Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• If we take away the U21 players, have we sufficient senior professionals to make a matchday squad of 18?

• I don't think we do Oggs.
  • Last year, at one point, we could put out a team that read
    Henderson
    Motta Fanni Teixeira Suk-Young
    Gudmundsson Diarra Ba Bergdich
    Sanogo Makienok

Now it could read
    Phillips
    Solly, Johnson, Lennon, Holmes-Dennis
    Holmes, Jackson, Crofts, Harriott
    Ajose, Novak

That's just crazy how much of a change that is
  • 1. How many players have left the squad since the end of the last season. I mean everyone, loans etc. Interesting to compare numbers.

2. Where is RCC?

3. Where is Lapsie

4. Where is the young lad who was our first signing of the summer?

I hope the regime don't believe we can rely on our academy to get us out of this division.. However I must say some of the young players we have are more than capable of playing at this level.

I do remember before Lookman came on the scene everyone was shouting about Josh Umerah, I think he'd be a great addition to the squad and I'd personally have him over KAG as back up as he looks a lot more physically suited to this division.

Obviously we still need 5-6+ players but some of the youngsters look like they can step up to the plate when needed, we live in hope...
  • dickplumb said:

1. How many players have left the squad since the end of the last season. I mean everyone, loans etc. Interesting to compare numbers.

2. Where is RCC?

3. Where is Lapsie

RCC is injured. Lapsie is with the U21 as is Yam Fam.
    Thanks DP. Does anyone know how long RCC is out for/what the injury is? Also, how old are Lapsie and YamFam, assume they will not play a partthisseason if they have not made it through to what there is of a first team squad in pre season.
  • 1. How many players have left the squad since the end of the last season. I mean everyone, loans etc. Interesting to compare numbers.

2. Where is RCC?

3. Where is Lapsie

I hope the regime don't believe we can rely on our academy to get us out of this division.. However I must say some of the young players we have are more than capable of playing at this level.

I do remember before Lookman came on the scene everyone was shouting about Josh Umerah, I think he'd be a great addition to the squad and I'd personally have him over KAG as back up as he looks a lot more physically suited to this division.

Obviously we still need 5-6+ players but some of the youngsters look like they can step up to the plate when needed, we live in hope...
    Having seen Hanlan in pre season, I would rate him as a better prospect than KAG or Umerah personally.
  • Well at least they've announced Chrissy Onions to STVV now
  • Essex_Al said:

1. How many players have left the squad since the end of the last season. I mean everyone, loans etc. Interesting to compare numbers.

2. Where is RCC?

3. Where is Lapsie

Having seen Hanlan in pre season, I would rate him as a better prospect than KAG or Umerah personally.
    Hopefully they get game time and the boo boys don't get on their back too early as I can see Lookman being used as a wide player if he stays...
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Well at least they've announced Chrissy Onions to STVV now

Out of all of the clubs RD owns/involved with , why not send the spaniard back to Spain and alcorcon?!
  • sammy391 said:

sam3110 said:

Out of all of the clubs RD owns/involved with , why not send the spaniard back to Spain and alcorcon?!
    STVV are in the top flight, I am sure in RD's eyes top flight Belgian football is above second tier Spanish football and third rate English football
  • Just watched penalty shot out against Dutch team. Think them hexagon nets are going to be signing of the season for us. Well up to the job.beats last seasons signing of the sofa easy.
  • sam3110 said:

sammy391 said:

sam3110 said:

STVV are in the top flight, I am sure in RD's eyes top flight Belgian football is above second tier Spanish football and third rate English football
    He probably thinks it's the equivalent to the middle of the Premier League and the likes of Everton, Stoke, West Ham...
  • Essex_Al said:

2. Where is RCC?

3. Where is Lapsie

Hopefully they get game time and the boo boys don't get on their back too early as I can see Lookman being used as a wide player if he stays...
    Lookman is wasted on the wing, we need him driving through the centre running at centre backs, all wishful thinking as he'll probably be gone by the end of the month :-(
  • CafcSteve said:

Paddy McNair on loan from United.

My god this is the worst one so far because he would come to us wouldn't he lol
  • edited August 2016
    CafcSteve said:

Surely he'd go to a Championship or even Premier League side like Burnley

Funny that I should say that...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/burnley-enter-race-celtic-transfer-8534859
  • CafcSteve said:

Paddy Mcnightmare
  • Sponsored links:

• Beckboy said:

Anyone else sat here for the last 2 minutes waiting for Grandpa Simpson to walk in?
    Yeh. He's one of the great new signings we are waiting for.
  • Beckboy said:

Anyone else sat here for the last 2 minutes waiting for Grandpa Simpson to walk in?
    It is perfect for the thread though...
  • Last month's CARD announcement
    "...Therefore we are making it clear at this stage that we do not plan to disrupt any of the club’s League One or League Cup matches in August..."
    can squarely be blamed for the preposterous Charlton transfer 'activity' this summer.
    The first hint that Douchebag, nightMeire and Tony big Bollox were gonna be left alone to ponse about with the club allowed them to close the purse and continue with whatever roly's toxic pantomime actually is.
    Obviously the clueless fucktards, ru(i)nning Charlton at present, didn't read any further about how we'll be making their lives a very public misery soon enough. But getting in a couple of british players and a british 3rd division manager they think was sufficient to appease us and pull the wool over our eyes until the transfer window closes and we're all stuck with the short-handed conference standard bunch of crocks and youngsters.
    So since the announcement we've seen the 'Out' door continue to swing and the bodies pile up in the hitherto unstaffed treatment room. Slade's 5 or 6 players in by the weekend (before last), may have been what RS had asked for but we've seen how much say he has in the transfer policy.
    We've all been had for mugs, with a side order of getting crapped on from a great height. If this Charlton squad can keep the goal difference better than -10 by the end of the first home fixture on 13th it will only be because Bury and Northampton are pony.
    South London Press article headlines to their next couple of Charlton match reports - "Bury-ed" and "Cobblers show Charlton a clean pair of heals"
    Christ this is gonna be miserable...
  • Dazzler21 said:

Igor was definitely up to it, unfortunately he got a nasty injury and was rushed back every time only causing more damage.

Does 'up to it' for a striker not include the ability to play more than a handful of games each season? Or also the ability to run about and score on even a vaguely regular basis?

I like Igor. In isolation his injuries have been unlucky. But in the wider context of half the squad not being capable of lasting a season, he really is just another failed transfer that has had to be given away for nothing.
  • Essex_Al said:

2. Where is RCC?

3. Where is Lapsie

Lookman is wasted on the wing, we need him driving through the centre running at centre backs, all wishful thinking as he'll probably be gone by the end of the month :-(
    I agree to an extent but I think he can be very useful from the wing as he has so much pace and skill on the ball. Also can't see him playing up top alongside Ajose because we will lack height
  • Essex_Al said:

2. Where is RCC?

3. Where is Lapsie

I agree to an extent but I think he can be very useful from the wing as he has so much pace and skill on the ball. Also can't see him playing up top alongside Ajose because we will lack height
    Or 4-3-3