Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views - Hull City 6 Duchatelet's Dejects 0 (16/01/16)

Comments

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Had a jam with my Charlton-supporting mate and wrote a song instead of following the coverage. Didn't think there was any point.

It's all shit.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEE HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEE (for tomorrow but still we always have shit results around Jan 17th - Watford last year is an example)

Happy birthday for tomorrow mate. Still haven't got you a present though!
  • Options
    It's sad how watching those highlights doesn't stir any emotion in me. First two away games I've missed all season this week and don't really have any intention to go again. Will be asking for a refund on my Rotherham tickets this Saturday. Never thought I'd say it but have found there are much better ways to spend my Saturday than watching Charlton.
  • Options
    We miss Diarra
  • Options
    Positives: it was nice to find a half decent red wine in a ground. My dad said his pie was nice and it was good to have a chat with @RedChaser too.
    Also. This was so different to the resignation on Tuesday. Today amongst our away support, the anger was there and we let them know how we felt.
    Negatives. Well the entire performance again. We matched them for five minutes then went to pieces. No wonder Hendo didn't want to come out second half. Credit to the players for coming over at the end although vaz te had to be told to do it as was skulking off again.
    I have no idea where this broken team go from here. But I do know we will best this god awful regime.
  • Options
    it's all been written above .. my turn((:>) .. effort can't be faulted in my eyes, except for one or two and I will not name them, just hope they'll be fucked off a s a p .. fact is we were outclassed all over the pitch .. our players are mostly second rate or too inexperienced, basic errors gave away five of the eleven we've shipped in the past week, the rest were down to lack of talent in Addicks shirts ...
    The H's Hudd and Hull ripped us apart .. I can accept it today (just) as Hull are a class side packed with internationals and established premier quality players but Huddersfield, a similar sized club to us ?.. I am a bit stuck for words here .. we'll just have to see what transpires against Blackburn and Rotherham to see if the Riga effect is working ....

Riga was briefly interviewed on 5Live .. briefly .. for a while, we now have one game a week rather than two a week, this will give him time to assess the players and to get them organised .. let's hope he can do it .. SOON
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    These bastards aren't making dry January any easier.
    It comes to something when you cheer yourself up by going to watch The Revenant. Fucking hell.
  • Options

Looking forward to Northampton and Oxford away next season

But "Relegation isn't an option".
  • Options
    limeygent said:

But "Relegation isn't an option".
    The fuckface needs to open his wallet.

• Options
    Middlesboro taking the piss out of us giving us that useless Williams.
    Should never be able to put on a Charlton shirt again.
    McAleny and Williams must be the two worst loans ever.
    Seen better players on a Sunday morning at Blackheath!
    Send him back ASAP.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Middlesboro taking the piss out of us giving us that useless Williams.
    Should never be able to put on a Charlton shirt again.
    McAleny and Williams must be the two worst loans ever.
    Seen better players on a Sunday morning at Blackheath!
    Send him back ASAP.

Boro are just using us to get him some matches. Players only loan to other clubs if there is a benefit in it for the parent club, whether it be to cut some cash off the wage bill, get them some experience, or in Williams' case, so we can get him fit for them. I bet he'll get fit with us and then go back to Boro and start performing (if he doesn't get injured again in the meantime).
  • Options
    Hardly a reaction when the scores were coming in on Sky Sports News.
    Bit like Fr. Stone off Fr. Ted. That's how bad it is. I was at the game on Tuesday but ducked out of today. Don't know if I can face Rotherham. I'll get counselling first.
  • Options

Henderson doesn't look at fault for any of those. Williams, Johnson and Lennon on the other hand.....Hendo is the least if our problems.

I cannot believe the ineptitude of that defending. Williams looks like a carthorse. No surprise given the amount of games he has played in the last two years. Pointless loan, send him back.

If Diarra and Bauer aren't going to be back anytime soon then our goal difference is going to be horrific by the end of the season.

The body language as those goals go in is horrendous. Johnson looks like he doesn't care and unfortunately the same can be aaid of Solly.

What did you have to say on the radio fella?
  • Options
    fucking disgrace shit team shit owner the trap door opened on Tuesday against Huddersfield and today we jumped straight through it into league 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boro loan us Williams, who today has a mare against one of their main promotion rivals, oops...

Incidentally, where was THD today? Playing Lennon at LB today initially was a major surprise
  • Options

The Cobblers will rip the Addicks an enormous new hole. I have been to a few games at Sixfields recently and they remind me of early Curbishley era Charlton. They win ugly, they work as a team, they have humility - there are no stars.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Henderson doesn't look at fault for any of those. Williams, Johnson and Lennon on the other hand.....Hendo is the least if our problems.

I cannot believe the ineptitude of that defending. Williams looks like a carthorse. No surprise given the amount of games he has played in the last two years. Pointless loan, send him back.

If Diarra and Bauer aren't going to be back anytime soon then our goal difference is going to be horrific by the end of the season.

The body language as those goals go in is horrendous. Johnson looks like he doesn't care and unfortunately the same can be aaid of Solly.

You've lost me!

• Options
    I really can't be arsed to comment on that!! However, a couple of 'comedy' quote moments helped relieve some of the pain. Went down for some steak and ale pie action after their 3rd goal to witness a fella at the food kiosk say:

"My team are losing 3-0 and you want f*****g £2.30 for a bottle of water" (then the 4th went in).

Second quote heard after leaving the ground, with one Hull fan saying to another:

"They weren't as bad as Cardiff"!!!

Priceless and hallelujah!! There's a team that's more comical than us in the league!!
  • Options
    I was there. Yes it really was that bad. I will post tomorrow. Can't be bothered now. Much like our players at the moment.
  • Options
    Was today Umerah's first team debut? What a game to come on for.
  • Options

rikofold said:

You've lost me!

Thought someone said you phoned in. Must have misunderstood.
  • Options
    An idea for strategy. If you're going to the home matches anyway, get there early and demonstrate in the car park. Go into the ground for the first half and demonstrate there too (banners, songs, turning backs to the pitch etc). Leave at half-time and demonstrate in the car park until an hour after the final whistle/inevitable defeat. If something like this were organised, it would surely garner press coverage, and if kept peaceful any coverage will hopefully be positive for the fans.