Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox and humble pie

Comments

• Options
    Everyone keeps saying they would rather THD instead but cant say I have seen enough of him to comment, all previous managers who watch them at training seem to play fox instead also.
  • Options
    He's improved a lot. Ability-wise I'd say he's 'alright', pretty decent at League 1 level now and I think he'll keep improving. Regardless, I have the utmost respect for him in the way he's held himself over the past couple of seasons. You can see he cares, and hears the stick he gets from some of our "cognitively-challenged" fans - but I've never heard or seen a negative thing from him and he keeps plugging away at it.

Maybe if we can ride out this Duchatelet patch, he'll be here for a long time and become a bit of a home-grown icon. Let's face it, we're probably not going to need (or be able to get) anyone any better than him for some time at the rate we're going.
  • Options
    My son told me about a great interview with Morgan with some fascinating snippets on his time with Charlton.
    Says he thinks it was in SLP and tweeted on his twitter site.
    Has anybody seen it or can get a link (sorry I am a total technofobe and can't find it online)
  • Options
    Thanks Henry, just seen it
  • Options
    "It’s been tough, especially as a young player almost thrown in after Powelly left. There was very little guidance from some of the management staff around me."

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/15155/exclusive-morgan-fox-charlton-exit-thinks-addicks-way-back/

Said it before but it's ridiculous to hear that considering our owner wants the club to bring young players through. He did say it's better now but it should have never got that bad in the first place.
  • Options
    Whilst never vocal I wasn't MF's biggest fan, but I sure as hell miss him now, and I wish him all the best, well done Morgan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fox is Fox. He is playing in a better environment and a better team. The one that really needs a pat on the back is his agent for getting him out of Charlton.
  • Options
    The Fox hunters should be outed on here. They are part of the problem IMO.
  • Options
    Didn't rate Fox but he's a million times the player Page is.
  • Options
    Morgan's family hail from the Chelmsford area. I know his dad has a "Fox" personalised plate on his car. This morning I spotted a very nice late model (probably new) Porsche 911 pootling through Danbury. Registration Number FOX 3. Too much of a coincidence surely? If that's Morgan's, Sheff Wed must be paying him quite well.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Morgan's family hail from the Chelmsford area. I know his dad has a "Fox" personalised plate on his car. This morning I spotted a very nice late model (probably new) Porsche 911 pootling through Danbury. Registration Number FOX 3. Too much of a coincidence surely? If that's Morgan's, Sheff Wed must be paying him quite well.

leased .. small(ish) down payment .. pay through the nose every month for the use of .. hand it back after 2 years ((:>)
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Yeah but is his house better than Danny Green's?
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Yeah but is his house better than Danny Green's?
    No , but unlike Danny he has set his sky remote up to work the tv.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    cafcfan said:

Rumoured to be on massive wages
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Godstone said:

*If this goes well I might start a Karel Fraeye and humble pie thread.

How did that go?
  • Options
    Just been sent off for Wednesday
  • Options
    Two bookable offences - looked in trouble every time he was one on one with one of their wide players.
  • Options
    He is getting absolute pelters by Wednesday fans on twitter atm. Seems like he has the same issues still he had with us, slow, not great at crossing, getting skinned and not tracking back. I liked Fox and had time for him but I do think he doesn't have enough about him
  • Options
    I thought he was having a decent game until saw red. Got skinned a couple of times but was isolated with they guy in front not coming back to help and everyone else staying in the box. A couple of great crosses and passes to edge of box.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    TBH I thought it was a mickey mouse decision to send him off :wink:
  • Options
    Saw Fox play for S.W. last week at Carrow Road against Norwich.
    Played wide at full back constantly pushing forward.
    His first few crosses went way beyond strikers but he pulled back a low cross which led to S.W. goal.
    Drifted a bit in the second half and was subbed.
  • Options

TBH I thought it was a mickey mouse decision to send him off :wink:

• Options
    Good game today. Looked good going forward.