Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views - Hull City 6 Duchatelet's Dejects 0 (16/01/16)

Comments

• Options
    I was chatting to my boy last night after we got back to Norwich and we both realised that we weren't even that bothered about the result because we just expect it now! What a sad indictment.

It was actually like an afternoon of comedy at the game. Plenty of dark humour amongst the away fans that was supported by the pantomime on the pitch.

But, we weren't as bad as Cardiff according to 2 Hull fans who I overheard when leaving the ground!!
  • Options
    Beckboy said:

New sponsorship deal to be announced

Like it mate got to laugh at something
  • Options

A very surreal day, which had it's positives !!!!!!
    Not on the field, but the sight of seeing 350 fans try to keep their sanity,
    with gallows humour,and the singing of we're Charlton till we die.
    Plenty of encouragement to the owner to find a new hobby,
    Had a cuddle With Fanny,(well it was cold) Saw SE9 and Math/Popeye
    and Meeting Essex Al and Grandson Freddie who was the Mascot; on the train as well as Louis Mendez and the rest of the regulars. Great banter with the 2 QPR fans, plus Clive who hasn't missed a CAFC game this season.

As for the game ?

We were well on top for the first 8 minutes, Williams makes a schoolboy error, and then for 82 mins plus added time they turn into Real Madrid;
    and we turn into the dog and duck 2nd Eleven, the day after the stag night.

We are not just the laughing stock in England but the laughing stock in Europe, after my son got feed back from his Serbian girlfriend plus Red Star
    Belgrade Ultras that the Serbian guy Who Roland did/nearly hired was no way near qualified to be a championship manager.(just like KF)

At least you have a 18 month contract Jose,
    but i'm afraid that if Bauer and Diarra are out for much longer, we have no chance.

Absolutely correct about Diarra and Bauer. We are going to ship goals until they come back ; it could be too late by then
  • Options

and Meeting Essex Al and Grandson Freddie who was the Mascot; on the train as well as Louis Mendez and the rest of the regulars. Great banter with the 2 QPR fans, plus Clive who hasn't missed a CAFC game this season.

As for the game ?

We were well on top for the first 8 minutes, Williams makes a schoolboy error, and then for 82 mins plus added time they turn into Real Madrid;

We are not just the laughing stock in England but the laughing stock in Europe, after my son got feed back from his Serbian girlfriend plus Red Star
    Belgrade Ultras that the Serbian guy Who Roland did/nearly hired was no way near qualified to be a championship manager.(just like KF)

but i'm afraid that if Bauer and Diarra are out for much longer, we have no chance.

I was in front of Airman Brown... But it still wasn't cold enough to make me cuddle him :smile:
  • Options

As for the game ?

I was in front of Airman Brown... But it still wasn't cold enough to make me cuddle him :smile:
    That's what you tell us!!!!
  • Options
    Riga is being treated as a mug by RD just like the rest of us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As for the game ?

@soapboxsam Great to meet you and your son along with @Essex_Al and his Grandson yesterday. And those QPR fans were good company too!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2016
    Riga has shown Murray, Duchatelet and Meire in the first game that two of the three players sent to save the club from relegation, are completely inadequate. Not sure if that was his intent but that's the outcome.
  • Options
    After sleeping on it, the only bright thing about this morning is the snow outside the window.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

After sleeping on it, the only bright thing about this morning is the snow outside the window.

I'm still in Hull and the only clean top I've got is my Charlton shirt (didn't wear it to the game for pub entering reasons) - some funny looks at breakfast this morning !
    Nothing changes then :wink:
  • Options
    I've worked out what's happening the other team are changing their fifa settings to amateur... Whilst we are still on pro!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having a drink during half-time, there was a lot of shell shocked and upset supporters there.

I'm not sure if we are angry anymore.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Having a drink during half-time, there was a lot of shell shocked and upset supporters there.

I just went for a comfort break, punch drunk mate :disappointed:
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Well the good part of the day was grandson Freddie being mascot for the day. Got to say the Hull staff were very friendly and treated us well and up to 3pm we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

We were invited into the away changing rooms and the players duly obliged in signing autographs for Freddie. I took the opportunity to spend a couple of minutes with Jose Riga and welcomed him back. He was under no illusion of the task that faces him and how it would be a very difficult game against Hull. Seemed a really decent man, I just hope it goes well for him.

The one thing that struck me was the atmosphere in the changing room, no banter, certainly no smiling faces and no team spirit coming across whatsoever. Vaz Te really looked like he didn't want to be there and Sarr sat on his own with huge headphones on. Something is severely wrong and I wasn't surprised at all that we got a spanking from Hull. Jose Riga has a huge job on his hands here and if he manages to keep us up deserves a huge bonus.

The game itself has already been covered by others on here, but we really were appalling. Williams was absolute dross and needs to go back. As someone else has already stated, whoever gave Johnson an 18 month contract needs putting in front of a firing line!

It was great to meet soapboxsam and Lois Mendez and his crew on the way back. We sat with a couple of QPR fans as well and the long train journey back seemed to fly by. Louis asked everyone who they thought was Charlton's best player was and nobody was able to answer as they were all dross!

Apart from 90 minutes, a great day out!

Opening paragraph was nice to see.
  • Options
    sarge1g said:

You gotta laugh at times like this. Get angry outside their entrance next Saturday.

Actually a little bit disappointed it wasn't 7. Unless I've subconsciously blocked some horrific memory, in 27 years following the Addicks, I can't remember ever shipping 7. There was 6 against Leeds in the Prem but that's as bad as I can remember.

If this really was a soap opera it'd be getting panned for being too melodramatic and a bit far fetched.

11 goals against in a week, and knocked out the cup by a team in the league below before that. We are hilariously bad at the moment.

Cannot remember how many years ago it was but I was at the old Goldstone Ground when we lost 7-0 to Brighton
    1983 and we lost 7-1 to Burnley in 83/84.
  • Options
    Makes the 6-1 loss at home to Leeds in the Premier League seem like the club's halcyon days
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Home now, battery died on the coach. No thoughts on the match, no point. We're a shower of shit. We are awful at defending. We're bad up top as well, but because we rarely had the ball out of our own half, you can't examine how bad as much.

I just spent the coach journey reflecting on what the hell I'm doing with my life. The most curious thing is that the coach and the banter is great, the result is almost secondary at the moment. They had some chap who works for the FA doing a piece on Betty Hutchins as she's been nominated for fan of the year. Now I've been going on Betty's coach for years, I was happy to do an interview with the guy. It got me thinking. How much do people like Betty give to this club. How much do we all give to this club. Endless fucking hours travelling, giving up whole Saturdays. I know it's our choice, but when all that is keeping me going is the experience of the banter and crack on the coach, it's not right.

Why have we been cursed with these owners. Why have they come into my life and ruined my number one love...why do I see this smirking bint, cowardly hiding away, having ruined another weekend. This absolute imbecile of an owner who nobody knows anything about. People say he must be a clever man to have achieved the success he has in business. I think he's a fucking idiot. He's come into my life and twisted the knife in and messed with one of the most important things I do.

My involvement in Charlton now is so focused on driving these people out. I want to hammer them with protest after protest. I want KM to stay away. I want her to suffer the indignity of not being able to attend home games.

It's so simple. RD had fans at standard rioting, and within 2 years of owning us, we don't want him here anymore either. What the fuck does that tell you. Roland, you're useless at this running a football club game.

It's not for you. Buy a model train set. Go back to politics. Play football manager. Sniff glue. Whatever you do, get out the football business. You don't know what you're doing.

My final bit of frustration is over the players. I'm not interested in this feeling sorry for them. All these words after Tuesday about how we've hit rock bottom and we've got to turn it around. All these gestures re: refunds. We must be the only team who can take a 5-0 defeat, come out and say enough is enough, and then go out and lose 6-0

These players have got to start taking responsibility now. They haven't and they've been given a lot of patience. They are paid a lot of money. They have nowhere to hide anymore. They should be ashamed of themselves - instead I get prats like Vaz Te running over to us at the end to clap us. Fuck off. You're only here for the money Vaz. You don't care.

Let's just keep the protests up

You obviously love going to Charlton games (going being the operative word) obviously watching them at the moment is no fun it's the going/day out what keeps you going no matter what dross is served up on the pitch it's what you enjoy doing and as long as you enjoy that experience then keep on going....the good times will return...just don't know when though.
  • Options

sarge1g said:

You gotta laugh at times like this. Get angry outside their entrance next Saturday.

Actually a little bit disappointed it wasn't 7. Unless I've subconsciously blocked some horrific memory, in 27 years following the Addicks, I can't remember ever shipping 7. There was 6 against Leeds in the Prem but that's as bad as I can remember.

If this really was a soap opera it'd be getting panned for being too melodramatic and a bit far fetched.

11 goals against in a week, and knocked out the cup by a team in the league below before that. We are hilariously bad at the moment.

Cannot remember how many years ago it was but I was at the old Goldstone Ground when we lost 7-0 to Brighton
    1983 and we lost 7-1 to Burnley in 83/84.
    Burnley 7-1 was 1983 (82-83) season. Simonsen was in the team but we did have two sent off.

Brighton 7-0 was Oct 1983. Ended our seven match unbeaten start to the season.
  • Options

Sounds the same as the atmosphere at Huddersfield. RD, KM and RM will get pelters on Saturday