Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

April Fans Forum - MINUTES ON PAGE 11

Comments

• Options
    TEL said:

shirty5 said:

Like CARD and the Trust it's time in my opinion to politely tell the club that we will not be attending any more arranged meetings whilst Duchaletet and Meire are still at the football club.

That includes the Fans Forum, Target 20,000 and Valley Gold (Meire is on that committee).

Respect and no offence to everyone who keeps up their time and evenings to attend, but the woman is not to be trusted and has once again has told more lies, this time with no filming of Monday's meeting.

But this all adds fuel to the fire mate, they are the board that keeps on giving....would you prefer stone wall silence? Think about it.
    I have thought about it, sadly for too bloody long. As I said it's my opinion.
  • Options
    So, there was a meeting then?

Who went? What was said and are there any minutes?

Or have I just missed all of that?
  • Options
    didn't the story come from Solly himself? Or have I misunderstood?
  • Options
    Maybe he dreamed it?
  • Options
    I believe that Solly is currently injured and that him not playing on Saturday is a result of that. I also believe that they had been touting him around leading to a planned loan to Gillingham which he rejected point blank.

Would be interesting to know what was denied last night, because there are two separate things here.
  • Options
    I interpreted the reason why this meeting is no longer videoed is because a couple of the fans did not want to be filmed (and not the regime members or CAFC staff)?
  • Options
    Disagree. Everything comes to an end eventually.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm glad it wasn't filmed as I might have wasted my time watching it. It would only have made me angry or bored - and most likely both!
  • Options
    Is there somewhere we can see the minutes of the meeting?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I thought I read a post from Killerjerrylee that they would be posted once they had been hygened vetted by the regime.

Edit; that is my brain working overtime here's what he actually said;

'I attended the Fans Forum Meeting last night as representative of Bromley Addicks for whom I am Chairman. Until we arrived at the Valley we were unaware that the proceedings were not being videoed. Minutes were however taken and have already been written up and are being checked for accuracy so you should not have long to wait to read the gory details. For the record, the agenda is set by the Fans Representatives and not the club. Those attending the Meeting are all representing some Supporters Group or the Coach travellers, CADSA, etc.'
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I thought I read a post from Killerjerrylee that they would be posted once they had been hygened vetted by the regime.

'I attended the Fans Forum Meeting last night as representative of Bromley Addicks for whom I am Chairman. Until we arrived at the Valley we were unaware that the proceedings were not being videoed. Minutes were however taken and have already been written up and are being checked for accuracy so you should not have long to wait to read the gory details. For the record, the agenda is set by the Fans Representatives and not the club. Those attending the Meeting are all representing some Supporters Group or the Coach travellers, CADSA, etc.'
    Ah - it was just that Tel mentioned seeing them already, but I realise that he is part of the FF, so presumably gets to see them before publication. Thanks for the info RC.
  • Options

I understand that they are currently with KM for her perusal and should be released for general viewing later today.

We are fortunate this is her day in the office this week or we'd face a much longer wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

Ah - it was just that Tel mentioned seeing them already, but I realise that he is part of the FF, so presumably gets to see them before publication. Thanks for the info RC.
    Yeah Ive read the unedited version a few times now. It makes for interesting reading, but remains to be seen what will get published officially. I will however clarify that I dont take an active part in the FF due to the distances involved ( I think the club wanted to maintain an international presence with both Swedish Addick and myself) but should anyone want me to funnel questions through Im happy to do so. There is already more than adequate representation here with Killerjerrylee and Rikofld who both do a great job of putting forward those awkward questions. Next meeting I think is July 18th.
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

Don't they normally put a hold on out-of-meeting comments until the minutes have been agreed?

Katrien committed at the Nov Fans' meeting that in future the FF would be on video. The last one was.

Remember why she's called Pinocchio.

I understand that they are currently with KM for her perusal and should be released for general viewing later today.

Dotting the i's & crossing the t's no doubt !!
  • Options
    Sam lloyd said:

Pedro45 said:

Don't they normally put a hold on out-of-meeting comments until the minutes have been agreed?

Katrien committed at the Nov Fans' meeting that in future the FF would be on video. The last one was.

Remember why she's called Pinocchio.

Dotting the i's & crossing the t's no doubt !!
    More like crossing the I's and dotting the t's.....
  • Options

oh is Wednesday one of her working days?
    Yes, but not every Wednesday.....
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

oh is Wednesday one of her working days?
    Yes, but not every Wednesday.....
    And is she actually in work or just on the phone? And is just morning or all day on the phone? Come to think of it, has she let out her front room to the Belgian Health Service too?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Until I have proof otherwise, I believe these bowls of steaming vomit who run our club tried to get rid of Chris Solly, CHRIS SOLLY, on loan to Gillingham behind his back.

But isn't the reality of modern football in any club that many player moves are not always initiated by the player? Agents notoriously do this and likewise managers / coaches who determine a player no longer fits. And in this day and age that extends to Board / senior management.

My point is that it isn't great but it's not unique to Charlton and this regime.

If this rumour has any substance the good news is that the player chose not to go and stick with us. That's a powerful message both to management and the fans.

• Options
    Can anyone put together a short montage from the videoed meeting to a soundtrack of Elvis singing "Suspicious Minds"?

For no particular reason, other than it would amuse me (and I'm technologically illiterate).

I was going to suggest a song with "Lies" in the title, but was worried that I'd recommend either McFly, The Thompson Twins or Jonathan Butler songs; and knowing those kinds of songs would just make me look so desperately uncool. So, it's a relief that I don't....
  • Options

seth plum said:

Until I have proof otherwise, I believe these bowls of steaming vomit who run our club tried to get rid of Chris Solly, CHRIS SOLLY, on loan to Gillingham behind his back.

But isn't the reality of modern football in any club that many player moves are not always initiated by the player? Agents notoriously do this and likewise managers / coaches who determine a player no longer fits. And in this day and age that extends to Board / senior management.

My point is that it isn't great but it's not unique to Charlton and this regime.

If this rumour has any substance the good news is that the player chose not to go and stick with us. That's a powerful message both to management and the fans.

Seeing as how he said no, it is unlikely to have been initiated by Chris.

Seeing as how it would mean a drop in the level he was playing football it does not seem credible that his agent would see it as in the best interests of Chris, and would've been unlikely to do it behind his back. indeed the agent would be likely to tell Chris in advance because he would have to persuade him how a drop in football level would be better in the long run.

It is the board/management who are the most likely to operate behind Solly's back because of the way they run things.

If players all around football are out of the loop about their playing careers I think we would hear about more examples, but there are probably some examples out there.

If this story is true, notwithstanding whether everybody does it or not, then it still stinks to me. Indeed when you say it goes on everywhere it makes the story seem more likely to be true, not less.