Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

April Fans Forum - MINUTES ON PAGE 11

Comments

• Options
    Was nobody there who can give a summary of what happened?
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Was nobody there who can give a summary of what happened?

Doesn't sound like it.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

This would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic. A Fans Forum meeting that the fans have no clue about.

So, just WHO was there?

A Fans' Forum which hand picks fans who line up to praise the regime, with minutes released as soon as Meire has approved them and redacted anything remotely critical? Still, she can tell the media she met with two different sets of fans yesterday and won at least one them, representing almost all the entire customer base, over with her charm and business acumen.
  • Options
    Don't they normally put a hold on out-of-meeting comments until the minutes have been agreed?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Don't they normally put a hold on out-of-meeting comments until the minutes have been agreed?

But we normally know someone, anyone, who has attended.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

But surely if it was a forum of fans, someone who is actually a fan would have been there and be able to give a summary of what happened? If it was representative it seems inconceivable that there was not someone there who might not be a fan of Roland? But that might be a big if.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pedro45 said:

Katrien committed at the Nov Fans' meeting that in future the FF would be on video. The last one was.

• Options

Pedro45 said:

Katrien committed at the Nov Fans' meeting that in future the FF would be on video. The last one was.

Indeed, but did we get "preview" feedback of that meeting or did we have to wait till the video came out on YouTube? I can't remember. I'd love an update ahead of the minutes/video release - all I'm saying is those that were there may have been asked to keep schtum until the minutes/video/whatever is ready to go out?
  • Options

mogodon said:

Off_it said:

This would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic. A Fans Forum meeting that the fans have no clue about.

So, just WHO was there?

A Fans' Forum which hand picks fans who line up to praise the regime, with minutes released as soon as Meire has approved them and redacted anything remotely critical? Still, she can tell the media she met with two different sets of fans yesterday and won at least one them, representing almost all the entire customer base, over with her charm and business acumen.
    It's not really fair to say the people there are hand-picked to praise the regime; it's in the structure of the forum, which is to represent groups acknowledged by the club. The groups choose who they send (other than Syd, who is self-selecting!). Unfortunately, the groups only comprise a minority of supporters and the person attending tends to be whoever us willing to give up their time, often to discuss trivia. The FF wasn't set up to lead the revolution. Let's not assume the people who go are stooges, even if they are not equipped to be representative of the whole fan base.

Increasingly, people with a strong view about the regime who were on the FF have walked away, because they found meeting Meire a waste of time. I do think it's time for the groups themselves to shut it down, but that's for them to consider.
    I completely appreciate the points you make, and also that not everyone is anti-Duchatalet. But if the group is as unrepresentative as you suggest, and also only includes groups acknowledged by the club, then it should not be referred to as a fans' forum, even if that's what the club calls it. The suggestion to anyone not in the know that this is a fully representative body, with the result that it gives Meire and others opportunities to crow about meeting with fans when the reality is quite different.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Does seem to be a double standard operating here of "It's a waste of time but I demand to know instantly what happened?".

The idea of the fans forum ie to discuss and resolve operational issues with a receptive and communicative club admin is sound and can and has worked fine in normal circumstances.

We no longer have normal circumstances or a normal healthy level of trust or communication. That is totally down to the regime, not the fans or the Fans' Forum.

Personally, and I said this to Mel Baroni, I think the fans forum would work better without Katrien as it might actually get some things discussed and dealt with. But she over manages and doesn't let her staff makes decisions however small so they just sit there and wait for her to speak. That is about her poor management and her generally poor recruitment skills. The good ones like Mel and Fizz leave and the poor ones selected by KM like Cahones and Mandy Rice-Davies know their place. David Joyes sits in the corner, says nothing unless asked and dreams of Venezuela and North Cyprus. The rest of the staff would, I guess, rather be anywhere else.

When we have a normal, sensible board and SMT with a normal, sensible business plan and a normal, sensible attitude to fans as key stakeholders and contributors not, as at present, passive consumers at best and rioters at worst then the Fans Forum will be more useful.

Currently the Forum and its members are having to take on a role for which it wasn't designed and the reps not chosen for, that of adversaries in a battle to convince KM that real change and not just lip service to change is badly needed. They aren't stooges as can be seen from the last video (and I suspect it will be the last video) just not always the most suitable people for the role forced upon them while also unable to live up to the unrealistic demands placed on them by people on social media and here.

So at the moment the fans' forum like using a hammer to put in a screw. It has a function and it can work but if you use it to do the wrong job then it won't do that job very well.

On my part, I accept I have misinterpreted the role of the forum for which I apologise. As you say, in normal times it makes sense and works as intended, but these are not normal times. There is no harm in it continuing in the present climate. other than perhaps giving the impression that the club is in meaningful dialogue with fans over key areas of dispute, but I now see this is in no way a real vehicle for the views of the majority opposed to the current regime to be heard. So, in reality Meire/Murray etc continue to refuse to communicate in any meaningful way with their customers who are deeply unhappy.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Solidgone said:

If we don't know the names of those selected to attend the fans forum, how do fans put ideas forward for the forum to be discussed?

on the OS with emails http://www.cafc.co.uk/fans/fans_forum/

Although I think the reps should be more pro-active is seeking views and suggestions than they appear to be.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

The minutes are in draft form so hopefully will be shared quickly.

However I understand that last night's meeting was not videoed and the club has decided not to do so again.

More lies from Katrien
  • Options
    How many of those members are on Charlton Life? If none, or the few that are don't attend, then you won't get an update.

Should message boards be represented, as these are essentially Fan Groups?