
  • Options

vff said:

32 is the number of the day.

-32 The worst goal difference in all 4 divisions by same margin.

The worst defeat in 32 years.

At least our number 32 is coming back today!

Probably to be sold tomorrow. At 2.32pm just to continue the theme.
  • Options
    Just watched the six goals and by my reckoning at least five of them are down to poor defending.

1. What was Williams thinking? Why on earth would he try to play through the man like that? One slip and the ball is past our last defender with the forward facing in exactly the right direction to run on to it. Which was exactly what happened.
    2. Three defenders standing off of the bloke who shot. Didn't Jimmy Seed teach us seventy years ago that if you have two defenders on a man one goes forward for the tackle whilst the other gets in line to make a block if needed. Not this lot though, they stand off at 90 degree angles just watching until he shoots.
    3. No one watching the bloke who scored. To be fair it was a good shot though.
    4. They passed it through us like we weren’t there.
    5. Good shot, fair enough
    6. Should never have been a deflection, it should have been volleyed out of the ground. That's tiredness and a lack of confidence for you.
  • Options
    Jose Riga's post match comments:
    "I've never been relegated in my life and I don't want to know what this feeling is like to be relegated.

"We need time to find the real problems and to work on it. We have to be better tactically, better technically and better in our will.

"The first thing is to push everybody, individually and collectively. They have to work on all aspects of the game.

"We need some help. We are in the transfer window and we need freshness to be able to face this big challenge."

Good luck with getting the last point past RD
  • Options
    Had a jam with my Charlton-supporting mate and wrote a song instead of following the coverage. Didn't think there was any point.

It's all shit.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEE HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEE (for tomorrow but still we always have shit results around Jan 17th - Watford last year is an example)
  • Options
    What happened at beginning of second half in dressing room. All players from Hull were happily chafing for a few minutes then our squad came out more jus Henderson the red had to hold up kick off as we had no keeper on the pitch. He looked shell shocked walking off at HT feel for him as its not really his fault. He made some good saves today. As for those in front of him. No quality in defence midfield or attack. Faultless display of ineptitude. At least I protested with the other band of loyal customers. I brought a laundry basket in case Katrien forgot hers. Come on the Charlton 2% let's be avin you!!