Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell on Talksport tonight

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    I hope one day he returns!
  • Options
    Am i right in saying that when RD bought us that Ben Alnwick and Lawrie wilson were our gk and rb respectively?
  • Options
    It's that number that just won't seem to go away
  • Options

Am i right in saying that when RD bought us that Ben Alnwick and Lawrie wilson were our gk and rb respectively?

Either way, I present you, Thuram and Nego.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

And yet we brought in players from the network even worse then them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2% ... Oh the irony
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I know this is bloody obvious and maybe said 100 times but Richard Murray has a LOT to answer for.

KM and RD have their own agenda but RM just sitting back watching all this happen.

Judas.
  • Options
    Sorry, had a heavy night, now off to Rotherham. :neutral:
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    It is clear to everybody that Colin 1961 is a WUM troll - probably a Millwall or Palace fan. Please kick him off this forum.
  • Options
    Hair tingling interview.
    Rare in the world of football, I feel.

CP was learning his trade when he joined us.
    Because he is the man he is, principled, compassionate and passionate, he, above all other possible managers available, should have been guaranteed a 10 year contract.

Through thick or thin.

The result would have been a stronger club and a Charlton we could all relate to once again. A mainly British team, made up of players with passion and commitment.

Two problems.
    1. Fan reaction to relegation within the early years of his 10 year plan
    And
    2. Disastrous, interfering, know-nothing, lying, history-ignorant Belian wankers.

Who must go.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

colin1961 said:

Jdredsox said:

colin1961 said:

loved listening to it last night but it really annoys me, I honestly think if the spivs had not of run out of money Powell would have taken us places, we had such a good feeling around the place and with a couple of signings like who was being mentioned it would of really been a top 6 challenger I am sure.

I cant move on.

Yeah div one
    You know what colin, for once can you just shut the hell up?

Powell had us 9th in the championship the one season he had funding in this league. His merits and limitations have been discussed to death so I'm not going to re-hash them here.

Now look at ALL the managers your beloved Roland and Katrien have brought in, has a single one of them come close to finishing 9th?

And div one is the championship you moron. Maybe you meant LEAGUE ONE but the only people taking us in that direction are Roland and Katrien.

Powell clearly still loves this club, I want to think you do as well but you seem to be clouded by your love of everything RD and KM do.

Take off the rose tinted glasses and take a proper look at the club. Things are falling apart and the Roland personality cult you've bought into is not going to fix things. They just want to sweep the problems under the rug.

Wake up or shut up.
    He had the likes of Solly , Stephens , Kermit , Hamer for 5 months that season and we were still bottom ...?
    So let's not be taken in by the poor Powell act .. He knew Stephens and Kermit was leaving in Jan because the previous owners said they could not afford to offer them new deals the previous summer.....
    So you need to wake up , nd don't get Powell the man mixed up with Powell the manager
    Put a sock in it FFS.
    Just ignore Colin. He gets some kind of thrill winding people up, so just don't respond.
  • Options
    Colin and PL54 may either enjoy being contrarians, or genuinely possess IQs that shame a goldfish (which I think is the necessary requirement to lend your support to our current administration) - but they still have a right to post, whether it is due to the former or the latter.

Banning people because you don't agree with them is not the way forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It isn't because I don't agree - It is because he takes ridiculous positions contrived to wind people up.
  • Options
    I don't think he does Muttley. He's just a complete numpty.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Colin and PL54 may either enjoy being contrarians, or genuinely possess IQs that shame a goldfish (which I think is the necessary requirement to lend your support to our current administration) - but they still have a right to post, whether it is due to the former or the latter.

Banning people because you don't agree with them is not the way forward.

Nah.
  • Options
    From what I've seen PL54 is a contrarian, Colin is further out there and needs professional help.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

I know this is bloody obvious and maybe said 100 times but Richard Murray has a LOT to answer for.

KM and RD have their own agenda but RM just sitting back watching all this happen.

Judas.

RM proved his backbone or lack thereof when TJ and MS managed to dispense of Kavanagh, Varney and Rick everritt in very quick succession. People good at their jobs and good Charlton people
  • Options

Jdredsox said:

colin1961 said:

Jdredsox said:

colin1961 said:

loved listening to it last night but it really annoys me, I honestly think if the spivs had not of run out of money Powell would have taken us places, we had such a good feeling around the place and with a couple of signings like who was being mentioned it would of really been a top 6 challenger I am sure.

I cant move on.

Yeah div one
    You know what colin, for once can you just shut the hell up?

Powell had us 9th in the championship the one season he had funding in this league. His merits and limitations have been discussed to death so I'm not going to re-hash them here.

Now look at ALL the managers your beloved Roland and Katrien have brought in, has a single one of them come close to finishing 9th?

And div one is the championship you moron. Maybe you meant LEAGUE ONE but the only people taking us in that direction are Roland and Katrien.

Powell clearly still loves this club, I want to think you do as well but you seem to be clouded by your love of everything RD and KM do.

Take off the rose tinted glasses and take a proper look at the club. Things are falling apart and the Roland personality cult you've bought into is not going to fix things. They just want to sweep the problems under the rug.

Wake up or shut up.
    He had the likes of Solly , Stephens , Kermit , Hamer for 5 months that season and we were still bottom ...?
    So let's not be taken in by the poor Powell act .. He knew Stephens and Kermit was leaving in Jan because the previous owners said they could not afford to offer them new deals the previous summer.....
    So you need to wake up , nd don't get Powell the man mixed up with Powell the manager
    Your heads so far up Roland's ass that you're confusing his colon with a brain.

I could go over everything everyone has said to you on this thread, on the transfer thread or any other number of threads but it wouldn't make a bit of difference because you. You clearly lack the capacity for individual thought away from the Roland mothership.

Powell was never perfect, but he's better than any of the "interims" we had. I'm not confusing the man and the manager, his first management gig went pretty well until this regime turned up/the others ran out of Cash though.

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to block this twat?
    Yeah we protest against the Mods for not giving him a ban...

Does anyone know where @AFKABartram and @LoOkOuT live so we can go stand outside for a few hours chanting?

I know where they live.

AFKA is loving being within easy commuting distance of London.

And LoOkOuT is living on a large rock in the Atlantic Ocean.

• Options

It is clear to everybody that Colin 1961 is a WUM troll - probably a Millwall or Palace fan. Please kick him off this forum.

He is a died in the wool Addick.

He has been posting on many forums for years. Many times @rikofold, @pragueaddick, @airmanbrown and I "crossed swords" with him on Glynnes Email List.

He is entitled to his view - not one I have shared too much over the years, be it his attacks on Curbs, Kishishev or Chris Powell. I wish people will either take his comments with a pinch of salt and leave him alone. Calling him out for being a troll, be it Spanner or Nigel, is not fair. He is a fan who just has views which sometimes grate.
    I have missed you bing hope your well
  • Options
    Just listened to this after @Siv_in_Norfolk sent me the link. A brilliant piece. Just shows what a man Chris Powell is. And, he's still got his sense of humour.

A sad indictment of our current Regime. Scummy bastards. They aren't fit to wear the shirt.

I seriously do think Roland could be a bit nutty. A typical megalomaniac in my opinion.