Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

April Fans Forum - MINUTES ON PAGE 11

Comments

• Options
    Wouldn't expect John Bennett to say boo to a goose. Represents Valley Express bur lets the coach hr travels on regularly carry away fans despite it being against Valley Express rules. I wonder why?
  • Options

Solidgone said:

If we don't know the names of those selected to attend the fans forum, how do fans put ideas forward for the forum to be discussed?

on the OS with emails http://www.cafc.co.uk/fans/fans_forum/

Although I think the reps should be more pro-active is seeking views and suggestions than they appear to be.
    Reading the contents of the link, and NO disrespect to the representatives, but thanks to the regime, the Fans Forum doesn't appear to be fit for purpose.
  • Options

How many of those members are on Charlton Life? If none, or the few that are don't attend, then you won't get an update.

Should message boards be represented, as these are essentially Fan Groups?

But not organised ones. Quite the opposite (and some more than others).
  • Options

Wouldn't expect John Bennett to say boo to a goose. Represents Valley Express bur lets the coach hr travels on regularly carry away fans despite it being against Valley Express rules. I wonder why?

This rule was interpreted flexibly in the past. No need to dig out John.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Off_it said:

This would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic. A Fans Forum meeting that the fans have no clue about.

So, just WHO was there?

A Fans' Forum which hand picks fans who line up to praise the regime, with minutes released as soon as Meire has approved them and redacted anything remotely critical? Still, she can tell the media she met with two different sets of fans yesterday and won at least one them, representing almost all the entire customer base, over with her charm and business acumen.
    @PragueAddick job for you there mate!! :wink:
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Anyone?! Any updates at all? Nope

- Katrien announced that Napalm Death, Slayer and Cannibal Corpse will be playing in Crossbars before and after the Burnley game. Cannibal Corpse have also agreed to play at the Junior Reds' end of season party.
    Happy days!

A set list including Suffer The Children, Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy should get the day off to a ripping start.
  • Options

This rule was interpreted flexibly in the past. No need to dig out John.
    well the rules say no away supporters.
  • Options

rikofold said:

The minutes are in draft form so hopefully will be shared quickly.

However I understand that last night's meeting was not videoed and the club has decided not to do so again.

Not exactly surprised by this. It just adds to my distrust of the club management.
    They are indeed the board that just keeps on giving
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Off_it said:

This would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic. A Fans Forum meeting that the fans have no clue about.

So, just WHO was there?

A Fans' Forum which hand picks fans who line up to praise the regime, with minutes released as soon as Meire has approved them and redacted anything remotely critical? Still, she can tell the media she met with two different sets of fans yesterday and won at least one them, representing almost all the entire customer base, over with her charm and business acumen.
    Couldnt be further from the truth really. If the minutes get redacted/sanitized then there will be a dozen or so members who will know what was left out including those who no longer attend including the Trust. And as for lining up to praise the regime.....really? :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrLargo said:

- Katrien announced that Napalm Death, Slayer and Cannibal Corpse will be playing in Crossbars before and after the Burnley game. Cannibal Corpse have also agreed to play at the Junior Reds' end of season party.
    Happy days!

A set list including Suffer The Children, Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy should get the day off to a ripping start.
    I'd have thought Napalm Death opening with Scum would have been more appropriate.
  • Options
    The non vid really goes along with KMs relegation statement...
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Happy days!

I'd have thought Napalm Death opening with Scum would have been more appropriate.
    It's just a shame GG Allin "retired" a few years ago - he would be lovely Croasbars pre-game entertainment
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I agree with most of what Henry says, but as I stated a few pages ago on the description of the group

"the forum is reliant upon input from supporters, whether that is raising issues which affect them or suggesting solutions and ideas. As such, we would like to hear from you."

We got a huge range of supporters, groups etc on here, has a single person amongst us seen any indication of someone attending this tonight, and them seeking views, questions to raise, stance to take etc?

--

It seems a couple of people may know someone who might have been there. But if you were attending this group to represent supporter views, particularly at this crucial time, you'd surely be making efforts to get out there, ask the questions of what people want to be raised. I haven't seen a single bit of evidence of that, so that is why I was asking if anyone from any of the groups that these people 'represent', were reached out to in that way?

if not, I really don't see the point of it as it is effectively the club setting the agenda.

A good point re the people attending representing their members. Did anyone get asked?

We all know it's a farce by now, but at least ask if anyone wants a question raised.
  • Options
    If it's a routine meeting about practical matters (rather than the regime), why do so many of the management team attend? Has it always been this way?
  • Options

If it's a routine meeting about practical matters (rather than the regime), why do so many of the management team attend? Has it always been this way?

Because they get to bully a few supporters in front if Eva Braun which doesn't go unnoticed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

I attended the Fans Forum Meeting last night as representative of Bromley Addicks for whom I am Chairman. Until we arrived at the Valley we were unaware that the proceedings were not being videoed. Minutes were however taken and have already been written up and are being checked for accuracy so you should not have long to wait to read the gory details. For the record, the agenda is set by the Fans Representatives and not the club. Those attending the Meeting are all representing some Supporters Group or the Coach travellers, CADSA, etc.

I have been to every Fans Forum Meeting since Rick Everitt reconstituted it 6 years ago and to be honest it is rarely at the cutting edge of the big decisions. That was not what it was meant for, rather to deal with away travel issues, problems with the turnstiles (as discussed last night) and such routine matters as that. This season we have managed to persuade the club to change the Big Screen back to show the teams rather than endless replays of things we have all just watched, and a few years ago it was my idea to copy Bournemouth and display the murals of old players on the walls outside the ground. The Fans Forum just gives us a voice where otherwise we would not have one.

It is only in these troubled times that there is suddenly a great deal of interest in the Meetings but I am sure those who watched the video of the previous one will agree, it is not that exciting. Yes, of course we try to raise the big issues but rarely get more than the expected answers. I did get an official denial of the Chris Solly story last night. He had an ankle injury and was not dropped at all. Whether you choose to believe that is up to you , but that was the answer to my question.

I am off to Dartford in a few minutes but hope this gives some explanation to those who think the Fans Forum is a secret society . When I return after hopefully seeing our boys lift the cup, I will try and answer any questions if I am not too drunk with the celebratory champagne.

Did they explain why it was not being recorded as the CEO had publicly announced previously it would be?
    Might be worth an email to the supporters relation team.
  • Options
    For anyone who's good at taking out a short part of the You Tube version of the last fans forum the lies (the ones about putting videos up) is at 57 minutes in - we want more direct communication blah blah blah
  • Options
    Thanks. Interesting it is an ankle injury for Solly when @NWCorner said a couple of days ago that it was his knee.
  • Options

Thanks. Interesting it is an ankle injury for Solly when @NWCorner said a couple of days ago that it was his knee.

When you remember the "medical team" arguing among themselves whether Vetokele was fit to play or not at the beginning of the season, it wouldn't be a surprise to me if they couldn't tell his ankle from his knee.

• Options
    Joking aside whether it was a knee or ankle injury is the sort of detail that easily gets misreported due to the chinese whispers effect.
  • Options
    Forgive me for being a little cynical but what were Hendo's various injuries again?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I think he injured his arse, and his elbow. Before then his pride and self esteem got in the way of a full recovery to a first team place as directed by our favourite team pop pickers Roland and Katrien.

Being unencumbered by the inconvenience of knowing any facts I'm prepared to assert that Riga tried to get some grip on player selection and failed.