Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

April Fans Forum - MINUTES ON PAGE 11

Comments

• Options
    I'm a very misunderstood person at the best of times @eaststandmike :)
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Katrien is on record at the last fans forum meeting that there are weekly enquiries to buy the club.
    Rolands famous statement says not.

Don't ask for an updated situation report regarding buyers, simply ask Katrien whether we are to believe what she says, or what Roland says when he comes out with the opposite.

Ask why Mel Baroni left after 46 days.

Ask her why decent calm gentle fans like me can't attend football matches at the Valley, without my day being absolutely ruined improved by disruption and protest.

Sorry, had to change that...
  • Options

Mackle said:

I hope a question about the scale of the numbers involved in protests is asked. 5000 people marching at the last match, that's around a quarter of the home support.

Something like "in light of previous comments by the CEO and non-Executive Chairman, does the club still believe that only 2% of fans are dissatisfied and that its down to Internet message boards?"

Agreed but i'd like to think @rikofold and the rest go in a bit harder this time.

It's no longer time to hear what they say, it's time to get rid of them and that message has to be loud and clear.
    Well I won't be there, but the agenda looks interesting so watch this space.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Mackle said:

I hope a question about the scale of the numbers involved in protests is asked. 5000 people marching at the last match, that's around a quarter of the home support.

Something like "in light of previous comments by the CEO and non-Executive Chairman, does the club still believe that only 2% of fans are dissatisfied and that its down to Internet message boards?"

Given attendances of late (actual not season-ticket inflated), I would say 5000 is over half the home crowd.

And most of that home crowd are only turning up to attend the protests.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

kentred2 said:

Expect Miere to come out on front foot this evening after weekend events. Police investigations, bans, disgusting behaviour in west stand, stewards attacked with balloons, threatening behaviour, Sue and Mandy upset, etc etc

Murray will nod.

Setting up the strategy committee announced in November, talking to British football staff, exciting signings in the summer, Roland here for the long term, all decisions correct, setting light to the fans' sofa in the centre circle at the end of the last match . . .
    Katrien in the middle, Dickie on top?

Murray would like to be on top.
  • Options
    Read out Glassfloors comments on management at Melexis (on a previous thread) and then ask if any of these features are common to Charlton - and then watch who smirks among the staff present.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Mackle said:

Agreed but i'd like to think @rikofold and the rest go in a bit harder this time.

It's no longer time to hear what they say, it's time to get rid of them and that message has to be loud and clear.
    Well I won't be there, but the agenda looks interesting so watch this space.
    Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :-(
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Rikofold

Well I won't be there, but the agenda looks interesting so watch this space........

No substitutions? I'm sure you'd only get 500 volunteers!
  • Options
    Seriously who is attending who we can trust to hold her to account or is trust not attending on principle? Either way someone should attend.
  • Options
    Question for KM.
    How many current sponsors have committed to sponsoring the club next season. Have sponsors been easy to come by after such an abysmal
  • Options
    Can someone ask Meire why the board won't appoint an experienced manager/Why Fraeye was appointed? She never gets asked this, and instead has to listen to middle aged men crying "I want my Charlton back" (which means absolutely nothing).

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Is it being live streamed like the previous one?

I asked this question of the rep that deals with the agenda & minutes and 4 days ago he responded that he had asked but no definitive answer had been given thus far...

• Options
    Any chance we can see a copy of the agenda before the meeting?
  • Options
    Given the amount of incompetent staff who attend these meetings should it not be re-named April Fools Forum ? #justasuggestion
  • Options

sm said:

Ask why Katrien's salary is not declared in the club's statutory accounts in contravention of UK Company Law - as a lawyer KM deserves at least one question in her area of expertise.!

Or as a related party transaction if paid elsewhere. And why much of the interest charged to Baton is not shown as interest in the CAFC Limited accounts.

Are these amounts included in the FFP submission to the League or is the club concealing them from the League and if so how can this be justified?

Questions for you, David Joyes, and we'll keep on asking them.

sm said:

Ask why Katrien's salary is not declared in the club's statutory accounts in contravention of UK Company Law - as a lawyer KM deserves at least one question in her area of expertise.!

Or as a related party transaction if paid elsewhere. And why much of the interest charged to Baton is not shown as interest in the CAFC Limited accounts.

Are these amounts included in the FFP submission to the League or is the club concealing them from the League and if so how can this be justified?

Questions for you, David Joyes, and we'll keep on asking them.
    No even if the emoluments are paid elsewhere and one of the directors (RD/KM) knows the details then it has to be disclosed under the Companies Acts requirements - directors deliberately concealing information would make the offence even worse - I give relevant details below with the more relevant points highlighted

From Schedule 5 - The Large and Medium-sized Companies and Groups (Accounts and Reports) Regulations 2008

5.—(1) There must be shown the aggregate amount of any consideration paid to or receivable by third parties for making available the services of any person—
    (a)as a director of the company, or
    (b)while director of the company—
    (i)as director of any of its subsidiary undertakings, or
    (ii)otherwise in connection with the management of the affairs of the company or any of its subsidiary undertakings.
    (2) In sub-paragraph (1)—
    (a)the reference to consideration includes benefits otherwise than in cash, and
    (b)in relation to such consideration the reference to its amount is to the estimated money value of the benefit.
    The nature of any such consideration must be disclosed.
    (3) For the purposes of this paragraph a “third party” means a person other than—
    (a)the director himself or a person connected with him or a body corporate controlled by him, or
    (b)the company or any of its subsidiary undertakings.

General nature of obligations
    6.—(1) This Schedule requires information to be given only so far as it is contained in the company’s books and papers or the company has the right to obtain it from the persons concerned.
    (2) For the purposes of this Schedule any information is treated as shown if it is capable of being readily ascertained from other information which is shown.
    Provisions as to amounts to be shown
    7.—(1) The following provisions apply with respect to the amounts to be shown under this Schedule.
    (2) The amount in each case includes all relevant sums, whether paid by or receivable from the company, any of the company’s subsidiary undertakings or any other person.
    (3) References to amounts paid to or receivable by a person include amounts paid to or receivable by a person connected with him or a body corporate controlled by him (but not so as to require an amount to be counted twice).
    (4) Except as otherwise provided, the amounts to be shown for any financial year are—
    (a)the sums receivable in respect of that year (whenever paid), or
    (b)in the case of sums not receivable in respect of a period, the sums paid during that year.
    (5) Sums paid by way of expenses allowance that are charged to United Kingdom income tax after the end of the relevant financial year must be shown in a note to the first accounts in which it is practicable to show them and must be distinguished from the amounts to be shown apart from this provision.
    (6) Where it is necessary to do so for the purpose of making any distinction required in complying with this Schedule, the directors may apportion payments between the matters in respect of which they have been paid or are receivable in such manner as they think appropriate.