Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

April Fans Forum - MINUTES ON PAGE 11

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

I doubt Target 20k will be there as they announced on Twitter recently they need to remain anonymous. Can't have names on minutes!

It's not so much the need for the group to remain anonymous but one of the group received personal abuse which I won't go into the detail but frankly was out of order whatever people's opinions of the group. Maybe in future things will change.

There is the intention for a representative of the group to attend Fans Forums, unfortunately tonight wasn't possible for the group though hopefully there will be someone at the next one.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

There was no Target 20k rep there tonight though there is the intention for a group representative to attend in future.

How many people are there in the target20k group to choose a rep from?
    8 plus there have been a couple of newer members though logistically it's difficult as not many are local while others have commitments.
  • Options

seth plum said:

There was no Target 20k rep there tonight though there is the intention for a group representative to attend in future.

8 plus there have been a couple of newer members though logistically it's difficult as not many are local while others have commitments.
    Can I ask, what is your opinion of these owners? If you think they are good for the club and have Charltons best interests at heart then fair play to you. But if you think they are managing Charlton in a destructive manner or even just badly, do you not think you should walk away from working with them as many others have? Genuinely would like to know.
  • Options
    I would be interested in knowing if the 8 members of target 20k were not able to field a rep today, who was there to represent the fans at the fans forum?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Nug said:

seth plum said:

Can I ask, what is your opinion of these owners? If you think they are good for the club and have Charltons best interests at heart then fair play to you. But if you think they are managing Charlton in a destructive manner or even just badly, do you not think you should walk away from working with them as many others have? Genuinely would like to know.
    My own opinion is big change is needed at the club from top to bottom and it's clear lots of mistakes have been made and continue to be made. I look at the whole setup of the club and it resembles nothing like the club that was in place pre-season 2011/12 at present i'd say we'd probably finish just about top half so long as Ajose stays fit and scores 20+ goals. But it's not just about results, i'm not sure anybody intentionally sets out to manage the club in a destructive manner but it's clear things have to change.

I hear what you say about walking away and believe me it's been considered but some of the feeling amongst the group will still be here when RD's gone and still want a fanbase here for whoever succeeds RD.
  • Options
    I seem to remember a large number of people pledging to renew if Roland effed off (think this was conditional on Oyston family et al not being new owner)

Admittedly even if it were 2000 people at and everage of £300 each this would be less than 2/3 of nick Pope.

• Options

Nug said:

seth plum said:

My own opinion is big change is needed at the club from top to bottom and it's clear lots of mistakes have been made and continue to be made. I look at the whole setup of the club and it resembles nothing like the club that was in place pre-season 2011/12 at present i'd say we'd probably finish just about top half so long as Ajose stays fit and scores 20+ goals. But it's not just about results, i'm not sure anybody intentionally sets out to manage the club in a destructive manner but it's clear things have to change.

I hear what you say about walking away and believe me it's been considered but some of the feeling amongst the group will still be here when RD's gone and still want a fanbase here for whoever succeeds RD.
    So with your final paragraph, target 20k can walk away now then knock on the door again when the Belgians go.
  • Options

Nug said:

seth plum said:

Thanks. Personally I don't agree that you are representing the fans anymore and are actually giving this regime "oxygen" but I appreciate you answering.
  • Options
    I suppose nothing happened at this meeting last Monday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

SSHH, it was a need to know meeting
  • Options
    Word has it, Big Tone has been sent to Lazio on a fact finding mission to discover what their secret is to selling S/T's.
  • Options
    So did we have any fans representing fans at a bloody fans forum on Monday!!!!
  • Options
    The Target 20K group can't even find enough members to fill its group,
    never mind the Valley on a Saturday.

• Options

So did we have any fans representing fans at a bloody fans forum on Monday!!!!

Yeah of course, the same ones who the Douchbag met on his last visit :smirk:
  • Options
    ross1 said:

seth plum said:

SSHH, it was a need to know meeting
    You mean like the East Kent Addicks?

:wink:
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

I doubt Target 20k will be there as they announced on Twitter recently they need to remain anonymous. Can't have names on minutes!

NEED to remain anonymous? Wow. In fairness I suppose they do, or the men in white suits would be coming to take them away.