Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

April Fans Forum - MINUTES ON PAGE 11

Comments

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Will the SMT be taking pay cuts due to relegation?

I didn't think she got paid!
  • Options
    Is the "build a squad like Chris Powell" Quote from KM there.
  • Options
    Elfsborg!

Ideal man to take over from Sid Cartwright?

• Options
    Wow

So thats an aim of mid table league 1 obscurity lined up for next season then.

They should be hyping up next season that promotion is the only option, nothing else. Then i might just think "maybe they wont hire a manager who learnt about football management at the local library".

'Mad professor' and 'unnecessary relegation' actually sum up everything Charlton related for me at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

The final thing she says, on the Olympic Stadium, seems a very different stance to the one that I seem to remember her originally taking.

That's because it is:
    newsshopper.co.uk/sport/13876484.Charlton_chief_unfazed_by_Hammers_Olympic_move/
    Thanks - I was trying to find the original quotes. Would love to ask her what's changed her mind, if she feels she was wrong to be so dismissive initially and if she now wishes she'd been more supportive of the work @PragueAddick and the Trust were doing to highlight the outrage which is that bloody lease agreement.
  • Options
    Whoever wrote those minutes can't be a fan of Miere or the mad professor.
  • Options

Thanks. Interesting it is an ankle injury for Solly when @NWCorner said a couple of days ago that it was his knee.

When you remember the "medical team" arguing among themselves whether Vetokele was fit to play or not at the beginning of the season, it wouldn't be a surprise to me if they couldn't tell his ankle from his knee.

That will explain the introduction of the NHS medical centre then
  • Options
    Apart from having a fans forum and clearly telling fans demonstrable lies, we have the notion that they can learn from mistakes in order to be 'competitive' in the third division.
    They have destroyed this club, the decisions and actions they make in the future are still going to be made by these same morons. Arrogance and the abuse of power is what sings to me from what they're putting out. Very much the same stuff Belgiumbun and that other one was spouting a couple of weeks ago.
    They are clearly intent on riding this season out and going again, still saying that a turn around in results will restore the feel good thing. Except we will only be back where we started.
    The special offer Is 50p each or a two for a quid deal.
  • Options
    CP: Why are so many leaving?

KM: It is normal when a club is relegated that people look for positions elsewhere.

Bullshit answer.

CL: Will the club be embarking on the same recruitment strategy or is owner prepared to change? If he carries on, one thing will happen.

KM: We will learn from mistakes.

IW:It was a completely unnecessary relegation. Squad we have shouldn't be relegated. Poor planning at start of season, preference for unfamiliar players, changes of managers are the cause. Are we really learning from it?

KM:The owner assessed the season last week and changes will be made

That's a no then.

IW: The club should talk up promotion. We want to see ambition, and saying we want a "competitive" team is not s ending the right message.

KM: We don't want to build up expectations. Will have one of top six budgets in League 1. Hopefully on the back of a successful season, we can rebuild.
    Missing the point, promotion can be your goal no matter your budgets

• Options
    se9addick said:

Katrien Meire "it is normal when a club is relegated that people look for positions elsewhere"

Yes Katrien, it is, off you pop.

They both left before we were down one less than a month into his job the other just over a month

Surely its the way the club is run is the reason they left

Her replies are shocking on most things im only on point 8
  • Options

KM: It is normal when a club is relegated that people look for positions elsewhere.

How does she know that? How many relegated football clubs has she been in charge of? When we got relegated to League 1 last time, we were still having bigger crowds than we were this season, so there was no real reason for staff to look for alternative jobs, because most of them were still needed! The resignations in question also took place before we were relegated.......? how does she answer that?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    braydex said:

How does she know that? How many relegated football clubs has she been in charge of? When we got relegated to League 1 last time, we were still having bigger crowds than we were this season, so there was no real reason for staff to look for alternative jobs, because most of them were still needed! The resignations in question also took place before we were relegated.......? how does she answer that?

When we were relegated before the parachute money expired and because of relegation Charlton also missed out on the TV/solidarity money Championship clubs get as an alternative, so there was a massive fall in income and a significant programme of redundancies. The fall this time is steep, but probably not quite as steep as last time. However, I agree the issue here is resignations, before the event. The staffing is also considerably lower than it was in 2008/09.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry - to many bullshit answers there for me, especially "We will learn from the mistakes" line. Why don't they clarify there mistakes and tell was they will do to rectify them?? We all know why they won't though.
  • Options
    What is the point of these meetings & what has been achieved ?
  • Options
    The old Eagles classic, the lyrics were never more apt

*City girls just seem to find out early
    How to open doors with just a smile
    A rich old man and she won't have to worry
    She'll dress up all in lace and go in style.

Late at night a big old house gets lonely
    I guess ev'ry form of refuge has its price
    And it breaks her heart to think her love is only
    Given to a man with hands as cold as ice.

So she tells him she must go out for the evening
    To comfort an old friend who's feelin' down
    But he knows where she's goin' as she's leavin'
    She is headed for the cheatin' side of town.

You can't hide your lyin' eyes
    And your smile is a thin disguise
    I thought by now you'd realize
    There ain't no way to hide your lyin eyes.*
  • Options
    My interpretation of this is that protestors will need to review strategy.
    Let's get the Elephant in the Room dealt with first.
    If we start next season with, say, 25 points from the first 30 then attendances will strengthen a little, and everything in the garden will be painted as rosy.
    We have to be prepared to deal with such impetus, especially when numbers of activists might lessen.
    For me it means we have to shift to a more forensic and attritional campaign in the summer, and for next season the club needs to be put to huge expense in trying to deal with protests.
    The action to cost relationship can be used.
    Even a crowd of thirty outside the West Stand entrance will mean extra expense in security (they respect our right to protest), and we must especially consider the Sparrows Lane opportunities to cause expense to this regime.
    The scant media attention we do get has to be exploited in our favour, and we need to be relentless in pursuit of those evil ones who work for the club, let it not only be relegation that encourages people to leave.
    I suspect there may be dawn arrests next week prior to the Burnley game, and Keohane wants to identify and ban supporters anyway. Keohane must be loving the power play and Drama of all this, he was previously in catering, so being in this war is a step up from making sandwiches.
  • Options
    We really are screwed arn't we.
  • Options
    The stubbornness is astounding from these clowns. They simply think they can just make it all better. It's beyond that, WAY beyond that! Only them selling up will resolve this.

And what a crap answer about season ticket sales. Above target my arse!