Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views - Hull City 6 Duchatelet's Dejects 0 (16/01/16)

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Having a drink during half-time, there was a lot of shell shocked and upset supporters there.

I'm not sure if we are angry anymore.

Sounds the same as the atmosphere at Huddersfield. RD, KM and RM will get pelters on Saturday
    I actually think the performance was about the same as Huddersfiels, Hull just had the ability to punish us more.
  • Options
    uie2 said:

We miss Diarra

We miss, Diarra, Bauer, Lookman, Kashi etc
    curbishley,hales,flanagan,humpreys,mendonca,kinsella,robinson
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

sarge1g said:

You gotta laugh at times like this. Get angry outside their entrance next Saturday.

Actually a little bit disappointed it wasn't 7. Unless I've subconsciously blocked some horrific memory, in 27 years following the Addicks, I can't remember ever shipping 7. There was 6 against Leeds in the Prem but that's as bad as I can remember.

If this really was a soap opera it'd be getting panned for being too melodramatic and a bit far fetched.

11 goals against in a week, and knocked out the cup by a team in the league below before that. We are hilariously bad at the moment.

Cannot remember how many years ago it was but I was at the old Goldstone Ground when we lost 7-0 to Brighton
    1983 and we lost 7-1 to Burnley in 83/84.
    Burnley 7-1 was 1983 (82-83) season. Simonsen was in the team but we did have two sent off.

Brighton 7-0 was Oct 1983. Ended our seven match unbeaten start to the season.
    Wasn't it Killer who got sent off at Burnley?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

LouisMend said:

se9addick said:

After sleeping on it, the only bright thing about this morning is the snow outside the window.

I'm still in Hull and the only clean top I've got is my Charlton shirt (didn't wear it to the game for pub entering reasons) - some funny looks at breakfast this morning !
    Whole new definition to 'the walk of shame'
    Ha, we just went for a wander around town to sharpen up before heading back to civilisation and some local shouted "bad day today yesterday lads" which was a bit confusing !
    Kill them.
  • Options

Simonsen said:

sarge1g said:

You gotta laugh at times like this. Get angry outside their entrance next Saturday.

Actually a little bit disappointed it wasn't 7. Unless I've subconsciously blocked some horrific memory, in 27 years following the Addicks, I can't remember ever shipping 7. There was 6 against Leeds in the Prem but that's as bad as I can remember.

If this really was a soap opera it'd be getting panned for being too melodramatic and a bit far fetched.

11 goals against in a week, and knocked out the cup by a team in the league below before that. We are hilariously bad at the moment.

Cannot remember how many years ago it was but I was at the old Goldstone Ground when we lost 7-0 to Brighton
    Burnley 7-1 was 1983 (82-83) season. Simonsen was in the team but we did have two sent off.

Yes along with Aizlewood if memory serves correct
  • Options

cabbles said:

Home now, battery died on the coach. No thoughts on the match, no point. We're a shower of shit. We are awful at defending. We're bad up top as well, but because we rarely had the ball out of our own half, you can't examine how bad as much.

I just spent the coach journey reflecting on what the hell I'm doing with my life. The most curious thing is that the coach and the banter is great, the result is almost secondary at the moment. They had some chap who works for the FA doing a piece on Betty Hutchins as she's been nominated for fan of the year. Now I've been going on Betty's coach for years, I was happy to do an interview with the guy. It got me thinking. How much do people like Betty give to this club. How much do we all give to this club. Endless fucking hours travelling, giving up whole Saturdays. I know it's our choice, but when all that is keeping me going is the experience of the banter and crack on the coach, it's not right.

Why have we been cursed with these owners. Why have they come into my life and ruined my number one love...why do I see this smirking bint, cowardly hiding away, having ruined another weekend. This absolute imbecile of an owner who nobody knows anything about. People say he must be a clever man to have achieved the success he has in business. I think he's a fucking idiot. He's come into my life and twisted the knife in and messed with one of the most important things I do.

My involvement in Charlton now is so focused on driving these people out. I want to hammer them with protest after protest. I want KM to stay away. I want her to suffer the indignity of not being able to attend home games.

It's so simple. RD had fans at standard rioting, and within 2 years of owning us, we don't want him here anymore either. What the fuck does that tell you. Roland, you're useless at this running a football club game.

It's not for you. Buy a model train set. Go back to politics. Play football manager. Sniff glue. Whatever you do, get out the football business. You don't know what you're doing.

My final bit of frustration is over the players. I'm not interested in this feeling sorry for them. All these words after Tuesday about how we've hit rock bottom and we've got to turn it around. All these gestures re: refunds. We must be the only team who can take a 5-0 defeat, come out and say enough is enough, and then go out and lose 6-0

These players have got to start taking responsibility now. They haven't and they've been given a lot of patience. They are paid a lot of money. They have nowhere to hide anymore. They should be ashamed of themselves - instead I get prats like Vaz Te running over to us at the end to clap us. Fuck off. You're only here for the money Vaz. You don't care.

Let's just keep the protests up

You obviously love going to Charlton games (going being the operative word) obviously watching them at the moment is no fun it's the going/day out what keeps you going no matter what dross is served up on the pitch it's what you enjoy doing and as long as you enjoy that experience then keep on going....the good times will return...just don't know when though.
    He needs to go by train, get a beer down him to numb the pain.
  • Options

Simonsen said:

sarge1g said:

Yes along with Aizlewood if memory serves correct
    Correct.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

mogodon said:

Makes the 6-1 loss at home to Leeds in the Premier League seem like the club's halcyon days

At least that day it was just that Leeds were very good and Viduka at the absolute top of his game. You also couldn't fault the way the club was run then, or the players or the manager.
    Didn't a young James Milner tear us a new one as well that day?
    Edit; might have been Harry Kewell, Milner was the same year but next season.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

mogodon said:

Makes the 6-1 loss at home to Leeds in the Premier League seem like the club's halcyon days

At least that day it was just that Leeds were very good and Viduka at the absolute top of his game. You also couldn't fault the way the club was run then, or the players or the manager.
    Didn't a young James Milner tear us a new one as well that day?
    Edit; might have been Harry Kewell, Milner was the same year but next season.
    I think it was Kewell but Milner may have been there too. I think Lennon came on as a sub late on. Blooding youngsters at 6 up, rather than 6 down...
  • Options
    RedTank said:

Hi lads,

Hull City fan in peace here.

Game aside, we've had our fair share of shite owners. All the best in getting rid of the muppets in charge.

Secondly, I apologise if any of you had to listen to the City commentary team yesterday, as I see yours may have had technical issues. All I will say is that we have to put up with that shit all season, and have been doing for years. At least you don't have to listen to the dross all the time like we do.

Good luck for rest of season, sithe later.

That's why I don't bother with the player. Intermittent technical issues and intermittent random commentary.
  • Options
    RedTank said:

Hi lads,

Hull City fan in peace here.

Game aside, we've had our fair share of shite owners. All the best in getting rid of the muppets in charge.

Secondly, I apologise if any of you had to listen to the City commentary team yesterday, as I see yours may have had technical issues. All I will say is that we have to put up with that shit all season, and have been doing for years. At least you don't have to listen to the dross all the time like we do.

Good luck for rest of season, sithe later.

Cheers.

Yup, they were a very condescending pair ...bloody awful commentators.
  • Options
    Wasn't there. Just watched the highlights. Fucking jesus.
  • Options

Wasn't there. Just watched the highlights. Fucking jesus.

His Dad better not find out, not renowned for His sense of humour (I could be wrong but, from a skim through the Old Testament, it's on a par with Roland's knowledge of how to run our club properly).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TWO DOWN. HOW LONG'S LEFT?
  • Options

TWO DOWN. HOW LONG'S LEFT?

Top photo Steve - one of yours?
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights on player.
    Could not see one tackle made by us during the approach play to their goals.
    Truly shocking.
    The players should be embarrassed.
  • Options
    Looks like Williams had a stormer