Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reece Oxford - loan ?

Comments

• Options
    Agree with killerandflash ... and many, many others. Our Club is definitely not the place to send anyone for experience - unless they want their young players to enter a lunatic asylum! Obviously loads of dis-harmony going on behind the scenes. Must seem like Blackpool revisited for Riga. Let's be absolutely clear - Riga has next to NO power. He is an employee. Do-shit is exerting his power over everyone employed at the Club. He can't exercise that same power over fans - that's why he isn't interested in our protests or engaging with us in meaningful discussions about our concerns. He did the same at Standard Liege. He will use every opportunity to fulfil his "experiment", be that the sale of any promising young player who attracts a bid; any older talented player brought in who can turn a buck; the commercial development of the ground eg building of flats in away end; the leasing of space eg Club shop etc. To those who still cling on to the faint hope that the owner truly cares about Charlton as a meaningful football club - PLEASE WAKE UP AND FACE FACTS!!! He is not interested in the Premier League 'cos that will cost far too much in investment. His model/experiment is to aim for a low cost and low overhead base which is generally found in the lower divisions. Maybe this also suits his overall Empire 'cos he can use the losses against the Tax on profits earned from his profitable business outside football. What we have to face is the daunting challenge of getting him to sell the Club to new owners who share the same aims as fans and most of the ambitious owners of Clubs in the Championship. Who is out there? Unfortunately, just like Blackpool's Oyston, Do-shit doesn't have to sell. We must keep up the protests - and hope/pray that some brilliant mind within our ranks can conceive of a masterful, and ultimately successful plan that will eventually win the day.
  • Options

We really could of done with a 17 year old to get us out of this relegation battle , shame.

A 17 year old whose better than the majority of the players on our team. Guessing Gomez wasn't good enough either? Or Shelvey?
    Now your being silly , a 17 year old loanee CB, defensive midfielder is not what we need at this time and if you actually think it is then you have not watched us for the last 2 years. Do not care how good he is he aint ours unlike Gomez and Shelvey when they played.
    My guess is we have tried to sign experienced players but no one wants to join our fucking basket case of a club unless they come from belgium so we are now trying to recruit british under 18 players to get us out of the relegation zone. Sad!
    Except it seems like someone is trying to sign them, and someone else is trying to stop us from signing them. Which is ridiculous because 'do you want this available player?' 'No.' is a conversation you should really have before you've all but tied up the deal and the media have got hold of it and you look like a bunch of fecking clowns again.
    But "they" don't understand that word COMMUNICATION !

• Options
    edited January 2016

Sorry guys it is not a question of the guys individual ability, but how and where he fits in with the squad and the contribution he can bring to an already criminally inexperienced squad.

He has not played at a Championship level. If he plays in defensive is he really the player to lead and organise Fox or Holmes Dennis? If he plays in midfield then what are you going to do with Poyet, Diarra and Cousins? Equally as with Gomez even talented young players need to be managed through the unrelentingly intense physical and mental challenge of the Championship. It is another complication Riga can do without.

No reflection on the lad at all - the right player at the wrong time.

You all know how this works. Katrien told us when Bob Peeters was at the coaching helm.

Bob tells me "the type of player he wants. It is my job to go and find the sort of player he wants with "the recruitment team" and I negotiate the deal. We then go back to Bob with the options" and "Bob will have the final say if a player meets his needs".

In reality the "player options" will have already have been scouted, monitored, assessed and evaluated across a range of specified statistics and be on a "pre approved "player database.

Running alongside such evaluation is the player investment matrix which will allow a "signature" investment purchase for development and resale as per Parsyzek, Vetokele & Sarr. Watt was a sort of backdoor cheeky freebie nicked off Standard Liege. Certainly inspires confidence doesn't it?

As with potential recruitment of Oxford there is no understanding of team balance, of any team skills or applicable Championship experience (unless they are free agents). So bereft of balance has been any squad assembled by this regime even the decent players Vetokele, Berg Gudmundsson, Bauer struggle to maintain any sort of consistent form.

I am not sure even with Dowie and Pardew combined there has been a such a catalogue of "questionable" ill equipped, inexperienced and inappropriate signings and while it is certainly true we did sign any number of "journeymen" under Parkinson in League 1 they were very different times.

This time around can there be a more damning condemnation of their methodology than the CEO advise of the sums being spent and a 40% increase in player wages.

When will this stumbling, bumbling performance ever end?

Grapevine says it all again !

Another succinct & accurate post detailing everything that stinks about this regime as far as recruitment of players is concerned.

How can anyone doubt the sanity of this lot ?

Surely this adds fuel to the protesters fire !

• Options
    I think everyone is delusional if they think Lennon and Sarr is good enough to save us from relegation and with Bauer and diarra hurt, we need reinforcements. We are bleeding goals and being dominated in possession yet we are here saying our central defensive and central midfield is good enough? Haven't we been complaining about the lack of depth all year? Hopefully, we can bring in an offensive minded player but I am not going to complain with a talented player coming in even if untested.
  • Options

Turned us down. Wish him nothing but bad luck and injuries.

If that's the case, and it's by no means certain, then I'd applaud him in that decision. I'm shit at football and a Charlton fan, but I'd still turn us down. Who in their right mind would want to play for this shambolic club.

In fact, in the long run it might be helpful if more players turned us down - if it gives Two Shats the kick up the knickers he needs to sell up and bugger off.
  • Options
    He's deleted the tweet, it's back on lads!!!!! ;)
  • Options

I think everyone is delusional if they think Lennon and Sarr is good enough to save us from relegation and with Bauer and diarra hurt, we need reinforcements. We are bleeding goals and being dominated in possession yet we are here saying our central defensive and central midfield is good enough? Haven't we been complaining about the lack of depth all year? Hopefully, we can bring in an offensive minded player but I am not going to complain with a talented player coming in even if untested.

I agree. Given Diarra's injury record (a problem he's had throughout his career), the fact that Bauer isn't fit, and that Sarr and Lennon are incredibly raw. We need pace and athleticism at the back, for me Oxford has that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thankyou Grapevine , sums it up perfectly.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    We need experienced players with backbones coming into the side and taking the lead, not someone who can't even legally buy a pint.

New players will be coming into a difficult situation and a very hostile environment. They need the spine to pull us up. That's what we need. We already have plenty of youngsters. We need fighters.

Does anyone remember how Scott Sinclair's loan worked out in similar (if not easier) circumstances?

Good on Riga. The most worrying thing about this is the fact that transfers are getting so far along before he's even told about them.
  • Options
    How ever good the lad is, do we really need another child in the team? We already have too many boys doing a man's job. It's going to be a tough fight, we need experienced players who can help or stick with our own kids.
  • Options
    I am not to upset about this. Oxford is a massive talent with potential but we need more than that at the moment.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

That almost looks like Roland too...
  • Options
    West ham fan at work can't believe it. Reckons Oxford is awesome
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

West ham fan at work can't believe it. Reckons Oxford is awesome

He is. We've made an error here.
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if Fulham or Queens Park Rangers dont try to loan him now!!
  • Options
    In light of the CP interview last night, and this is just me guessing not ITK, could it be a case of Riga getting a call saying we have a new player at the training ground. Riga goes down and asks Oxford who are you? Not because he didn't know who the player was but because he had no idea Roland and co were just signing this kid up. So Oxford is there and the "manager doesn't know him". Fits with everything in the media and the club's track record.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just read an article (admittidly on the Daily Mail) saying he Riga turned the move down because he had no idea that he was being signed
  • Options
    He's not played at Championship level - he's played in the Premier League which is a slightly higher standard in case anyone was wondering...
  • Options
    Rigas interview on CAFC Player yesterday (about 7 mins long) says he's hoping as far as new players are concerned that he will still get some by Monday. Not sure if this happened before or after the Oxford debacle.
  • Options

He's not played at Championship level - he's played in the Premier League which is a slightly higher standard in case anyone was wondering...

He's played in the Premier League four times. In case you were wondering.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

How many times had Coquelin or Song played before they joined us? How many games had Gomez played this time last year?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

That's four games at a considerably higher standard than any matches we'll be involved in this season in case you were wondering. MOM at the Emirates? Gave the ball away once in 79 minutes?

Nope, not the kind of player we need...
  • Options

Signing the likes of Johnson whilst turning down one of the brightest talents in the English game. Welcome to the wonderful world of Charlton Athletic! You really couldn't make this up.

Indeed!
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

That's four games at a considerably higher standard than any matches we'll be involved in this season in case you were wondering. MOM at the Emirates? Gave the ball away once in 79 minutes?

I'm reading this a lot... Now I know he's only 17-years of age, but why hasn't he kicked on with West Ham if this the case?
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

I'm reading this a lot... Now I know he's only 17-years of age, but why hasn't he kicked on with West Ham if this the case?
    I guess primarily bcos West Ham are doing rather well this season (sixth in the Premier League with just five defeats) and can afford to take their time with him. He's clearly a very special talent and I can't believe anyone doesn't think he could add some quality that we don't currently have in midfield