Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• jams said:

Right this is a serious question - do you think they know about the changes to the loan system?

Genuinely wondered that myself. I don't know...
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Valley11 said:

There's definitely been a change in Slade. Can you remember when he first joined and was full of enthusiasm for educating new signings about our history? Seemed a very different bloke in the last two interviews.

Not really. He's being interviewed about a match so he's hardly going to be talking about anything else.

I don't suppose he's happy with the lack of signings but it could be any one of a number of reasons that they haven't happened. Not EVERYTHING is down to the regime. Sometimes transfers take a lot of time.

Slade is fishing in a different pot now - he doesn't need to get bargain basement players so maybe he's being mega picky. No season was ever lost in August and there's a shed load of football to be played. The window shuts in 3/4 weeks. If we haven't signed anyone by then then I'll be down there doing a poo in the car park as a protest.
    I actually thought this post was a brilliant piece of sarcasm ............ until I saw who wrote it
    Feel free to elaborate.

Slade has always hand his hands tied when it comes to transfers. When we were prepared to spend £800k on Ajose he was probably like a fat kid in a sweet shop. It seems that optimism has faded somewhat but we know he's still having the say in who he signs - and more importantly is resisting network cast-offs.

I agree with you that transfers can be held up for a litany of reasons, and Pearce and Rudd could be training with us this week for all we know.

Where I'm not sure I agree with you is that Slade is ready for the step up in quality that he needs. We haven't exactly been linked with world beaters. Of course rumours should all be taken with a grain of salt, but with Crofts, Foley, Gobern, and the likes of Turner, Kilgallon, Pearce, Thompson, we're not really unearthing hidden gems it would seem. That is something SCP did incredibly well. I'm just afraid that as a club, we're out of ideas.
  • Tumbleweeds on the pitch curtesy of CARD v Northampton? Miggt be a bugger getting them through the turnstiles though.

The thought of any poor buggers trying to smuggle them in, stuffed down their trousers, is enough to bring tears to your eyes - they'd be walking funny for a month...

Though, it might explain why CARD would appear to be curtseying.
  • Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Valley11 said:

There's definitely been a change in Slade. Can you remember when he first joined and was full of enthusiasm for educating new signings about our history? Seemed a very different bloke in the last two interviews.

Not really. He's being interviewed about a match so he's hardly going to be talking about anything else.

I don't suppose he's happy with the lack of signings but it could be any one of a number of reasons that they haven't happened. Not EVERYTHING is down to the regime. Sometimes transfers take a lot of time.

Slade is fishing in a different pot now - he doesn't need to get bargain basement players so maybe he's being mega picky. No season was ever lost in August and there's a shed load of football to be played. The window shuts in 3/4 weeks. If we haven't signed anyone by then then I'll be down there doing a poo in the car park as a protest.
    I actually thought this post was a brilliant piece of sarcasm ............ until I saw who wrote it
    Feel free to elaborate.

Slade has always hand his hands tied when it comes to transfers. When we were prepared to spend £800k on Ajose he was probably like a fat kid in a sweet shop. It seems that optimism has faded somewhat but we know he's still having the say in who he signs - and more importantly is resisting network cast-offs.

So effectively you're confirming that he's been duped and that we have been lied to yet again.

Control over transfers. Top six budget. 22 players plus kids.

This lot take some beating in the shitest owner category. If Slade can't get his five or six in I really hope he walks and spills the beans.

I'm not sure yet. The top 6 budget could well be true because all other clubs are completely potless. The truth might be nearer to "we aren't quite as pikey broke as most in this division"

I really hope it works because Slade is as good as we are going to get in our current state. If he were to walk we would be in a world of shit.
    Do you not think we are already in a world of shit?
    Not quite. Not a million miles from it though.
  • They might already be training with the club this week. Much like Freddie Bulot was training with us in preseason last year?
  • Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Valley11 said:

Feel free to elaborate.

So effectively you're confirming that he's been duped and that we have been lied to yet again.

This lot take some beating in the shitest owner category. If Slade can't get his five or six in I really hope he walks and spills the beans.

I'm not sure yet. The top 6 budget could well be true because all other clubs are completely potless. The truth might be nearer to "we aren't quite as pikey broke as most in this division"

I really hope it works because Slade is as good as we are going to get in our current state. If he were to walk we would be in a world of shit.
    Not quite. Not a million miles from it though.
    I'm really worried about what your criteria is for a world of shit!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd say we were already in a world of shit, but if we sign only two players one on loan and both a bit ordinary, and Slade walks, that is a universe of shit.

Poor squad, no manager, no one wanting to join, no one wanting to lead, no one wanting to spend money or even hire on a free to get the squad up to realistic levels for a season without loans, season ticket holders not renewing, no sales process in sight, ex-missus suggesting she is going to try and take the boy to watch West Ham because I won't buy season tickets at Charlton, owner and flunky who must be thinking we can get promotion with the u21 team and then in three years flog them to the premiership.....

It's bad, very very bad but experience tells us that Roland and Katrien have a way of making it worse.
  • edited August 2016
    Interesting comment just been posted: http://www.cafcpicks.com/
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Valley11 said:

Feel free to elaborate.

May the top six budget take into account what we are paying on the numerous players on loan?
  • edited August 2016
    It is all shit really isn't it and getting worse. I am glad I am holiday and well away from the Valley the next couple of weekends. If I were Slade I would walk on Friday and just tell the world they are mad.
  • Major said:

I'm still hopeful it will be Rudd in on loan & Pearce signed from Wigan, but I reckon Harriott will go the other way (to Wigan).
  • Rudd and Pearce would be a massive boost

I expect the out is Tex which would be a pisser
  • Hello Roland, here is a basic lesson.

If you spend EUR 2m over the next week you save EUR 10m over the next year.

I realise this is a year too late for you but it remains true today.

Also if you have massively underporforming management, sack them.

• Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Valley11 said:

Feel free to elaborate.

World of Shit
  • Who's Ronald big bollocks?
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Rudd and Pearce would be a massive boost

I expect the out is Tex which would be a pisser

Not unexpected.

I don't know why we bought him. By the time he came in we were virtually down.
  • Remind me was he on a 200 year contract?
  • dickplumb said:

Who's Ronald big bollocks?

I am the only one with huge bollox
  • tricky said:

Everyone at Charlton Athletic Football Club is deeply disappointed that we have been relegated from the Championship.

This is not the time for excuses. We apologise for our mistakes and now need to learn from them so that we can put firm foundations in place for the future that ensure the long-term stability of the club.

We all acknowledge that this is a difficult time for the club, but I and the club’s Senior Management Team will start the rebuilding work immediately. Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship.

This was written on the 19th April. By the time of our 4th game, it will have been more than four months since this comment was made.

That's nearly four months they've had to prepare.

And now, going into the first game we've got a half complete squad and a manager playing "an experimental team" in the last friendly. He's playing a 3-5-2 formation (or a variation of) with only two players possessing an attacking bone in their body going into the last friendly! I hope it was a protest selection because otherwise that idea is absolutely ludicrous.

Of course, he's not playing with a full hand is he. We're into August with an exodus of players, a handful of ins, and whispers of incoming loans. After four months, loans is what we're resorting to?

We've heard they're learning from their mistakes. They've apologised. So where's the evidence that they've learnt? Where's the evidence they're trying to make things right?

Hiring an English manager and trying the same tricks with English players won't wash.

They should be pushing the boat out, working harder, making the additional investment to get us back up, making promotion an absolute priority. Nobody else got us here, they did. If they're that sorry then they should be making amends. They've had four months to work on it.

Of course things don't always work out the way you plan. But you plan for that. Did nobody within in the club think that Pope might be the subject of a bid? When Burnley bid the first time, did they not think there might be a chance that Burnley might eventually get to an acceptable offer? Or that someone else might? You plan for this. They clearly didn't. If we did then

So it comes down to either a lack of ambition, or a lack of competence. A lack of ambition at League One level is unforgivable. A lack of competence is unfortunately a given. But the SMT responsible for all this stays in place. All of which points to wilful neglect from above, and a carefree attitude from the SMT. The squad doesn't matter, results don't matter, promotion doesn't matter.

And still some people are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. And people say we're not in the shit? We are very much in the shit.

Excellent post.
  • vff said:

Summary of incoming transfer activity so far this week

.image

(copyright @ForeverAddickted)

A bit unfair on Ceballos he isn't quite that lightweight.
  • Btw where has Colin gone - interviewing for the Head of Comms?
  • On the shit scale we are in I think one of the SM team had it about right shitty shit
  • My favourite dog unfortunately lost an eye in an stack by a staffie around three years ago, he has now pretty much lost sight is his other eye.

He currently has too much hair and is going to the doggie hairdressers soon, due to long hair, and a less good action than his half brother, he needs a decent clean pretty regularly or he gets clumps of poo on his hair.

I do the cleaning but the ex wife is less diligent.

Whem he comes back to my house after being at hers and he is bumping into stuff because he can't see and has poo trousers, that's shitty shit.
  • I reckon KM is sitting there wondering what all the fuss is about.

Our wages are already top 6, mainly because we are subsidising wages of numerous players registered to us who are out on Loan.

We've got two goalkeepers in case one gets injured, our number one got promotion last year, plus how hard can it be to stand there between two sticks and catch the odd ball.

She's relented to an English manager despite RD's insistence he has plenty on the books, she's let Salde bring a few staff in and bought his top 3 targets.

The players that were sold had to be to balance the big dogs accounts. He can't lend CAFC too much more money otherwise he'll be getting millions of interest and the Belgium tax man will hit him big time.

Plenty of youngsters at Slade's disposal, if she lets him buy more seasoned pro's how will she get the youngsters into the shop window - what is he stupid............

They'll probably be a few rows over the coming days with Slade threatening to walk, so she'll relent and let him get a keeper and one other on loan but on the proviso Tex now and Lookman in January are sold. After all we've got far too many defenders already and plenty of young strikers waiting to come through.

So yes, on the shit scale we are right at the shitty end of the shitty shit stick but yet again 'The Liar' hasn't a scooby and thinks we are genuinely on a promotion charge. When we are bottom 4 by Christmas it'll be down to injuries and the manager. Cue new manager from the Network.......

• Major said:

I didn't post it as I did not want to get people excited but now this rumour is out I can reveal those coming in are Vardy and Mahrez although sadly we will lose Ba at the same time.