Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

April Fans Forum - MINUTES ON PAGE 11

Comments

• Options
    I would be amazed if this still goes ahead.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

I don't think the Fans' Forum was ever designed to achieve root and branch change, but it is an opportunity to give the club enough rope to hang themselves, especially now it's videoed. Although it wouldn't surprise me if that commitment lasted just the one meeting.

The club officials are the gift that keeps on giving, because - as Mandy neatly evidenced - they just keep telling themselves everything's wonderful, at best playing feng shui with the Titanic's deckchairs. So as soon as one dissenting voice they resort to mocking, anger, floundering or outright lying. Such as the various meetings Varney apparently cancelled himself, or the pretence that residential accommodation is not part of the Jimmy Seed stand thinking.

Although it's quite possible I misinterpretated it all.

Get it right rikofold, not the Jimmy Seed Stand, it is the South Stand, ask Tony
  • Options
    If she is simply going to regurgitate what she has put out in the statement following relegation...blag..blah...working together...blah.blah....re-building etc. then it will indeed be worthless other than ticking the box that says:
    Fan Engagement by the SMT.

Only tendering her resignation at the meeting, where she could at least have the decency to face up to the damaging consequences of her time as CEO in public, would suffice as reason for it to happen.

If Katrien Meire sees herself as an integral part of the re-building process then she is more deluded than Duchatelet.
  • Options
    As we haven't heard anything more about the fans forum does anyone know if it is still going ahead Thursday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rikofold said:

It's tonight and as far as I know it's going ahead.

In Bartrams, as per the last fans forum?
  • Options
    Is it being live streamed like the previous one?
  • Options
    Mackle said:

I hope a question about the scale of the numbers involved in protests is asked. 5000 people marching at the last match, that's around a quarter of the home support.

Something like "in light of previous comments by the CEO and non-Executive Chairman, does the club still believe that only 2% of fans are dissatisfied and that its down to Internet message boards?"

Agreed but i'd like to think @rikofold and the rest go in a bit harder this time.

It's no longer time to hear what they say, it's time to get rid of them and that message has to be loud and clear.
  • Options
    It was not live streamed but a video was released about 48 hour later.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    "The CEO has previously said that Charlton fans have to accept that it's Roland's club and he runs things his way. Since then, numerous statements have been released by Charlton acknowledging that mistakes have been made.

Does this mean that there is an acceptance that perhaps Roland's operating model is not suited to English football?

Another network club is Carl Ziess Jena, which has fallen through the German leagues with the same mistakes repeatedly made - Charlton fans will be hopeful that the SMT do not allow the same pattern to be replicated here."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

kentred2 said:

Expect Miere to come out on front foot this evening after weekend events. Police investigations, bans, disgusting behaviour in west stand, stewards attacked with balloons, threatening behaviour, Sue and Mandy upset, etc etc

Murray will nod.

Setting up the strategy committee announced in November, talking to British football staff, exciting signings in the summer, Roland here for the long term, all decisions correct, setting light to the fans' sofa in the centre circle at the end of the last match . . .
    Katrien in the middle, Dickie on top?

• Options
    Ask her if she stands by what she said in the first programme of the season "nowhere to hide" so f**k off
  • Options

Mackle said:

I hope a question about the scale of the numbers involved in protests is asked. 5000 people marching at the last match, that's around a quarter of the home support.

Really! When was the last time you saw 20,000 Charlton fans in the Valley?

I thought they officially tended to quote 17ish thousand on the tannoy?
  • Options
    Mackle said:

Mackle said:

Really! When was the last time you saw 20,000 Charlton fans in the Valley?

I thought they officially tended to quote 17ish thousand on the tannoy?
    The tannoy announcements include away fans and all season tickets and comps. If you take out the away fans and the number of people not attending due to what is happening at the Valley you will have a lot less. Sorry I may have misunderstood you as well as you said "home" support which I took to be Charlton fans thus excluding away support.