Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reece Oxford - loan ?

Comments

• Options
    cafc-harry, where are you getting this from ? How do you know Riga, said no ?
  • Options

Wonder if Watt to Blackburn has fallen down hence screwing the finances for the Oxford deal?

Fingers crossed. My imidiate thought
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The Dail mail are saying it was Riga's Call.

Have we now got a manager ?

• Options
    The man who said we needed more players turning down a player? Hmmmmm. Unless it's a statement of; I'd rather the wages go to someone more experienced.. than just I don't want him.
  • Options
    Makes sense for Riga to say no, my first thought earlier was 'why another defensive midfielder?!'
  • Options
    Thought Riga would know about signings early doors and say yes or no. Turning a deal down at the 11th hour, if that's what happened, is weird.
  • Options

Thought Riga would know about signings early doors and say yes or no. Turning a deal down at the 11th hour, if that's what happened, is weird.

Unless there's an alternative.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

When it's on the OS.

People telling him to do one etc etc based on nothing.

It is incredible how rumours can run and get distorted. As yet we do not know whether the young lad will be joining us, how far did the talks get, did he turn us down, if so, why did it get this far, if not, why condemn, what looks like a brilliant star in the making. If he does eventually get a chance to join us, will he, if he reads half of the comments on here? Another rumour is that Riga does not want him. but earlier when it was said Riga has the say on future transfers, everyone thought this was good. If Riga has said no, perhaps he is after players in other positions. Why do we not wait and see and then support whoever the player is, he must be better than Williams. Rumours are fun (normally) but they are just that, rumours, until something happens
  • Options
    edited January 2016

We really could of done with a 17 year old to get us out of this relegation battle , shame.

A 17 year old whose better than the majority of the players on our team. Guessing Gomez wasn't good enough either? Or Shelvey?
    Now your being silly , a 17 year old loanee CB, defensive midfielder is not what we need at this time and if you actually think it is then you have not watched us for the last 2 years. Do not care how good he is he aint ours unlike Gomez and Shelvey when they played.
    My guess is we have tried to sign experienced players but no one wants to join our fucking basket case of a club unless they come from belgium so we are now trying to recruit british under 18 players to get us out of the relegation zone. Sad!
  • Options
    edited January 2016

The 11th hour would be when katrien told Jose he was coming to the club and Jose said we don't need another defensive midfielder,( Poyet and Diarra) we need a midfield playmaker, and a striker to replace Tony Watt, as he seems to be Persona non grata.
  • Options
    if Riga turned him down then I'm pleased because it at least shows he has a say on things. However, you have to ask how it got so far down the line before Riga was consulted and said no.

Reece himself should count himself lucky that he has dodged a bullet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's always good to get all your transfer work done early....
  • Options

It's always good to get all your transfer work done early....

About what we should expect when our CEO has no connections in football, at the time when every other club's phones are ringing off the hook.
  • Options

It's all smoke and mirrors the club want you to believe that Riga is in charge and chose a kid to be the bait on the hook

Horrible feeling you're spot on chap.

• Options
    This might be a red herring/irrelevant .. BUT .. I was chatting to a Wolves fan before our game there this season .. Wolves had 'borrowed' Martinez, an Arsenal goalkeeper .. evidently part of the deal was that Wolves/Jackett were contractually OBLIGED to play him in two thirds of the scheduled games during his stay. Further 'investigation' shows that this is not uncommon when youngsters are loaned by premier to lower division clubs. Possibly, Riga did not want this type of deal, forcing his hand in selection matters, possibly, but then again, possibly not, who knows, will all be revealed ?
    It's a pity Oxymoron is not coming, he'd'a been good to watch
  • Options

This might be a red herring/irrelevant .. BUT .. I was chatting to a Wolves fan before our game there this season .. Wolves had 'borrowed' Martinez, an Arsenal goalkeeper .. evidently part of the deal was that Wolves/Jackett were contractually OBLIGED to play him in two thirds of the scheduled games during his stay. Further 'investigation' shows that this is not uncommon when youngsters are loaned by premier to lower division clubs. Possibly, Riga did not want this type of deal, forcing his hand in selection matters, possibly, but then again, possibly not, who knows, will all be revealed ?
    It's a pity Oxymoron is not coming, he'd'a been good to watch

Would fit in with a couple of the morons we've got playing for us at the moment …