Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• SDAddick said:

jams said:

Right this is a serious question - do you think they know about the changes to the loan system?

Genuinely wondered that myself. I don't know...
    They've barely used the loan system between transfer windows in the past, they've tended to augment the sqaud by signing unattached players and they'll still be able to do that this season.

There is also still a month of the transfer window in which deals can be done. Not saying it is in anyway okay that we still need to do so much work on transfers this close to the first game of the season, but just because deals haven't happened yet it doesn't mean they won't.

I know their season starts a little later than the FL, but it's notable, even with the massive sums of cash sloshing about up there, that a number of Premier League teams have done very little business so far. I'm sure it would help everyone a lot if there was continuity of the season start date for the PL and FL and the window closing, instead of this silly staggered system as so much of what happens in the FL market hinges on money trickling down from the PL.
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016
    sm said:

Btw where has Colin gone - interviewing for the Head of Comms?

No getting grief on ITTV for pretending the things in his head are facts.
  • My favourite dog unfortunately lost an eye in an stack by a staffie around three years ago, he has now pretty much lost sight is his other eye.

He currently has too much hair and is going to the doggie hairdressers soon, due to long hair, and a less good action than his half brother, he needs a decent clean pretty regularly or he gets clumps of poo on his hair.

I do the cleaning but the ex wife is less diligent.

Whem he comes back to my house after being at hers and he is bumping into stuff because he can't see and has poo trousers, that's shitty shit.

I'm a shade confused
  • My favourite dog unfortunately lost an eye in an stack by a staffie around three years ago, he has now pretty much lost sight is his other eye.

He currently has too much hair and is going to the doggie hairdressers soon, due to long hair, and a less good action than his half brother, he needs a decent clean pretty regularly or he gets clumps of poo on his hair.

I do the cleaning but the ex wife is less diligent.

Whem he comes back to my house after being at hers and he is bumping into stuff because he can't see and has poo trousers, that's shitty shit.

I'm a shade confused
    Do glad it wasn't just me.
  • SDAddick said:

jams said:

Right this is a serious question - do you think they know about the changes to the loan system?

They've barely used the loan system between transfer windows in the past, they've tended to augment the sqaud by signing unattached players and they'll still be able to do that this season.

There is also still a month of the transfer window in which deals can be done. Not saying it is in anyway okay that we still need to do so much work on transfers this close to the first game of the season, but just because deals haven't happened yet it doesn't mean they won't.

I know their season starts a little later than the FL, but it's notable, even with the massive sums of cash sloshing about up there, that a number of Premier League teams have done very little business so far. I'm sure it would help everyone a lot if there was continuity of the season start date for the PL and FL and the window closing, instead of this silly staggered system as so much of what happens in the FL market hinges on money trickling down from the PL.
    Yes, entirely agree that either that needs to happen, or that the transfer window needs to shut before all major leagues begin. Deals were slow starting in May-June-July because of the Euros and the trickle down effect that has. To @Swindon's earlier point, these are factors that are not unique to the regime.

It's a difficult balance between getting players of the requisite quality in versus ensuring you have 18 players for the opening day. We definitely shouldn't be in as precarious a situation as we are, when we sold players we should have lined up replacements first, but I'd rather we go through the first three weeks of the season make slow, quality additions than panic buying this week. Last time we had a knee-jerk reaction we signed Rojo on an 18 month contract.
  • edited August 2016
    Another post from they guy on cafcpicks (my bold)

Insider • 2 hours 49 minutes ago (about midnight, Mon/Tue)

Just to add as a side note, I would not be surprised to already see a departure from amongst Slade's set up. If what I'm told is correct serious limitations have been enforced regarding the Unwritten contract of player recruitment promised by Ronald to Slade
  • edited August 2016
    sm said:

Btw where has Colin gone - interviewing for the Head of Comms?

http://undertheradar.military.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/53529697.jpg

Colin has a new job
  • Another post from they guy on cafcpicks (my bold)

Just to add as a side note, I would not be surprised to already see a departure from amongst Slade's set up. If what I'm told is correct serious limitations have been enforced regarding the Unwritten contract of player recruitment promised by Ronald to Slade

If this is true regards Slade, he should not have been silly enough to not have written assurances.

A valid argument is that Slade should have known what he was letting himself into so he has only himself to blame.

I feel this is going to get messy very quickly.
  • Looks like Wilder done the right thing in trying to get it put in writing. He didn't get it so he went elsewhere.
  • edited August 2016
    How reliable is this Insider guy? This sounds like a real shit storm is brewing inside the club, apart from the fan disaffection. Gonna be a fun week.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Colin's transfer to burnley I requested must have gone through.
  • Another post from they guy on cafcpicks (my bold)

Wow, I didn't see this happening!

If this is true, I hope that card also reconsider their earlier statement
  • edited August 2016
    Rob7Lee said:

Got to be a wind up - someone inside the club referring to lord and master as RONALD.......

It's an anagram which the demoralised staff might use to one another; wonder what can be done with his surname :smirk:
    edit; I've got it CUT THE DEAL (and f*ck right off)
  • SIGN SOMEONE YOU F*CKING SH*T C*NTS

The most succinct and apposite comment so far.
  • SIGN SOMEONE YOU F*CKING SH*T C*NTS

Too many letters VG :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• jamescafc said:

Today's the day. Have faith in Roland, he knows what he's doing...!!!

Who are you buying your drugs from again @jamescafc?
  • jamescafc said:

Today's the day. Have faith in Roland, he knows what he's doing...!!!

He calls himself Ronald now. Keep up.
  • right you lot we're off to Dorset for a couple of days to find a new home and I'm going to try and ignore this site, so get organised and sign a few players for when I log back in on Thursday evening

pleeeeeeease
  • right you lot we're off to Dorset for a couple of days to find a new home and I'm going to try and ignore this site, so get organised and sign a few players for when I log back in on Thursday evening

pleeeeeeease

I hope the trip goes better than the likely signings R, good luck.
  • SDAddick said:

jams said:

Sonogo, Makieonok, Suk Young, Fanni, McEleny. I make that 5 last season and that is just from the top of my head so could well be more. I suspect it was at least that number the season before. I also suspect we have a smaller squad now than we did at this stage of either of the last two seasons.
  • Im waiting for the return of KF as coach - things will be okay then. Slade won't last....
  • Macronate said:

Wikipedia says Rudd a Charlton Athletic player.

Anyone can update Wiki. I just transferred him to Melchester Rovers.
    If transfers are that easy, why can't our board do it
    They can, when the players are leaving.

SIGN SOMEONE YOU F*CKING SH*T C*NTS

Not possible today, Katy's attending a negotiation skills course for beginners. Roland's in Schuh, Bluewater trying on new sandals and Tony's attending an ideas think tank for under 11s at Monkey Bizz.
    Lies, Roland doesn't need new sandals, he's in Wilko's getting duct tape