Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reece Oxford - loan ?

Coming in on loan from West Ham according to Matt Law from the Telegraph on Twitter

Comments

• another centre half? Now don't get me wrong he's an exceptional talent but that's it. No real first team football and none in the Championship. Not what we need at the moment. We need old heads.
  • Looks a promising 'kid'. But only 17. Must be for the development squad: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reece_Oxford
  • He is centre mid played blinding against arsenal and ain't played since I think
  • Probably our 2/3rd best CB.
  • That's for first team. WHU wouldn't loan him out for dev squad. He will need to be in the first team squad if not first team almost right away.
  • He captained their reserves two nights ago and think he scored. Very good young player. Hope this is nothing to do with Lookman going W Ham.
  • quality player, not sure he's quite what we need right now though
  • Wasn't he playing in midfield when they came to the valley? He looked pretty good and certainly passes the height test.
  • He's a great talent. Hammers mate raves about him
  • Sponsored links:

• Gonna be a star for England. Not what we need right now though...
  • Poyet and now Oxford.

I know little about him other than media was raving about him after they beat Arsenal.

If he is the creative midfielder then good.

Will have to wait and see if he's as good as some hammers think and if he's up for a relegation fight.

As ever when it's on the OS.
  • edited January 2016

Poyet and now Oxford.

Watch the Trust drop their Olympic Stadium campaign now ;-)
  • i know a bloke that reffed him 2 weeks back for fulham u21s vs west ham u21s and his text was " reece oxford is going to be an absolute player mate"
  • what's happening with Poyet??
  • I wonder whether he will play at CB or as a defensive midfielder?
  • He is/was courting this year's X Factor winner Miss Johnson ? ... so he knows a bit about pulling the pretty ladies .. Like a few on here I saw him on TV early in the season and he was pretty mature and skilled and committed .. problem is a lot of young loanees are sent out virtually against their will and can sulk a bit and feel abandoned by their real love club ..
    IF IF he is committed and wants to be here (that's even if he comes here), he will be a VERY good addition .. now we have three days to find another striker, I am not gonna hold my breath
  • He was very good against us in the summer
  • Sponsored links:

• He's only just 17. He may be brilliant, but another kid to play alongside our own?

My first thought exactly, however after a bit of a read up on him, he appears to be different gravy, so if he's good enough, he's old enough.....hopefully.
  • Not sure how I feel about this. Certainly a talent and will have played with Poyet on many occasions in the reserves. However he is 17 and we have enough of those ourselves.

On the whole I am more positive than negative
  • Good player
  • just had a wet spam fan text me this, they think he is the nuts
  • perhaps the Sprouts will change the club's name to Charlton Creche
  • Surprised. I remember people were raving about this kid just half a year ago. Wasn't he one of the youngest players to play in the Premier League?
  • Why arent we getting a creative player?

Unless Williams is going back to Middlesbrough as that loan will have ended today
  • West Ham fan at work said he was class against Arsenal, defensive midfielder, good move yes, but is he what we need at this stage, No. We need players who can score, or create. Maybe we are going for a run of 0-0 results with our new formation of 5-5-0
  • edited January 2016
    We do love a defensive midfielder. Poyet, Oxford and Diarra.

Diarra must be proper crocked then, unless he is going back in defence.