Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

April Fans Forum - MINUTES ON PAGE 11

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Until I have proof otherwise, I believe these bowls of steaming vomit who run our club tried to get rid of Chris Solly, CHRIS SOLLY, on loan to Gillingham behind his back.

But isn't the reality of modern football in any club that many player moves are not always initiated by the player? Agents notoriously do this and likewise managers / coaches who determine a player no longer fits. And in this day and age that extends to Board / senior management.

My point is that it isn't great but it's not unique to Charlton and this regime.

If this rumour has any substance the good news is that the player chose not to go and stick with us. That's a powerful message both to management and the fans.

Seeing as how he said no, it is unlikely to have been initiated by Chris.

Seeing as how it would mean a drop in the level he was playing football it does not seem credible that his agent would see it as in the best interests of Chris, and would've been unlikely to do it behind his back. indeed the agent would be likely to tell Chris in advance because he would have to persuade him how a drop in football level would be better in the long run.

It is the board/management who are the most likely to operate behind Solly's back because of the way they run things.

If players all around football are out of the loop about their playing careers I think we would hear about more examples, but there are probably some examples out there.

If this story is true, notwithstanding whether everybody does it or not, then it still stinks to me. Indeed when you say it goes on everywhere it the story seem more likely to be true, not less.
    Didn't say it wasn't true - I don't know one way or the other.

I didn't suggest it is rampant in football just that it's not unheard of.

But above all is the player seemingly chose to make a stand. This response is important to fans to appreciate and also for management to digest.
  • Options

Is there somewhere we can see the minutes of the meeting?

I understand that they are currently with KM for her perusal and should be released for general viewing later today.

Have I missed them?? Perhaps Meire is doing a marathon editing job on them first.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I don't think the issue is how football operates, it's the idea that the priority was to get Solly off the wage bill given the club's situation and that he would be likely to join a League One outfit (if Gillingham is accurate) in order the club could do this (see also Morrison, Wiggins, Vetokele, Watt etc).

But that is hardly news or a surprise with this regime. I am sure RD is on record with his thoughts on the overall squad size and therefore if we were bringing in players it was not surprising they were looking to loan out others at the same time.

The apparent understanding of the right combination of players to keep is a football judgement which the collective management team I.e. Football staff and back office staff just don't seem to have.
  • Options
    Has Katrien finished editing them yet?
  • Options

Have I missed them?? Perhaps Meire is doing a marathon editing job on them first.

It will end up like a badly dubbed film where the audio track "Katrien, why are you so successful and so adored by the fans" doesn't quite match the lip movements of the person speaking. And that takes time. Give her a break.

• Options

Can anyone put together a short montage from the videoed meeting to a soundtrack of Elvis singing "Suspicious Minds"?

For no particular reason, other than it would amuse me (and I'm technologically illiterate).

I was going to suggest a song with "Lies" in the title, but was worried that I'd recommend either McFly, The Thompson Twins or Jonathan Butler songs; and knowing those kinds of songs would just make me look so desperately uncool. So, it's a relief that I don't....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNjRFpwWGfw
  • Options

Has Katrien finished editing them yet?

She is running them by cabbles to proof read. A decision will be made tonight over dinner
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is KM rewriting them or something? I thought it just needed accuracy checking a few days ago. And KM is the last person you would want to do that all things considered!
  • Options

Ben18 said:

Well, back from Dartford and no need for the champagne. A hot cup of tea is more welcome anyway. It was freezing cold. Having read the comments since I posted earlier, I am now unsure whether it was Solly's knee or ankle. I may have remembered it wrong, but either way the point is he was injured and not dropped. I specifically asked if he had been dropped for non footballing reasons and this was emphatically denied.

On the question of videoing the meeting, we were told that this had been a one off experiment. In fairness, I believe that one or two people were less than happy about being filmed so that may have affected the decision.

Tony and Katrien?
    Mandy I reckon, she caught a lot of (deserved) flack for her performance.
    She complained the camera made her look fat
    That's just out of order!

EVERYONE knows she is big boned and not FAT!

And I would like to just add that Katrien Said she was the most beautiful woman she had ever met! so take that you rude pig! Katrien is renowned to tell the truth!
  • Options
    Meeting on Monday, now Thursday and all that needs to happen is they're signed off.
    Do they do any work?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Meeting on Monday, now Thursday and all that needs to happen is they're signed off.
    Do they do any work?

To busy shutting then not shutting stands..
  • Options
    Oakster said:

MrLargo said:

Anyone?! Any updates at all? Nope

- Katrien announced that Napalm Death, Slayer and Cannibal Corpse will be playing in Crossbars before and after the Burnley game. Cannibal Corpse have also agreed to play at the Junior Reds' end of season party.
    Happy days!

A set list including Suffer The Children, Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy should get the day off to a ripping start.
    I'd have thought Napalm Death opening with Scum would have been more appropriate.
    It's just a shame GG Allin "retired" a few years ago - he would be lovely Croasbars pre-game entertainment
    Unfit Earth by Napalm Death followed GG Allin taking a shit on the carpet. That will pull the punters in.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Altogether now "Why Are We Waiting................"
  • Options

The problem is now that nobody believes them even if they do tell the truth - like the boy who cried wolf

Or girl.
    Boy who cried girl?
  • Options

I was going to suggest a song with "Lies" in the title, but was worried that I'd recommend either McFly, The Thompson Twins or Jonathan Butler songs; and knowing those kinds of songs would just make me look so desperately uncool. So, it's a relief that I don't....

Little Lies by Fleetwood Mac?

• Options
    So the simple act of signing off some minutes has now taken 4 days.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    They won't be released for another 10 days yet until this annus horribilis has ended and those nasty protesting customers have gone on their summer holidays.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

They won't be released for another 10 days yet until this anus horribilis has ended and those nasty protesting customers have gone on their summer holidays.

Annus horribilis, surely?

Though, actually, this season does meet the description of horrible arse.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

RedChaser said:

They won't be released for another 10 days yet until this anus horribilis has ended and those nasty protesting customers have gone on their summer holidays.

Annus horribilis, surely?

Though, actually, this season does meet the description of horrible arse.
    That's what I said diddle I? Oops you was a bit too quick for me there mate :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

They won't be released for another 10 days yet until this annus horribilis has ended and those nasty protesting customers have gone on their summer holidays.

Never read/heard Meire called that before, but it could be a winner
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Ben18 said:

Well, back from Dartford and no need for the champagne. A hot cup of tea is more welcome anyway. It was freezing cold. Having read the comments since I posted earlier, I am now unsure whether it was Solly's knee or ankle. I may have remembered it wrong, but either way the point is he was injured and not dropped. I specifically asked if he had been dropped for non footballing reasons and this was emphatically denied.

On the question of videoing the meeting, we were told that this had been a one off experiment. In fairness, I believe that one or two people were less than happy about being filmed so that may have affected the decision.

Tony and Katrien?
    Mandy I reckon, she caught a lot of (deserved) flack for her performance.
    She complained the camera made her look fat
    That's just out of order!

EVERYONE knows she is big boned and not FAT!

And I would like to just add that Katrien Said she was the most beautiful woman she had ever met! so take that you rude pig! Katrien is renowned to tell the truth!
    Katrien also pointed out that she is extremely light on her feet.