Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• colthe3rd said:

Don't get the hate for bringing in loans. Assuming they are good enough (I know big assumption) and can play in the positions we need, what's the problem? Many clubs (even us in the past) have benefited from use of the loan system. Don't understand the hate for it.

I think the main fear with this lot is we've always got a small squad, and if too many of the players are loans we end up in the same position every summer when they leave. By the end of last season we had a more or less presentable team with at least some depth. The problem was we had Makienok, Sanogo, Fanni, Poyet and Yun all on loan, and as soon as the season ended we lost them all. They weren't all the best players but suddenly the squad was so thin again before we'd even thought about the transfer market. It makes it very difficult to build a squad
  • Slade " fully expect a couple to drop in the next two days" that was Saturday at 5. I can not wait to see what happens in the next 2.5 hours !
  • Another day, ticking away ....
  • The McNair thing came from one of those dodgy Facebook links. It's amazing how gullible people are when they read something on the Internet.
  • Buzzing to see the new nets.
  • Sponsored links:

• So I go to a Greek island for nearly two weeks on the cusp of the season, so I would expect to return to find us fully sorted for the season ahead. But obviously not.
  • Where are the new signings?.
    Rudd and Pearce.
  • edited August 2016
    Looking great for Bury! What a disaster zone we are.
  • pilchard said:

Looking great for Bury.

I'm just glad Bury sold Leon Clarke to Sheffield United! He would have a field day against use on opening day! Safe to say he will score against us later for his new club though
  • Sponsored links:

• Wikipedia says Rudd a Charlton Athletic player.

Please tell me this is a joke. Surely people don't believe that.
  • Beckboy said:

Anyone else sat here for the last 2 minutes waiting for Grandpa Simpson to walk in?
    I was waiting for Jay Simpson to walk in.
    We'll be waiting for you to walk in on Saturday!
  • come on @Redhenry give us something
  • Come on lads it's not all doom and gloom we've not sold lookman and Tex.
    YET
  • Beckboy said:

Anyone else sat here for the last 2 minutes waiting for Grandpa Simpson to walk in?
    I was waiting for Jay Simpson to walk in.
    We'll be waiting for you to walk in on Saturday!
    I was waiting for OJ Simpson to walk in...
  • Sooooo,just had a look as i saw 48 new posts,so excited to see who we'd signed and............fark all......another fun filled day at Charlton Towers....
  • We ain't signing anyone of note, are we?
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016
    Below is supposed to be Forever Addicted tumbleweed gif. Sorted it, if first you don't succeed.......Just like encouraging Duchatelet to sell up & get out of Charlton .........

( @SDAddick, post changed since your like )
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016
    Summary of incoming transfer activity so far this week

.image

(copyright @ForeverAddickted)