Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

April Fans Forum - MINUTES ON PAGE 11

Comments

• Options

shirty5 said:

Essex_Al said:

Elfsborg!

Ideal man to take over from Sid Cartwright?

Who is Sid Cartwright?
    I thought it was Ian Cheesewright.
    2 easily confusable individuals!
  • Options

You can't trust anything that comes out of KM's mouth.

I bet she has to get somebody else to whistle her dog.

Brilliant! I am pinching that... :smiley:
  • Options
    The board that keeps on giving. Pretty close to the original minutes too.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Apart from having a fans forum and clearly telling fans demonstrable lies, we have the notion that they can learn from mistakes in order to be 'competitive' in the third division.
    They have destroyed this club, the decisions and actions they make in the future are still going to be made by these same morons. Arrogance and the abuse of power is what sings to me from what they're putting out. Very much the same stuff Belgiumbun and that other one was spouting a couple of weeks ago.
    They are clearly intent on riding this season out and going again, still saying that a turn around in results will restore the feel good thing. Except we will only be back where we started.
    The special offer Is 50p each or a two for a quid deal.

They're riding the season out knowing that a few thousand will be missing next year & hoping that there'll be no protesting.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Credit to those who were there. From the edited minutes it sounds like no punches were pulled.

What about the couple of attendees who said nothing.

From the last two FFs John Bennett hasn't actually uttered a word - what is the point of him being there and how on earth can he be representing the views of his respective supporters groups?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If only she had got Mandy to help out.
  • Options

You can't trust anything that comes out of KM's mouth.

I bet she has to get somebody else to whistle her dog.

Brilliant! I am pinching that... :smiley:
    Straight out of the Bob Monkhouse book of gags. :-)
  • Options

KM in minutes, re OS:

I’m obviously unhappy about the West Ham story because as a former lawyer specialized in that field it looks from the outset that there’s an argument for illegal state aid. But the harm is done, they’re moving in. So the only solution is try to make them pay a higher rental fee

On 16 May 2014, at Richard Murray's suggestion, CAST sent a document to KM outlining the full details of the State Aid complaint, which I initially raised out of curiosity, but became a full scale exercise supported by Wyn Grant and Chris Cheetham (@Mundell Fleming). All of the LLDC responses to the EC were included. Mindful both of her background, and of the nervousness of clubs to be seen to pick fights with each other, the document observes:

We believe this is an example of an action which the Trust can take, which supports the Club’s interests, but which the Club might hesitate to take.

No reply was ever received from her to this document

On 28th September 2014, again at Richard Murray's suggestion we sent a further document which outlined the final verdict of the EC regarding our complaint. In the Executive Summary we wrote

Having carefully considered the responses, we have to reluctantly conclude that the Trust cannot respond further in a way which is likely to impress the EC, for two reasons:

2.1 It is likely that a lawyer experienced in EC competition law would be needed to review the response, and we do not have access to such a person

No reply was ever received from her to this document , either.

Cant really say as Im surprised.....we know she is imcompetent and unprofessional and as far as her being a lawyer, she couldnt have been practising for very long before her 3 month stint at Standard Leige, so no experience either.
  • Options
    That is the SMT from hell - inept to the core.

Never has the saying "You can't make a silk purse from a pigs ear" been more relevant.
  • Options
    Why did no one ask her if she would be attending the POTY dinner? Then the next plan of attack could have been worked out!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    A few things jump out. If Target 20k are on the sofa case, it is going to be a massive sofa - might need to knock a stand down to get it in. If we have a top 6 league one budget that is us buggered as we have no ability or intelligence to spend it, we need the highest budget to have any chance of success. The West Ham bit was confusing - if she is an expert in this area and only now realises the implications, it pretty much tells us what we need to know. Prague has pretty much explained their lack of awareness/interest up to now on the relevant thread. Lastly, if season tickets were above expectations, they would be telling us what they are, unless expectations are incredibly low - like zero!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is a worry that they only aim to have one of the top six player budgets in league, given they claim the aim is promotion. Looks like they are planning for mid table at best.
  • Options
    The line that leaps out for me is 'The owner assessed the season last week and changes will be made'.

I am assuming she gave a very long winded waffling answer which the minute taker could not follow so summarised it with that line

• Options

Mametz said:

I fail to see any point whatsoever in these meetings. We know that the higher echelons of the club are staffed by lying incompents. Neither Katrien or, more importantly, Roland are going to change or be swayed by reason. These meetings allow them to say them to say that the club meets fans and listens to them. We should operate a policy of no cooperation and no discussion at all with this bunch of scum.

What !!! This has been one of the most entertaining threads for ages. I can't wait for The July instalment.

I agree it would be entertaining if this meeting had been early in the regime's stewardship of our club; we could chortle happily and wait for the inevitable lessons to be learnt. At this stage however all it does is enable them to say that do meet and engage with fans. Make no mistake a number of our fans actually believe the rubbish that emerges from these gatherings and the regime will be pleased with that. I know,and you know, that that Katrien is a liar and a fool but a significant number of supporters will believe her when she says that the regime will learn lessons, with the implication that a competent manager, scout etc are to be appointed soon. All in all the regime have won a points victory here.
  • Options
    God I hate her
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

After going over those minutes again it appears that the rumour that I heard a few weeks ago is true regarding the make up of the SMT. If we cast our mind back over the past several years, club stalwart Mick Everett appears to not be on that list anymore - despite him being on it under Peter Varney's tenure.

Good point, hadn't picked up on that.