Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox and humble pie

Comments

• Options
    If Fox has a 2 on 1 surely the missing cover is Jackson not Pearce?
  • Options

If Fox has a 2 on 1 surely the missing cover is Jackson not Pearce?

This...

There were a couple of times in the first half when he closed his man down, but as the player he was marking dropped back, he had no-one to pass his man off to.

There was also an occasion when he was going forward, had 2 men marking him, and there was no other red shirt within 20 yards.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Fox had one of his better games and I'd rate him as average yesterday, which tells you he's usually worse than average.

He was totally committed and that's brilliant, But I'd expect nothing less. I could be totally committed, but you wouldn't want me out there.

He was good coming forward but less than good at defending, making a number of errors.

He got dragged out of position for their goal, leaving Jackson trying to cover for him in vain. I'm not saying the goal was his fault, but he seemed the most culpable.

I think their goal was a bit of a pig's ear all round to be honest but my immediate reaction in the aftermath was to question where Pearce was?
    Fox was marking their guy attacking on the right. He cut inside and Fox followed him all the way to the centre of the pitch. Possibly he was right to do so, possibly not.

However, it left no one defending at left back and of course one of their players moved into the void and was given the ball. Pearce started to go over to fill the left back position, with Jacko also running to cover.

Pearce stopped when he realised Jacko was behind him and Pearce would have been dragged out of the centre.

The result was their guy crossed from the right, before Jacko could get there & block it & Pearce was still too far out of the centre, leaving Konsa to try & deal with the cross.

• Options

What I liked was after Jackson scored everyone came to celebrate with him, but as everyone got back in place, Fox and Jacko were still stood there celebrating with the fans. Proper Charlton he is, no matter how much stick he gets off the fans he only gives back positivity. Good lad.

He also is always trying to gee up both the players and the fans...
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

No he wasn't , he was shit again.

Really enjoyed that cross he put in last kick of the game where he faltered and smashed it against there player for a throw.

I'd have THD starting over him any day of the week and I'll happily drive him to Birmingham, West Ham , Man Utd. Whoever wants him

Better man than you mate...
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Morgan is a league one full back. I'm perfectly happy with him at this level. Any higher and he hasn't got the positional sense or pace that's needed. As for Premier League interest. Well I would certainly be amazed.

Good post, Fox's consistency less him down and I agree L1 is a good fit for his skills. But I said Simon Francis was conference level so what do I know?
    Agreed.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Really enjoyed that cross he put in last kick of the game where he faltered and smashed it against there player for a throw.

I'd have THD starting over him any day of the week and I'll happily drive him to Birmingham, West Ham , Man Utd. Whoever wants him

Based on what ?
  • Options
    Come on please......Fox is shit. He can't cross, tackle or head a ball in the area at set pieces. His decision making is woeful and yesterday his main aim when he had the ball was to hoof it to the front. I am not surprised that he is still with us as no one has come in for him because anyone with a modicum of football knowledge knows he is useless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Come on please......Fox is shit. He can't cross, tackle or head a ball in the area at set pieces. His decision making is woeful and yesterday his main aim when he had the ball was to hoof it to the front. I am not surprised that he is still with us as no one has come in for him because anyone with a modicum of football knowledge knows he is useless.

Could it be that he is following instructions, and Slade has told him to do this?
  • Options
    Nice bloke Morgan fox
  • Options
    Still think he has and deserves time to improve. Be interesting to see how well he does this year, as that will be a good yardstick about Slade's managerial capability.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Based on what ?
    Probably maturity, I would think.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Could it be that he is following instructions, and Slade has told him to do this?
    Well there were a lot less long balls in the second half from the team.

I'd say it's probably down to a mixture of reasons. Fox is not naturally comfortable at running with the ball and he had no outlet in front of him in terms of pace/movement. Jackson comes inside more and isn't someone you want running onto balls into space. If Fox was closed down and team mates nearby also can't find space that left a long ball as his main option.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Based on what ?
    Highly highly unlikely , but think what you want . I'd fancy myself to show more ability and common sense than he does or you would every Saturday .
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Faltered? He was in the right wing position at the time as a throw or similar had just taken place. He pulled the ball back to cross with his left leg as otherwise he was on his right which does not appear very strong. Hardly faltered and seems slightly nit picky to pull up a young left back for not knocking over a smashing cross with his weaker foot from a right wing position, especially when the result was a throw to us not a break away from them.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Based on what ?
    Highly highly unlikely , but think what you want . I'd fancy myself to show more ability and common sense than he does or you would every Saturday .
    You sound so perfect.
  • Options
    I grew up watching Bowen, Powell and Hreidarsson; exceptional left backs. Fox isn't is that league but I admire his personality enormously
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Based on what ?
    So why arent you out there playing?

Always the most pathetic response a fan can give is: I could play better than that!!... Okay then phone around and see if you can get a trial somewhere!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Based on what ?

Always the most pathetic response a fan can give is: I could play better than that!!... Okay then phone around and see if you can get a trial somewhere!!!
    Remind me of a game where Fox was consistently good for 90 minutes?

Can he defend? no
    Is he good in the air? no
    Is he a threat going forward ? no

3 major parts of a full backs game and he cant do any of them. Im not saying there's moments in games where he hasnt made the right decision or a tackle because he has but overall he just isnt good enough. I dont understand the love in for him on here, Sentiment because he is a youth product clouds people's judgement on his lack of footballing ability.

Ill happily watch him prove me wrong this season, but will he? I Think Not.
  • Options
    masicat said:

This is the thread that makes me question how much I really have in common with a lot of people who watch and support the same team as me. Obviously little people who have achieved very little in their boring lives slagging off a young man who has actually achieved something and is still learning his trade. Most who slag Fox had previously slagged Francis and then Church. Standing amongst fellow slaggers at the valley moaning from first whistle to last. Twats.

The thread began in support of Morgan Fox
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Based on what ?

Can he defend? no

3 major parts of a full backs game and he cant do any of them. Im not saying there's moments in games where he hasnt made the right decision or a tackle because he has but overall he just isnt good enough. I dont understand the love in for him on here, Sentiment because he is a youth product clouds people's judgement on his lack of footballing ability.

Remind me why you think you've got the ability to be a better Footballer than him as per the post I replied to?
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Based on what ?

Can he defend? no

Very long time ago,
    Cast your memory back to Northampton Town at home.
    Yes last Saturday.

Fox and Solly were by far our best players.
    I think you need to look at the bigger picture, how Fox was getting pounded with abuse week after week last season which in my view wasn't necessary, as you could of done that to the whole squad not just Morgan.

However he has never once sulked and hidden away from it all, he has kept his head up and improved himself over the summer, which deserves a lot of praise. It's just the sort of attitude which will get Fox further afield than league 1.

But yet some still see him as a scapegoat like cafc4life, and it's getting a little boring.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Based on what ?

Can he defend? no

Remind me why you think you've got the ability to be a better Footballer than him as per the post I replied to?
    I can manage the basics as a start, like passing 5 yards and not being caught in no man's land when a ball gets hit over the top. Not that I have to justify myself to you obviously. :)
  • Options

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Based on what ?

Can he defend? no

Very long time ago,
    Yes last Saturday.

I think you need to look at the bigger picture, how Fox was getting pounded with abuse week after week last season which in my view wasn't necessary, as you could of done that to the whole squad not just Morgan.

However he has never once sulked and hidden away from it all, he has kept his head up and improved himself over the summer, which deserves a lot of praise. It's just the sort of attitude which will get Fox further afield than league 1.

But yet some still see him as a scapegoat like cafc4life, and it's getting a little boring.
    Im not seeing him as a scapegoat, he as many were, were total shit last year and i dont see him improving this season as saturday he showed no signs of improvements in the basics. I just dont think he's a very good footballer and that THD is a better option.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Based on what ?

Can he defend? no

Very long time ago,
    Yes last Saturday.

Im not seeing him as a scapegoat, he as many were, were total shit last year and i dont see him improving this season as saturday he showed no signs of improvements in the basics. I just dont think he's a very good footballer and that THD is a better option.
    Or, in fact you, according to one of your previous posts.

In fact, I think you should call him out. But let us all know. I'm sure we'd all love to watch you make a complete mug if Morgan in a one-on-one football competition...

Or perhaps it might be the other way round?

I know which way my money would be on...
  • Options

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Based on what ?

Can he defend? no

Very long time ago,
    Yes last Saturday.

Or, in fact you, according to one of your previous posts.

In fact, I think you should call him out. But let us all know. I'm sure we'd all love to watch you make a complete mug if Morgan in a one-on-one football competition...

Or perhaps it might be the other way round?

I know which way my money would be on...
    Didnt realise he had so many family members on here that love sticking up for him. Apologies
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

I grew up watching Bowen, Powell and Hreidarsson; exceptional left backs. Fox isn't is that league but I admire his personality enormously

I grew up, watching the likes of Billy Bonds and Brian Kinsey, and also agree with your post.
    Morgan Fox, does not hide, and seems to care enormously
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Based on what ?

Can he defend? no

Very long time ago,
    Yes last Saturday.

What has convinced you of THD being the better option? Maybe I have missed something. .