Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views - Hull City 6 Duchatelet's Dejects 0 (16/01/16)

Comments

• Options

Good words from Clem on R5 right now....

@Clem_Snide This - but guess not you.
  • Options

.effort can't be faulted in my eyes,

what!?!?!?

Yep, agree that Hull are a class act in this league but you're saying the effort was there in the Charlton team - right?

Blimey, bottle whatever it is you take Lincs and sell it mate! You will soon have enough money to make the big R an offer!!!

Effort!! I've seen more effort at a 3 day meditation session!!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    rikofold said:

Good words from Clem on R5 right now....

@Clem_Snide This - but guess not you.
    I think that was Mark Clemmit or whatever his name is.

• Options
    I'm surprised we have t had some more 'Look forward to Riga starting on Monday after being in the stands today' bullshit despite Riga particularly stating his involvement today.

Or some transfer rumour around acquiring an Ex-Celtic striker who looks pretty handy but has some anger management issues that Riga should be able to sort out.
  • Options

rananegra said:

Was today Umerah's first team debut? What a game to come on for.

Found it a bit baffling to bring on a kid for his debut at 5-0 down, tbh.
    Spot on Airman. Why do it to the kid? Having said that he looks a real handful...so that's him sold in the summer.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    rananegra said:

he did well .. he's a big unit and put himself about .. if only Makienok showed similar traits .. what a shame, we can produce potentially terrific players from the academy for the use it seems of other clubs .. as Michael Gray (still smarting from THAT penalty miss Micky ?) said on C5 tonight.. we've shipped 11 goals in less than a week, who would want to come and play for us ? .. indeed Michael, who the fuck would ? ... that's why Riga must almost be forced to play as many youngsters as possible, they will be as good or better than some of the dregs that have been signed recently and what is the point in academies if the 'products' are never played
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

rananegra said:

Spot on Airman. Why do it to the kid? Having said that he looks a real handful...so that's him sold in the summer.
    He did more in his brief appearance then most of the team put together.

• Options

rananegra said:

Exactly. But the wrong game to throw him in.

Also didn't understand bringing Fox on at 5-0 down.
  • Options
    Maybe he was trying to make it 6 or 7 nil in order to get some more transfer funds. Otherwise I can't see why you would bring Fox on...But I wouldn't have started Lennon at LB.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

rananegra said:

Exactly. But the wrong game to throw him in.

Also didn't understand bringing Fox on at 5-0 down.
    he brought on Fox because Williams was quite simply shaking in his boots with shell shock .. after he gave them the first goal he became incapable of keeping the ball on the park, he was a walking nervous wreck and should have been replaced after 1/2 an hour .. he's unfit, slow and just not ready for anything like competitive football .. I thought Lennon did Ok at full back but Riga had to move him to the middle in order to get Williams off .. as for Umerah .. he's a big lad, he's a professional footballer, so when better time to see what he's got when the team is well below rock bottom ? .. easy to bring him on if (oh lord please) when we had a lead and were cruising .. he learnt a lot this afternoon and so did I, the young man has got what it takes .. up against the excellent Davis and Maguire he gave as good as he got .. if only we ever get the chance to see him alongside Lookman in attack !!
  • Options
    Ignored the football all day until HT when I had a few texts, the sad thing is that I'm not even angry about the result really.

Past caring at the moment.

Look forward to League 1 next season
  • Options

Ignored the football all day until HT when I had a few texts, the sad thing is that I'm not even angry about the result really.

Past caring at the moment.

Look forward to League 1 next season

Exactly the same. IMO you can't just blame this on the board. The olayers should and must start doing better. Will be interesting to see what Riga can change in a week
  • Options

rananegra said:

he did well .. he's a big unit and put himself about .. if only Makienok showed similar traits .. what a shame, we can produce potentially terrific players from the academy for the use it seems of other clubs .. as Michael Gray (still smarting from THAT penalty miss Micky ?) said on C5 tonight.. we've shipped 11 goals in less than a week, who would want to come and play for us ? .. indeed Michael, who the fuck would ? ... that's why Riga must almost be forced to play as many youngsters as possible, they will be as good or better than some of the dregs that have been signed recently and what is the point in academies if the 'products' are never played
    I work in the same building as his mum, so that's good to hear. Hopefully I'll get to see him play soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A sign of the difference between the clubs, was the subs they brought on. Aluko, Huddlestone and Ryan Taylor, when we are sending on a kid for his debut
  • Options
    'Still even though the heart has gone, you may find the team can spread out.'
  • Options
    Wasn't the new manger bounce that I would have like; let's hope that Jose and the squad can have clear heads and a plan to move forward. If ever there was a time to bond, it is now.
  • Options
    The only faint glimmer of hope I can think of is that during Riga's previous time with us, he seemed happy to concede a few easy defeats against the better teams, concentrating energy and resources on the winnable games. Question is, are we capable of beating anyone with this squad?
  • Options

Did Fraeye take a leaf from Liam Byrne’s book and leave one of his infamous notes?

Dear Jose,

I’m afraid there is no heart left.

Karel Fraeye.

Or, as Reginald Maudlin (the former Tory Chancellor) said to Jim Callaghan in 1964, "sorry to leave things in such a mess, old chap" (and he wasn't talking about the state of 11 Downing Street).

I fear that our Jose has been left with an impossible task (even more so than RD's other appointments) but I desperately hope that he can pull it off against all odds.
  • Options
    One positive. I would say 6-0 away to Hull is a step up from 5-0 away to Huddersfield.

Is that a stretch?