Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox and humble pie

Comments

• Options
    I did not go today. But went to Bury and Cheltenham and I've been well impressed with him. I really hope he has a good season.
  • Options
    Noticed he was going up for corners today. Had a reasonable game.
  • Options

Special mention for Fox, he was outstanding today, Morgan took a lot of stick of Charlton fans last season rightly or wrongly, however this season he has come back a lot stronger.

Keep up the work Morgan.

Told you, he was good.. And before anyone comments, footballer.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Outstanding? Solid, committed, involved yes but when I think outstanding that was Solly at his best when he won POTY twice in a row. Don't think anyone was at that level today.

Solly and Fox is a reminder for me of how good our academy is! Both were brilliant today extremely proud
  • Options
    He was better than usual. Average defending but pretty good going forward. It was however one of his better games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fox handles any criticism better than effing Roger Johnson.
  • Options
    Very average at best, lacks enough pace and composure to play FB in my opinion

Would have THD in front of him every day of the week
  • Options

cafc4life said:

No he wasn't , he was shit again.

Really enjoyed that cross he put in last kick of the game where he faltered and smashed it against there player for a throw.

I'd have THD starting over him any day of the week and I'll happily drive him to Birmingham, West Ham , Man Utd. Whoever wants him

Bore off
    Sorry Morgan hope I didn't upset you
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Really enjoyed that cross he put in last kick of the game where he faltered and smashed it against there player for a throw.

I'd have THD starting over him any day of the week and I'll happily drive him to Birmingham, West Ham , Man Utd. Whoever wants him

The fact that other clubs are linked with him tells you something.

He's not the best player in the world by any stretch of the imagination and to a certain degree is limited. But gets a lot of unfair stick imo.

Can't believe some fans boo him - that's clearly going to fill the boy with confidence. To his credit, he never hides and always looks for the ball.
    It tells you they're watching a young full back. I'm sure scouts have also kept an eye on every young player that has made a few first team appearances for us.
  • Options
    Imo he was a 5 out 10 in a 5 out of 10 team performance, if that's what people are happy with then fury muff.
  • Options
    Morgan is a league one full back. I'm perfectly happy with him at this level. Any higher and he hasn't got the positional sense or pace that's needed. As for Premier League interest. Well I would certainly be amazed.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

He's not the best player in the world by any stretch of the imagination and to a certain degree is limited. But gets a lot of unfair stick imo.

Can't believe some fans boo him - that's clearly going to fill the boy with confidence. To his credit, he never hides and always looks for the ball.
    It tells you they're watching a young full back. I'm sure scouts have also kept an eye on every young player that has made a few first team appearances for us.
    That was his 89th game for the club yesterday. Must be doing something right if he is still being scouted.

I guess the flip side is why hasn't anybody signed him? I hope they don't as I think he will really push on this season.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

The fact he's still with us tells you more!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016

Morgan is a league one full back. I'm perfectly happy with him at this level. Any higher and he hasn't got the positional sense or pace that's needed. As for Premier League interest. Well I would certainly be amazed.

Good post, Fox's consistency less him down and I agree L1 is a good fit for his skills. But I said Simon Francis was conference level so what do I know?
  • Options

cafc4life said:

The fact he's still with us tells you more!
    As I suggested in the my last post.

• Options
    I think he is a player who will benefit from playing a season at this level. I think his ultimate level is higher, but he needs to build and playing at a level he is better than, will build his confidence.
  • Options
    Didn't even know he could sing.
    When are they on ?
  • Options

Didn't even know he could sing.
    When are they on ?

What just happened?
  • Options
    Fox had one of his better games and I'd rate him as average yesterday, which tells you he's usually worse than average.

He was totally committed and that's brilliant, But I'd expect nothing less. I could be totally committed, but you wouldn't want me out there.

He was good coming forward but less than good at defending, making a number of errors.

He got dragged out of position for their goal, leaving Jackson trying to cover for him in vain. I'm not saying the goal was his fault, but he seemed the most culpable.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Fox had one of his better games and I'd rate him as average yesterday, which tells you he's usually worse than average.

He was totally committed and that's brilliant, But I'd expect nothing less. I could be totally committed, but you wouldn't want me out there.

He was good coming forward but less than good at defending, making a number of errors.

He got dragged out of position for their goal, leaving Jackson trying to cover for him in vain. I'm not saying the goal was his fault, but he seemed the most culpable.

Speaking of players who get pulled out of position - Pearce was a major culprit yesterday (he actually got dragged out for the goal as well). At one point he was over on the right wing when we were defending. Konsa's man scored the goal. The 2 players nearest Revell when he headed just watched him.

Anyway, 3 games in and we've had 3 different pairings in the middle - think Bauer may well come in on Tuesday night to make that 4.
  • Options

I think their goal was a bit of a pig's ear all round to be honest but my immediate reaction in the aftermath was to question where Pearce was?
  • Options
    Wasn't at the game, I think Fox is OK, but didn't their goal come from a cross from our left?
  • Options

Wasn't at the game, I think Fox is OK, but didn't their goal come from a cross from our left?

It did but the way I saw it Foxy was left two on one and, as I said above, my immediate thought was where was Pearce as the left sided centre back?