Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell on Talksport tonight

Comments

• Options
    I was left flabbergasted with what he said about the way RD treated him. SCP a true Legend!
  • Options

loved listening to it last night but it really annoys me, I honestly think if the spivs had not of run out of money Powell would have taken us places, we had such a good feeling around the place and with a couple of signings like who was being mentioned it would of really been a top 6 challenger I am sure.

I cant move on.

Could not agree more.
  • Options
    Just a great bloke and Katrien you false utter twerp that is what LOVE for CAFC looks and sounds like.
  • Options

Pretty sure Solly and all the other players knew at the time just as they knew Powell was going before the Sheff Utd game.

And who was it telling Roland those players weren't good enough?

Well, we know Fraeye was scouting the team from before Powell was sacked so put 2 and 2 together.

Chrissy Powell's Black and White Army

If I remember right, around a couple of months after CP was sacked, Roland fired his network recruitment manager - giving the reason that player signings had not been effective.

And no, it wasn't Fraeye.

• Options
    The more I hear and read from KM & RD the more I think to myself I would not wish these two on any other club.
    Nor will I ever take an ignorant view to other clubs who are also in the shit or those who will fall foul of poor ownership too in the future.

Sad times.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think that's a fare enough statement for a new owner of a club, which finished the previous season just a few points off the play offs, to make.
    Onwards and upwards and all that. I'm absolutely sure there are and were better players than we had in those positions. Unfortunately we all know this didn't pan out quite the way any of us liked.

I know same about brain surgery as RD knows about football. The real difference between us is, money. People with money sometimes think they are all knowing because they have been successful in one field but fail to realise that their success in life were not all down to their own perceived level of intelligence and their skills do not transfer into others business and jobs. Its also, to my mind, a very arrogant opinion to hold. Whether they like it or not, luck, chance and whatever play a huge role in success.
    Thurman, (more than most), and other signings proves this point.

• Options
    Great bloke, Charlton ledge.
  • Options

I think that's a fare enough statement for a new owner of a club, which finished the previous season just a few points off the play offs, to make.
    Onwards and upwards and all that. I'm absolutely sure there are and were better players than we had in those positions. Unfortunately we all know this didn't pan out quite the way any of us liked.

I know same about brain surgery as RD knows about football. The real difference between us is, money. People with money sometimes think they are all knowing because they have been successful in one field but fail to realise that their success in life were not all down to their own perceived level of intelligence and their skills do not transfer into others business and jobs. Its also, to my mind, a very arrogant opinion to hold. Whether they like it or not, luck, chance and whatever play a huge role in success.
    Thurman, (more than most), and other signings proves this point.

Of course, but there is a big difference between strengthening a side (which we needed) and forcing the 'has been' or 'never gonna be' hack clients of a single dodgy agent into a side (which we got)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Pretty sure Solly and all the other players knew at the time just as they knew Powell was going before the Sheff Utd game.

And who was it telling Roland those players weren't good enough?

Well, we know Fraeye was scouting the team from before Powell was sacked so put 2 and 2 together.

Chrissy Powell's Black and White Army

If I remember right, around a couple of months after CP was sacked, Roland fired his network recruitment manager - giving the reason that player signings had not been effective.

And no, it wasn't Fraeye.

Probably sacked him on Fraeye's advice ;-)
  • Options
    Not that it would ever happen in 100 million years but if we go down this season Chris Powell would deserve an apology from Roland and Katrien for undoing all of the good work he did, and to think we would be going down with better funding than he had!
  • Options
    What an interview - that cheered me up, brought a tear to my eye, made me feel down.......then made me laugh. That guy is just a Hero, he is a real Charlton Legend and Row-land Rat has taken that away from us.

I really hope he comes back at some point in the future (History shows that it is likely with him!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A man with principals has no place working for this disgusting regime.

Take heed Richard Murray.
  • Options
    Did he mention anything about why he was sacked at Hudds and hasn't got a job since ?
  • Options

Chris mentioned it himself last night, he used to sign players who where the right characters and for for the club, he said about 3 or 4 times this club is different etc.

The above is what made the CP teams so great to follow and really made you feel part of the journey as a fan, similar to curbs 94 - 03.

The above is not just a CP team - it was the Charlton way. Curbs wanted players who were "hungry and angry" and were the right fit.

All that said though - CP always said HE picked the team and players were NOT forced upon him so why the change of heart and why has it taken him so long to say it. We could have been protesting much earlier and harder.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Chris mentioned it himself last night, he used to sign players who where the right characters and for for the club, he said about 3 or 4 times this club is different etc.

The above is what made the CP teams so great to follow and really made you feel part of the journey as a fan, similar to curbs 94 - 03.

The above is not just a CP team - it was the Charlton way. Curbs wanted players who were "hungry and angry" and were the right fit.

All that said though - CP always said HE picked the team and players were NOT forced upon him so why the change of heart and why has it taken him so long to say it. We could have been protesting much earlier and harder.

Maybe he was thinking about how he would look for future jobs but now everyone is aware of the basket club we are and how Roland is so bad that he feels he can say it and not look bitter etc.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Swisdom said:

All of this stuff was very much in the open. Powell didn't say players weren't forced upon him. Alex Dyer confirmed all of the allegations in May 2014 in an interview for the SLP. The information has been out there for years.
    True. But actually hearing Chris Powell say it in person is very powerful. And just proves what a clown RD is. (Although that information has also been out there for years).