Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Beckboy said:

Anyone else sat here for the last 2 minutes waiting for Grandpa Simpson to walk in?
    I was waiting for Jay Simpson to walk in.
    We'll be waiting for you to walk in on Saturday!
    At this rate I'll be playing.
  • Only 30 days 'til "Church/Sordell" time ;-)
  • vff said:

Summary of incoming transfer activity so far this week

(copyright @ForeverAddickted)

I feel like we, as a group, need to have a lesson on "How to post GIFs" because I sure as shit don't know
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016
    .image

There it is !!! Apparently copy the image directly into the box where you write not attach as image, I think.

@ForeverAddickted gif image is a pretty succinct summary of this whole transfer rumour thread IMO

I would take Sordell for another striking option alongside Ajose and Novak.

No really I would.
  • The silence is terrifying

I would take Sordell for another striking option alongside Ajose and Novak.

No really I would.
    What, not even as a last minute panic buy? Yikes!

Anyway you're too late, he'll be scoring against us for Coventry this season.

• Beckboy said:

Anyone else sat here for the last 2 minutes waiting for Grandpa Simpson to walk in?
    I was waiting for Jay Simpson to walk in.
    We'll be waiting for you to walk in on Saturday!
    At this rate I'll be playing.
    You'll do anything to avoid getting those rounds in!
  • colthe3rd said:

Don't get the hate for bringing in loans. Assuming they are good enough (I know big assumption) and can play in the positions we need, what's the problem? Many clubs (even us in the past) have benefited from use of the loan system. Don't understand the hate for it.

I think the main fear with this lot is we've always got a small squad, and if too many of the players are loans we end up in the same position every summer when they leave. By the end of last season we had a more or less presentable team with at least some depth. The problem was we had Makienok, Sanogo, Fanni, Poyet and Yun all on loan, and as soon as the season ended we lost them all. They weren't all the best players but suddenly the squad was so thin again before we'd even thought about the transfer market. It makes it very difficult to build a squad
    Seems my post has actually caused some debate on here. Or there's literally nothing else to discuss.

I'm not for one second saying that we should rely on loans or that they are better. Agree it's a short term view but let's face it most clubs will have an overhaul of players these days. Times have changed and no longer will squads stick together for the long term. Would I like us to sign 6 young, hungry, good quality players that could get us promoted and also potentially be able to compete in the Championship? Of course, it's a no brainer. Unfortunately I think we were spoilt by that last season in L1 with the ability to go out and sign some of the best L1 talent. Times have changed (obviously not for the better) but my point was just that the loan system shouldn't be instantly dismissed as some seem to want to do but that it should be used in conjunction with effective permanent signings. Clearly a moot point at the moment as neither seem to be happening.
  • Sponsored links:

• There's definitely been a change in Slade. Can you remember when he first joined and was full of enthusiasm for educating new signings about our history? Seemed a very different bloke in the last two interviews.
  • SDAddick said:

vff said:

Summary of incoming transfer activity so far this week

(copyright @ForeverAddickted)

I feel like we, as a group, need to have a lesson on "How to post GIFs" because I sure as shit don't know
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/59982/how-do-you-do-these-moving-pictures
  • Right this is a serious question - do you think they know about the changes to the loan system?
  • Tumbleweeds on the pitch curtesy of CARD v Northampton? Miggt be a bugger getting them through the turnstiles though.
  • Bet poor Russell is pulling his pubic hair out right now

• Sponsored links:

• Better check the wind direction for the tumbleweed idea. If we have the same wind as for the balloons, the lower north is going to look like a tumble forest.

Unless the big nets go back up.
  • WSS said:

jams said:

Right this is a serious question - do you think they know about the changes to the loan system?

They didn't even know one of our managers needed a bloody work permit.
    They even appointed someone who was not a football manager.
  • edited August 2016
    Another day closer
  • Tomorrow's the day. 2 in.
  • Tomorrow's the day. 2 in.

If only Ricky !!!
  • I thought that today was the day at least 4 days of the last 7.

Surely one of these days Rodney?
  • Swisdom said:

Valley11 said:

There's definitely been a change in Slade. Can you remember when he first joined and was full of enthusiasm for educating new signings about our history? Seemed a very different bloke in the last two interviews.

Not really. He's being interviewed about a match so he's hardly going to be talking about anything else.

I don't suppose he's happy with the lack of signings but it could be any one of a number of reasons that they haven't happened. Not EVERYTHING is down to the regime. Sometimes transfers take a lot of time.

Slade is fishing in a different pot now - he doesn't need to get bargain basement players so maybe he's being mega picky. No season was ever lost in August and there's a shed load of football to be played. The window shuts in 3/4 weeks. If we haven't signed anyone by then then I'll be down there doing a poo in the car park as a protest.
    I actually thought this post was a brilliant piece of sarcasm ............ until I saw who wrote it
    Feel free to elaborate.

Slade has always hand his hands tied when it comes to transfers. When we were prepared to spend £800k on Ajose he was probably like a fat kid in a sweet shop. It seems that optimism has faded somewhat but we know he's still having the say in who he signs - and more importantly is resisting network cast-offs.

• Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Valley11 said:

There's definitely been a change in Slade. Can you remember when he first joined and was full of enthusiasm for educating new signings about our history? Seemed a very different bloke in the last two interviews.

Not really. He's being interviewed about a match so he's hardly going to be talking about anything else.

I don't suppose he's happy with the lack of signings but it could be any one of a number of reasons that they haven't happened. Not EVERYTHING is down to the regime. Sometimes transfers take a lot of time.

Slade is fishing in a different pot now - he doesn't need to get bargain basement players so maybe he's being mega picky. No season was ever lost in August and there's a shed load of football to be played. The window shuts in 3/4 weeks. If we haven't signed anyone by then then I'll be down there doing a poo in the car park as a protest.
    I actually thought this post was a brilliant piece of sarcasm ............ until I saw who wrote it
    Feel free to elaborate.

Slade has always hand his hands tied when it comes to transfers. When we were prepared to spend £800k on Ajose he was probably like a fat kid in a sweet shop. It seems that optimism has faded somewhat but we know he's still having the say in who he signs - and more importantly is resisting network cast-offs.

So effectively you're confirming that he's been duped and that we have been lied to yet again.

Control over transfers. Top six budget. 22 players plus kids.

This lot take some beating in the shitest owner category. If Slade can't get his five or six in I really hope he walks and spills the beans.

• Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Valley11 said:

Feel free to elaborate.

So effectively you're confirming that he's been duped and that we have been lied to yet again.

Control over transfers. Top six budget. 22 players plus kids.

This lot take some beating in the shitest owner category. If Slade can't get his five or six in I really hope he walks and spills the beans.

I'm not sure yet. The top 6 budget could well be true because all other clubs are completely potless. The truth might be nearer to "we aren't quite as pikey broke as most in this division"

I really hope it works because Slade is as good as we are going to get in our current state. If he were to walk we would be in a world of shit.