Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

April Fans Forum - MINUTES ON PAGE 11

Comments

• Options

HarryLime said:

Ask why they feel it is necessary to lock the gates of the Valley, whenever RD visits.

Ask her if she understands the historic connotations that action alone carries.
    She doesn't care about the history of the club so she would never ever come close to understanding this or seemingly anything else connected with Charlton other than a stubborn willingness to continue on her own misguided path oblivious to the enormous damage she has inflicted across all areas of the Club.
  • Options

sm said:

A serious breach of the Companies Act 2006 would mean failure of the fit and proper test if the Football League were to follow its own rules

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/appendix3.aspx

Remember they got Al Capone for tax evasion.

I'm happy to defer to anyone with professional knowledge on this, and I have been working with others with that background. That was the source of the related party transaction comment.

There are also questions about potential benefits being received by Meire such as accommodation costs and whether these are being declared for tax purposes. I don't really care what she is being paid, but I want to discover if what is being done to remunerate her is lawful and whether it complies with FFP rules.
    Something for Mark Kleinman & the guys at CityAM to have a look at?
  • Options
    sm said:

sm said:

Ask why Katrien's salary is not declared in the club's statutory accounts in contravention of UK Company Law - as a lawyer KM deserves at least one question in her area of expertise.!

Or as a related party transaction if paid elsewhere. And why much of the interest charged to Baton is not shown as interest in the CAFC Limited accounts.

Are these amounts included in the FFP submission to the League or is the club concealing them from the League and if so how can this be justified?

Questions for you, David Joyes, and we'll keep on asking them.

sm said:

Ask why Katrien's salary is not declared in the club's statutory accounts in contravention of UK Company Law - as a lawyer KM deserves at least one question in her area of expertise.!

Or as a related party transaction if paid elsewhere. And why much of the interest charged to Baton is not shown as interest in the CAFC Limited accounts.

Are these amounts included in the FFP submission to the League or is the club concealing them from the League and if so how can this be justified?

Questions for you, David Joyes, and we'll keep on asking them.
    No even if the emoluments are paid elsewhere and one of the directors (RD/KM) knows the details then it has to be disclosed under the Companies Acts requirements - directors deliberately concealing information would make the offence even worse - I give relevant details below with the more relevant points highlighted

From Schedule 5 - The Large and Medium-sized Companies and Groups (Accounts and Reports) Regulations 2008

5.—(1) There must be shown the aggregate amount of any consideration paid to or receivable by third parties for making available the services of any person—
    (a)as a director of the company, or
    (b)while director of the company—
    (i)as director of any of its subsidiary undertakings, or
    (ii)otherwise in connection with the management of the affairs of the company or any of its subsidiary undertakings.
    (2) In sub-paragraph (1)—
    (a)the reference to consideration includes benefits otherwise than in cash, and
    (b)in relation to such consideration the reference to its amount is to the estimated money value of the benefit.
    The nature of any such consideration must be disclosed.
    (3) For the purposes of this paragraph a “third party” means a person other than—
    (a)the director himself or a person connected with him or a body corporate controlled by him, or
    (b)the company or any of its subsidiary undertakings.

General nature of obligations
    6.—(1) This Schedule requires information to be given only so far as it is contained in the company’s books and papers or the company has the right to obtain it from the persons concerned.
    (2) For the purposes of this Schedule any information is treated as shown if it is capable of being readily ascertained from other information which is shown.
    Provisions as to amounts to be shown
    7.—(1) The following provisions apply with respect to the amounts to be shown under this Schedule.
    (2) The amount in each case includes all relevant sums, whether paid by or receivable from the company, any of the company’s subsidiary undertakings or any other person.
    (3) References to amounts paid to or receivable by a person include amounts paid to or receivable by a person connected with him or a body corporate controlled by him (but not so as to require an amount to be counted twice).
    (4) Except as otherwise provided, the amounts to be shown for any financial year are—
    (a)the sums receivable in respect of that year (whenever paid), or
    (b)in the case of sums not receivable in respect of a period, the sums paid during that year.
    (5) Sums paid by way of expenses allowance that are charged to United Kingdom income tax after the end of the relevant financial year must be shown in a note to the first accounts in which it is practicable to show them and must be distinguished from the amounts to be shown apart from this provision.
    (6) Where it is necessary to do so for the purpose of making any distinction required in complying with this Schedule, the directors may apportion payments between the matters in respect of which they have been paid or are receivable in such manner as they think appropriate.

Shouldn't someone be told?
  • Options
    My understanding is remuneration for the work she does, regardless as to which company or who's bank account that remuneration comes from MUST be disclosed;

Note: The Act requires all remuneration paid to
    or receivable by directors and prescribed officers to be disclosed. It does not only account for remuneration paid by the company, or another company in the group. Rather, it focuses on the amounts a director or prescribed officer earns for services as a director or prescribed officer (to the company or any other company within the group), or for the carrying on the affairs of the company (or any other company within the group).
  • Options
    Sam lloyd said:

They're coming for you
    They're coming for you
    HMRC are coming for you

Yeah. Like they did for Google.

But a good one.

• Options
    I'm guessing this didn't happen?
  • Options

HarryLime said:

Ask why they feel it is necessary to lock the gates of the Valley, whenever RD visits.

Ask her if she understands the historic connotations that action alone carries.
    This!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How difficult are u-locks to get off? Or heavy chains used to lock up motorbikes with a decent padlock?

Surely you need industrial cutting gear?
  • Options

I'm guessing this didn't happen?

It's all a bit strange. The Trust statement suggested that, as far as they knew, it was happening until yesterday afternoon.
  • Options
    It did happen.

Wasn't there as not a part of it but it did happen and KM was there.
  • Options

How difficult are u-locks to get off? Or heavy chains used to lock up motorbikes with a decent padlock?

Surely you need industrial cutting gear?

Not sure why you are asking, but most padlocks can be opened with a coke can. (See YouTube video for a demonstration.)
  • Options

It did happen.

Any ideas if it was videoed, I could do with a laugh!
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

It did happen.

Don't know as, as said, wasn't there.
  • Options
    Be surprised if it wasn't filmed, I'm sure someone who attended will be along soon.
  • Options
    Have they outnumbered the fans with staff by so many, that no fans were actually invited?
  • Options

It did happen.

Who was there from the fans, Ben?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016

It did happen.

Seriously Red for the Trust

: - )
  • Options

It did happen.

Seriously Red for the Trust
    Ha, ha, ha very funny

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

It did happen.

If Syd was there it will be like a scene from On the Buses.
  • Options
    Whys it called "The fans forum" when no fans were present and hardly anyone knows anything about it and no one will ever speak of it again. Fans...

May as well rename it at least.
  • Options
    Anyone?! Any updates at all? Nope
  • Options
    This would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic. A Fans Forum meeting that the fans have no clue about.

So, just WHO was there?
  • Options
    I emailed the club last night asking when the video of the meeting would be released... I'll post my reply as soon as I get it. Not holding my breath though.