Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

April Fans Forum - MINUTES ON PAGE 11

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Just another highlight for me:

Dazzler21 said:

Chizz said:

Dazzler21 said:

(ed. this time Roland Rant and it's a cracker)

Is this insinuating Roland wrote it because I'm certain he did not.

Hey @Dazzler21 what makes you certain it was not written by him? As other posters have said, there's good evidence that it was, so it would be interesting to know why you suggest he didn't. Do you have some inside knowledge to spill?
    I am certain it was written by Meire, probably with Roland's approval. It reads exactly as she speaks.
    I do not think he would be going over and over the 'weird' point.
    It's all a bit weird.

It was drafted by the senior management team and Mr Duchatalet had his input.

Thanks for proving me right.
    Except it wasn't, and it was eyewitnessed as being RD's statement.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

I fail to see any point whatsoever in these meetings. We know that the higher echelons of the club are staffed by lying incompents. Neither Katrien or, more importantly, Roland are going to change or be swayed by reason. These meetings allow them to say them to say that the club meets fans and listens to them. We should operate a policy of no cooperation and no discussion at all with this bunch of scum.

Strikes me if nothing else there's entertainment value.

Rope. Hang. Self.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

After going over those minutes again it appears that the rumour that I heard a few weeks ago is true regarding the make up of the SMT. If we cast our mind back over the past several years, club stalwart Mick Everett appears to not be on that list anymore - despite him being on it under Peter Varney's tenure.

Maybe Tony the Testicle is trying to force out even more people and could he even have an eye on the CEO's position, especially after keep giving KM bad advice.......

the last thing she wants is someone who understands and cares about the club giving her advice

• Options
    Tony Bollock has made sure he's not there.

He talks to 'the enemy' after all
  • Options
    She has responded so positively that it makes me think they really are selling and will say anything to keep us at arms length.

"Business as normal" seems to be the message with the added reassurance that the SMT have learned from their mistakes (where have I heard that before?) and will improve. The future is bright, the future is................the same.

This is so depressing. I can't see any hope for us in League 1 with these jokers still onboard. Roland will continue to operate on a shoestring budget and continue to believe every word Daisy tells him so that she keeps her cushy job.

A dangerous gamble for a boss to take is to give a manager full control over part of the business empire and trust them so implicitly that no rigorous checks are in place to capture their actual performance. I mean, things could go horribly wrong couldn't they?

Caution:- There are devious people out there who would take full advantage of that senario.
  • Options

The line that leaps out for me is 'The owner assessed the season last week and changes will be made'.

I am assuming she gave a very long winded waffling answer which the minute taker could not follow so summarised it with that line

The first change, should have been her out!.
    I would think most of our budget, goes on paying up player contracts of the complete rubbish, that those bloody idiots sent us.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

shirty5 said:

Essex_Al said:

Elfsborg!

Ideal man to take over from Sid Cartwright?

Who is Sid Cartwright?
    I thought it was Ian Cheesewright.
    Whatever his bloody name is, with your away travel knowledge you'd be an ideal candidate!

And it would give you the opportunity to get close to your favourite lady!
  • Options

obviously Mr. Duchatelet seeks success on the pitch

hmm yes obviously

• Options
    Assessed the season.
    A recent assessment of the state of play resulted in the owner telling us that fans want the club to fail.
    I am not holding out much hope for the assessment of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's gone beyond the joke and now and I feel it pointless to quote her on all the crap she says.
    Her true intentions are a mystery but every time she speaks she's digging a bigger hole for herself in terms of lies and the fans perception of her.

She's obviously still being overly cautious and attempting to shut everything and every accusation down. It's lies and cover up. The swift quick easy thing to do rather than be honest.

Also being overly cautious in the sense by saying that she doesn't want to raise expectations. I don't know if she prepared that answer at home or if she's just stupid on the spot and got a bit nervous or if she really doesn't care if many season tickets are being sold or...

if Roland has told her "We won't be pushing for promotion next season".

^ It, I am sure, is that one.

At least to Meires credit she knows we won't get promoted so is in fact giving everyone a bit of a general warning that we will not be making promotion a priority. Don't waste your time thinking we will be back in the championship next season. We will just be sitting in league one for quite some time.

To be honest I don't think even if she sold the idea that we was going all out to get back in the championship, that it would make any difference whatsoever on Season ticket sales.

• Options
    garfield said:

To my knowledge Mick Everett has sat on the SMT under Peter Varney, Steve Waggott, Steve Kavanagh and even the wonderful triumvate led by Prothero, he is vastly experienced in all aspects of the running of the club and fully understands the supporters of the club and their unique ( not weird ) relationship with their club.
    If he no longer sits on the SMT it may well explain an awful lot as to how the club is currently running especially in the way that the fans are being marginalised.

Noticeable by his absence - particularly as he was 'compere' at the last FF.
  • Options
    The top 6 budget is what interests me.

current attendance levels will get us into the top 6 but not sure that will be the case next year. I suspect some of our running costs are higher and we aren't great on the corporate side.

Maybe old 'huh' is going to make a cash equity injection rather than a loan...... Yer right.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

shirty5 said:

Essex_Al said:

Elfsborg!

Ideal man to take over from Sid Cartwright?

Who is Sid Cartwright?
    I thought it was Ian Cheesewright.
    Whatever his bloody name is, with your away travel knowledge you'd be an ideal candidate!

And it would give you the opportunity to get close to your favourite lady!
    I'd rather buy the first round!
  • Options
    I felt somewhat uncomfortable hearing that last w/e fans knocked on her parents door, now I hope they find her siblings, cousins and extended family to pass the KM story onto.
  • Options
    I am left with the impression she simply makes things up as she goes along. Some of the answers sound plausible unless you look at what has been happening. We have to make her role at the club impossible.

• Options
    Having just read those minutes through I am bereft of words, never, ever have I come across such a complete group of incompetent baffoons...there really is no option to selling up, and soon!
  • Options
    Didn't the relegation statement last week say we are going all out for promotion? I'm confused.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HandG said:

Didn't the relegation statement last week say we are going all out for promotion? I'm confused.....

"Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship."
  • Options
    KM said that the Olympic Park should be a ground-share between WHU and another club (not Charlton).

For me, this is a clear indication that RD wants us to share with WHU.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Depressing.
  • Options
    She ain't got a clue,
    She ain't got a cluuuueee,
    Katrien Mare,
    She ain't got a clue,
  • Options

KM said that the Olympic Park should be a ground-share between WHU and another club (not Charlton).

For me, this is a clear indication that RD wants us to share with WHU.

Don't worry, it's impossible. No other football club can in reality share with West Ham, the contract has seen to that. The Coalition will shortly make that clear.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    It is really saying something when you don't want to raise expectations from what currently is an entirely negative position! You would have thought raising expectations ought to be a priority right now!
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Expectations?!?! We are Charlton Athletic - not Mansfield fucking Town.

Except they want us to be like Mansfield Town so the football world ignores what they're doing to us.
  • Options

LOL don't even know where to begin! Up up point no. 7 so we can see where that arse licking has gotten Mandy - now considered part of the senior management team! FFS hahaha

Typist