Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reece Oxford - loan ?

Comments

• Options
    Message I just got from a west ham mate

Good move, he's a quality player and it will be good for him to play some more, hopefully he'll help your lot get out of trouble
  • Options
    It's a big risk, but in a relegation battle we needs people playing without fear. When I saw him against Arsenal he was pretty fearless. At least he'll play with energy - Williams and Johnson look absolutely knackered.
  • Options
    hope we haven't got too many night games - has to be home in bed by eight
  • Options

it may work out but bringing an inexperienced kid into a struggling side, low on confidence is fraught with danger. Also, I'm amazed he didn't have better options than us. And our transfer policy? Scattergun approach. Why Williams? Can now ask why Poyet?

Probably our distance from West Ham, did not want a 17 year old travelling too far to play for another club, should think he can live with his family while playing for us
  • Options
    What about Alex Song coming in to a Premier League relegation battle (granted he didnt save us)... but he was superb and consistently one of the best players on the pitch!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

it may work out but bringing an inexperienced kid into a struggling side, low on confidence is fraught with danger. Also, I'm amazed he didn't have better options than us. And our transfer policy? Scattergun approach. Why Williams? Can now ask why Poyet?

Probably our distance from West Ham, did not want a 17 year old travelling too far to play for another club, should think he can live with his family while playing for us
    It could also be tied up with Lookman's future direction.
  • Options
    Went to the West Ham friendlier in the Summer with a Hammer, and I asked him this guy was after about 20 minutes. Couldn't believe he was only 16 at the time - absolute specimen and looked to be years ahead of his age in ability.
  • Options

I think we can forget Williams

Who?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As long as this isn't the last of the signings, I'm not too concerned. He looks a decent player and will definitely help plug some holes at the back. Now we need someone who can get their foot on the ball and make things happen in attack. It's going to be hard to find a player like that who is available in this window and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
  • Options

Message I just got from a west ham mate

Good move, he's a quality player and it will be good for him to play some more, hopefully he'll help your lot get out of trouble

Just had a WHam lad at work say virtually the same thing. Reckons it is "a great move, he's ridiculously strong for a kid and a great talent".

If he can replicate that Arsenal performance on a regular basis, then it's great for us too. He reckons they're just easing him into the team and can afford to do that now as they had a few injured players, including Song, come back.
  • Options
    adds to katrien's goal of attracting fans to see "the premier league stars of the future". No doubt oxford will be a fantastic player, but do we need a 17 year old to get us out of a relegation battle? A good experience for the young lad tthough
  • Options
    A lot of people are saying he's too young and we already have a lot of youngsters in and around the team. The difference is this kid is top quality and has already been touted as a future England star.

I fully expect we'll all be gutted to see him go back at the end of the season.
  • Options

adds to katrien's goal of attracting fans to see "the premier league stars of the future". No doubt oxford will be a fantastic player, but do we need a 17 year old to get us out of a relegation battle? A good experience for the young lad tthough

Beggars can't be choosers.
  • Options
    I'm happy with Oxford I have to say, however we need a new and experienced attacking mid and a new out and out striker.
  • Options
    Pleasing.
    This will be a chance for Reece to show his parent club what he is made of. You won't be playing on pristine pitches every week, and you can forget pin-point passing with teammates in bags of space down here lad.

Seriously though I think he is a great addition for the run in and if you're going to take a loan player on then take a young lad with bags of energy willing to put a shift in. Got a feeling this could help Jordan Cousins push on a bit too.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henderson
    Solly ... Teixeira ... Oxford ... Fox
    Gudmundsson ... Cousins ... Jackson / Attacking Midfielder ... Bergdich
    Lookman ... Vetokele

Doesnt look a bad side
  • Options
    Can he play left back?
  • Options
    What position will he play at ?
  • Options
    Its a positive move ...or at least it seems so ,maybe the exposure he had earlier in the season has gone to his head,maybe he has just gone down the pecking order at West Ham and needs games all i want to see is 11 players out there prepared to give their all for the shirt
  • Options

I think we can forget Williams

#NeverForget
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Pleasing.
    This will be a chance for Reece to show his parent club what he is made of. You won't be playing on pristine pitches every week, and you can forget pin-point passing with teammates in bags of space down here lad.

Seriously though I think he is a great addition for the run in and if you're going to take a loan player on then take a young lad with bags of energy willing to put a shift in. Got a feeling this could help Jordan Cousins push on a bit too.

Actually the quality of the pitches he'll play on is much the same as the ones he'll be used to. If nothing else!
  • Options

Henderson
    Solly ... Teixeira ... Oxford ... Fox
    Gudmundsson ... Cousins ... Jackson / Attacking Midfielder ... Bergdich
    Lookman ... Vetokele

Doesnt look a bad side

It does, it's the same as our current side except a young but talented CB (who may actually be a DM) and a fat striker upfront.
  • Options
    At last!

We get to see a youngster that's off to the premier league!
    Not quite the way Katrien had hoped though.
  • Options

Why arent we getting a creative player?

Unless Williams is going back to Middlesbrough as that loan will have ended today

Not all bad news then :wink: