Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

April Fans Forum - MINUTES ON PAGE 11

Comments

• Options
    Who's doing the commentary thread on this car-crash tonight then???
  • Options
    sm said:

A serious breach of the Companies Act 2006 would mean failure of the fit and proper test if the Football League were to follow its own rules

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/appendix3.aspx

Remember they got Al Capone for tax evasion.

Who gave them Al Capone?

What has a poor, innocent (admittedly dead) Chicago gangster done to be handed over to the fiendish clutches of Uncle Roly?
  • Options
    6:30 start this evening. Bet the gates are locked
  • Options
    5.17 from UK Practical Law below is pretty definitive on the disclosure of Directors emoluments http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:txKBY9BJAvEJ:uk.practicallaw.com/books/9781847668882/chapter05+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

• Options

sm said:

A serious breach of the Companies Act 2006 would mean failure of the fit and proper test if the Football League were to follow its own rules

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/appendix3.aspx

Remember they got Al Capone for tax evasion.

I'm happy to defer to anyone with professional knowledge on this, and I have been working with others with that background. That was the source of the related party transaction comment.

There are also questions about potential benefits being received by Meire such as accommodation costs and whether these are being declared for tax purposes. I don't really care what she is being paid, but I want to discover if what is being done to remunerate her is lawful and whether it complies with FFP rules.
    Chances are that if they are defying Company Law they may also be doing the same with tax and Football League rules - I would certainly expect HMRC and the Football League to use their powers to check, but they need some justification to launch an investigation, especially since there are not a few of us without more general objections.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T.C.E said:

Is it being live streamed like the previous one?

I asked this question of the rep that deals with the agenda & minutes and 4 days ago he responded that he had asked but no definitive answer had been given thus far...

Found the Live stream channel. ;)
    Old, but keeps me amused. ;)
    Bit like me then !

• Options
    I assume the defence against non disclosure is the bit that says "...so far as...the company has the right obtain it..."

He uses the same ruse for Melexis, none of the 19 directors have any emoluments paid by the company. Is Staprix employing his senior staff or another company tucked away in Panama given he employs different nationalities who might not benefit from employment by a Belgian company and potential adverse tax consequences.

Melexis is a public quoted company with far higher disclosure obligations so would just assume if he is getting away with it in Belgium he can get away with it in the UK for a private company. After all as a member of the EU we all benefit from the same protection don't we @PragueAddick :wink:
  • Options
    A bit late in the day but if the offer to chair the meeting is made to anyone then please take it if you're not a staff member. Then don't move until all are satisfied with response to any issue. Sadly I anticipate the usual eyewash from Katrien and co with lots of nodding dogs around the table.
  • Options
    Is this being filmed?
  • Options
    Is this going ahead ?
  • Options
    I hope no one shows apart from the club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the likely event that they don't make a video available should dig out the remarks from last time about transparency, rebuilding trust etc - more evidence of the lies lies lies
  • Options

Nug said:

I hope no one shows apart from the club

Syd will be there. Coach arrival times will be reported back.
    So True.
  • Options
    Any updates?
  • Options
    No confirmation that this has even gone ahead.
  • Options
    Katrien will not put herself in a position to be videoed and or questioned again. She has already lost any argument coming her way. It simply won't happen.

The only thing she's learnt in 2 years. It took a while though.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Katrien will not put herself in a position to be videoed and or questioned again. She has already lost any argument coming her way. It simply won't happen.

The only thing she's learnt in 2 years. It took a while though.

Therefore ...another lie
  • Options

No confirmation that this has even gone ahead.

That's weird (meaning unique). {...}
  • Options
    Guess the trust's statement about their meeting earlier today makes the ff redundant now.