Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I would guess that if/when Teixeira goes, it will also be a loan deal. Other sides unlikely to offer the wages x contract length (4 more years) we have to a player who is 30 in a few weeks.

Season long loan I'd guess, like Vetokele, Watt, Ceballos and Sarr.
  • If this thread is turning to wages i ask this.
    Is it possible that Mr Slade himself was recruited on low wages, but was told he would get an absolutely massive bonus on promotion, and was told there would be plenty of largesse around to build a good squad?
  • edited July 2016
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

limeygent said:

How do we know we are paying these players wages? I understand that's most often the case when a youngster is loaned from a Prem club to a lower league, but how do we know who's paying what when we loan our players out? Just speculation?

Because we are run by an incompetent useless bunch of Belgian twats!
    The question was:- How do you know (or anyone else!) we are paying these players wages?

Answer:- You don't!
    Because no other club would match the contracts they all got from Meire, which is also why they only go on loan.
    There could be an element of truth in that, but you're not telling me the loaning club are paying nothing, therefore we are freeing up money for incoming signings!
    Accepted. Although whether the money is well spent or spent at all we'll have to see. I doubt if Slade wanted Ceballos anyway.
  • seth plum said:

If this thread is turning to wages i ask this.
    Is it possible that Mr Slade himself was recruited on low wages, but was told he would get an absolutely massive bonus on promotion, and was told there would be plenty of largesse around to build a good squad?

No.
  • Madz said:

I have a horrible feeling that this lack of signings is exactly what some on Twitter are saying. Slade has said he wants particular players, KM offering him only Network players to which Slade is saying no. Ergo they are at a stalemate and no players coming in.

You'd hope that KM wouldn't honestly believe this team as it stands is one to take us back up. If she does then she is more delusional than any of us ever thought. The other theory is that she is not allowing players to come in to stick 2 fingers up the fans who hate her. Or and here is the real unrealistic theory, we are trying to sign players, getting turned down, being priced out or we will actually make signings soon. The last one sounds crazy when you say it out loud :-)

She doesn't care about football, our league position, performance, or even what division we're in. All she cares about is hitting her own personal target set by Duchatelet to break even. If she has to lie to fans, managers and employees to do that then she will.
  • I think all directors/ chairman / owners of football clubs should watch the film "The Damned United" about Brian Clough, Great snippets of how managers choose the players & the owners pay for them.

Simple.

In our sad case I feel that we will not sign anyone until somebody leaves first - only Tex , Lookman and maybe Hariott will command a fee and we are waiting offers to come for them, hence why no new signings over the past week when RS had indicated there were a few in the pipeline.

this coming season is going to be hard to watch.
  • I think all directors/ chairman / owners of football clubs should watch the film "The Damned United" about Brian Clough, Great snippets of how managers choose the players & the owners pay for them.

Simple.

In our sad case I feel that we will not sign anyone until somebody leaves first - only Tex , Lookman and maybe Hariott will command a fee and we are waiting offers to come for them, hence why no new signings over the past week when RS had indicated there were a few in the pipeline.

this coming season is going to be hard to watch.

Right but that was 40 years ago when all you needed to do was turn up at Dave McKay's house and threaten to not leave until he signed. Scouting, sports science, statistics, and the size of the player pool (i.e. across Europe for us) has grown drastically. They kind of model is simply outdated.
  • Letting Ceballos go is such a poor decision. Yes he is not a very good player and yes, he was not going to start games but our squad is so thin that we cannot afford to let players go out on loan until we have "5 or 6" through the door.

This club is an absolute joke.
  • I wonder how much money they have waisted in 2 years by buying unsuitable players, not to mention the low or non existant fees received for players transfered our, must be a good few million.

Quite literally millions.
  • Sponsored links:

• I posted earlier in the summer that judgement can't be passed on cellabos because we haven't seen him enough. I stand by this. Him going is dog shite because

1. He is the only centre midfielder we have that has an ounce of creativity in his bones
    2. Our only centre midfielder who is under 30
    3. Get rid of all non British players and we will get the excuse, British players and manager finished 15 in league 1, welcome nobby vinegar
    4. We do not have a squad

He will be remembered for that corner and that is understandable but in our current predicament he is surley worth a place on the bench.....unless it's a simple case of Russell slade not fancying him as a player and wants him out to free up wages to sign a 36 year old on a 4 year deal
  • Just looked at the OS article from when Ceballos first signed. This made me laugh:

"The Spaniard, primarily a midfielder but equally comfortable as a centre forward,"

Classic - I bet these bozos had been told that Ceballos could cover as striker by the network scouts. Can you imagine him playing as a centre forward in the Championship??!!
  • Just looked at the OS article from when Ceballos first signed. This made me laugh:

"The Spaniard, primarily a midfielder but equally comfortable as a centre forward,"

Classic - I bet these bozos had been told that Ceballos could cover as striker by the network scouts. Can you imagine him playing as a centre forward in the Championship??!!

Surprised Meire didn't sign him as a centre half.

Surprised Meire didn't sign him as a centre half.
    Can he play in goal ?
  • Another 'investment' that we cut our losses on. I think he could have done a job for us, but like so many, we just let 'em go. Why isn't anyone being called to account for our terrible transfer policy - it's costing much more than the penny pinching savings of having cheap rubbish in the team.
  • edited August 2016

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201608&date=20160801&time=0332

Latest post from Ketts, few key points.
    Teixeira has actually picked up a knock, but it's still looking like he'll leave.
    1 or 2 likely to join this week before Bury. Rudd and Pearce the most likely.
    Club still not decided on whether to offer a contract to Foley and Gobern.
    Also mentions that only it's looking like Ba will be our only foreign player named on Saturday.

If this is accurate, as Ketts always tends to be, the fact that we've reached the first game of the season and will likely start it 4 players short is a disgrace.

The bit in bold screams out to me (although Mitov needs to be added to Ba)

I know that Bauer, Kashi and Tex are injured, but even if they were fit we would only have 5 foreign players at the club (ignoring those out on loan).

Lessons being learnt, compared to a season or two ago where the only homegrown players were those that had come through the academy and Henderson?

Slade refusing foreign network signings, hence there being such a reliance on young players?

• edited August 2016

Another 'investment' that we cut our losses on. I think he could have done a job for us, but like so many, we just let 'em go. Why isn't anyone being called to account for our terrible transfer policy - it's costing much more than the penny pinching savings of having cheap rubbish in the team.

It's either more money than sense, blind faith by the Douchbag in his 'adopted' daughter, love or a combination of those three, yuk.
  • Ross said:

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201608&date=20160801&time=0332

Latest post from Ketts, few key points.
    Teixeira has actually picked up a knock, but it's still looking like he'll leave.
    1 or 2 likely to join this week before Bury. Rudd and Pearce the most likely.
    Club still not decided on whether to offer a contract to Foley and Gobern.
    Also mentions that only it's looking like Ba will be our only foreign player named on Saturday.

If this is accurate, as Ketts always tends to be, the fact that we've reached the first game of the season and will likely start it 4 players short is a disgrace.

The bit in bold screams out to me (although Mitov needs to be added to Ba)

I know that Bauer, Kashi and Tex are injured, but even if they were fit we would only have 5 foreign players at the club (ignoring those out on loan).

Lessons being learnt, compared to a season or two ago where the only homegrown players were those that had come through the academy and Henderson?

Slade refusing foreign network signings, hence there being such a reliance on young players?

To be honest, in this case I think it's less to do with a focused transfer policy and more to do with the fact we're a mess. Sure, the four signings so far have been British, but the main thing that's happened is the foreign chuff has been chucked, the decent foreign players have done one rather than play in L1 and we're left with the loyal core, the new signings and the contents of the academy. Looking at it, we have 18 proper first team players (holy shit you guys..) and five of them are foreign, not counting Mitov as he should still be considered developmental squad. And that doesn't count Bergdych because no-one actually knows where he is; there's been no proper announcement has there?

Basically, yeah, we've signed some British players but I'll hold off on claiming lessons have been learned while we can barely put out a full match day squad with senior players. And one of those players is Roger Johnson.
  • no lessons have been learned---none !! its classic deflection tactic--they are still running us into the ground.

the cult still believes in the pan Euro Trash idea---the cult still dosnt understand you need squad depth and quality, not just any old twat--the cult still wants ALL the old fans OUT---the cult still believe that they will show the none believers in the end--the Cult dont care how far we fall as their plan is right---the Cult still see RD as the chosen one and Katy is teflon.

target Tony he has fronted up he is a man --ish---get her isolated

• Sponsored links:

• RUMOUR OF A PLAYER INCOMING TODAY UNLIKELY

That's right that's a rumour about a rumour.
  • Don't get the hate for bringing in loans. Assuming they are good enough (I know big assumption) and can play in the positions we need, what's the problem? Many clubs (even us in the past) have benefited from use of the loan system. Don't understand the hate for it.
  • edited August 2016
    colthe3rd said:

Don't get the hate for bringing in loans. Assuming they are good enough (I know big assumption) and can play in the positions we need, what's the problem? Many clubs (even us in the past) have benefited from use of the loan system. Don't understand the hate for it.

There's just a complete lack of future planning. Even if we get three or four great loans in, we'll be in exactly the same position this time next year.
  • colthe3rd said:

Don't get the hate for bringing in loans. Assuming they are good enough (I know big assumption) and can play in the positions we need, what's the problem? Many clubs (even us in the past) have benefited from use of the loan system. Don't understand the hate for it.

There's just a complete lack of future planning. Even if we get three or four great loans in, we'll be in exactly the same position this time next year.
    Not many PL sides will loan to a team in League 2