Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox and humble pie

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

Things against Morgan Fox:

1) His class as a player is open to question.

Things for Morgan Fox

1) He cost us nothing.
    2) He's one of our own.
    3) He stepped up willingly when Wiggins got injured.
    4) He has had to adapt to play with countless different players inside him and in front of him.
    5) He has tolerated dogs abuse without throwing a wobbly.
    6) He never hides.
    7) He has age on his side.

In the panoply of Charlton Athleticism, there are far more people deserved of criticism before we land on Morgan Fox.

You'd worry if a pro didn't want to
    Play . Bless his cotton socks
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

What makes me laugh, is all these fans on here saying "he's sh*t! "

And how many of them have had a successful professional football career?

I tell you what, you play against Foxy one Sunday morning down the park, and see what mugs he makes of you...

Jesus, really?

So by your logic:

- If a taxi driver takes me to the wrong place, I can't complain. (I've never driven a taxi professionally)

- If my office computer was damaged by a cleaner spilling cleaning fluid, I can't complain. (I've never cleaned professionally)

- If I go to a restaurant and the chef turns out an uncooked microwavable meal, I can't complain. (I've never been a chef)

- Thousands of fans protesting outside the club are laughable, and have no reason to complain. (They've never ran a football club themselves)

As for shitty politicians, poor public transport and other every day ineptitudes - there's no point complaining if you've never had a successful career in those industries... right? Give it a break.

Morgan Fox is an average footballer, and he had a few wobbles over the course of the season. He recovered well, found strength of character and came back to end the season pretty respectably. He's got potential.

You don't have to have had a professional career as a footballer to disagree with another (entirely inexperienced I'm presuming.) fan's opinion though. I have no idea why these threads always seem to devolve in the same way, not everyone needs to agree but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Yes everyone to their own opinion of course. But if a cleaner spills cleaning fluid on your computer, do you stand in the middle of the office, giving hand gestures for ninety minutes, calling him/her every name under the sun?.
  • Options
    Roland and Katrien have, as we all know, made tons of mistakes.

However, they have never stooped so low or been so dumb as to abuse our own players during a match.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Roland and Katrien have, as we all know, made tons of mistakes.

However, they have never stooped so low or been so dumb as to abuse our own players during a match.

They do enough of that on non-match days.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Birmingham City want him if we can get 750,000 for him that would be a good deal .... As we have TDH and Edwards waiting to take over

Or Katrien can make the same deal see did with Birmingham for Morrison.

Take him on loan and when he's proved he's good enough you can have him for nothing.
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

I tell you what, you play against Foxy one Sunday morning down the park, and see what mugs he makes of you...

Jesus, really?

So by your logic:

- If a taxi driver takes me to the wrong place, I can't complain. (I've never driven a taxi professionally)

- If my office computer was damaged by a cleaner spilling cleaning fluid, I can't complain. (I've never cleaned professionally)

- If I go to a restaurant and the chef turns out an uncooked microwavable meal, I can't complain. (I've never been a chef)

- Thousands of fans protesting outside the club are laughable, and have no reason to complain. (They've never ran a football club themselves)

As for shitty politicians, poor public transport and other every day ineptitudes - there's no point complaining if you've never had a successful career in those industries... right? Give it a break.

Morgan Fox is an average footballer, and he had a few wobbles over the course of the season. He recovered well, found strength of character and came back to end the season pretty respectably. He's got potential.

You don't have to have had a professional career as a footballer to disagree with another (entirely inexperienced I'm presuming.) fan's opinion though. I have no idea why these threads always seem to devolve in the same way, not everyone needs to agree but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Yes everyone to their own opinion of course. But if a cleaner spills cleaning fluid on your computer, do you stand in the middle of the office, giving hand gestures for ninety minutes, calling him/her every name under the sun?.
    I stand in the car park and give hand gestures.
  • Options
    You must
    Simonsen said:

LuckyReds said:

Jesus, really?

So by your logic:

I stand in the car park and give hand gestures.
    You sound very nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shut down the forum. No one can criticise anything that they are not an expert or professional in.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Jesus, really?

So by your logic:

But at the same time if you told a taxi driver / an IT bloke or a chef how to do their job they'd tell you to do one
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Birmingham City want him if we can get 750,000 for him that would be a good deal .... As we have TDH and Edwards waiting to take over

Who's he Colin? Another figment of your imagination? If you can't get the names of the players correct is it any wonder nobody believes you.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Or Katrien can make the same deal see did with Birmingham for Morrison.

Take him on loan and when he's proved he's good enough you can have him for nothing.
    Big diff Morrison was 4th choice and asked for a move
    Wouldn't you? They tried to farm him out to some Romanian team.
  • Options
    Fox is not anything other than bottom six Championship quality. In league one I think he might be far more comfortable and an asset. Having said that. If Brum really want to pay 750k for him then I would sell.
  • Options

Fox is not anything other than bottom six Championship quality. In league one I think he might be far more comfortable and an asset. Having said that. If Brum really want to pay 750k for him then I would sell.

If anyone offered £750k for any of our players barring a handful I'd sell...
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

Jesus, really?

So by your logic:

But at the same time if you told a taxi driver / an IT bloke or a chef how to do their job they'd tell you to do one
    Which would be great were Morgan Fox posting on here telling anyone that doesn't rate him "to do one"; but he's not.

Instead there was the implication that you can't judge someone unless you've had a successful career in their shoes... which is nonsense.
  • Options
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-transfer-rumour-blues-11271650

Really wouldnt surprise me if Morrison has made this suggestion somewhere.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    4) He has had to adapt to play with countless different players inside him and in front of him.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Things against Morgan Fox:

1) His class as a player is open to question.

Things for Morgan Fox

1) He cost us nothing.
    2) He's one of our own.
    3) He stepped up willingly when Wiggins got injured.
    5) He has tolerated dogs abuse without throwing a wobbly.
    6) He never hides.
    7) He has age on his side.

In the panoply of Charlton Athleticism, there are far more people deserved of criticism before we land on Morgan Fox.

if i could give an extra like for the use of the word "panoply" i would
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Have never really understood the stick he got. It's no coincidence that when he has a settled back four, and more to the point experienced decent players, around him he performs.

He got 'stick' quite simply because he became the convenient scapegoat when most around him weren't any better!

Some of the one syllable (anything beyond one syllable was probably too complex) abuse that he got during the season, particularly at away matches, would be laughable if it wasn't so disgusting. Some of the neanderlithic behaviour when it came to Fox really highlighted a gutter level of intelligence and decency on some occasions.

He was never as bad as some of the 'band wagon jumpers' made out and at least he showed some bloody heart and fight for the cause during those really dire all round performances.
    Just 9 likes says it all really! I put it down to either a complete lack of footballing intelligence or an embarrassing inability to admit that you were wrong. One of the many inadequacies of today's society.
  • Options
    + likes for the repeat post.

I'm going to listen to Sufijan Stevens most recent album Carrie & Lowell now.

It helps me for a time remember the importance of life and love.

As to Fox, have had some moments where we shouted at him for missing a particular pass and at one stage thought he was a weak link but always thought he was developing ok.

Remember threads where his dad was criticised, poor call from the posters there.

Morgan deserves better and apologies are due.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Did you post that as a joke?
  • Options
    Morgan fix is a terrible terrible terrible player. Stood still for the first goal and the second!!! Terrible, he turned, looked at Boyd but still chased the ball like a 4 year old and got the flight wrong.

My nan who has been dead for 20 years can get more power in a cross
  • Options

Morgan fix is a terrible terrible terrible player. Stood still for the first goal and the second!!! Terrible, he turned, looked at Boyd but still chased the ball like a 4 year old and got the flight wrong.

Fox, not fix. Morgan fix would be a better option
  • Options

Now if we could just fix fox
  • Options

How tall is your nan ?
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

Jesus, really?

So by your logic:

Not anymore - since "the incident".