Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Legendary concerts you were at...?

Comments

• Options
    Dire straits. Wembley arena 85
  • Options
    Bananarama - Golders Green 1983. Their first ever live gig
  • Options
    The Kinks at the Rainbow '72 and '77, London Palladium '74
    Bowie at Earls Court '73
    Lou Reed, Rainbow '73
    Led Zeppelin, Ally Pally '71?

Not sure that any of them felt legendary at the time or since, but I enjoyed them all except Zeppelin ( love the band, but not impressed, audience annoyed me - emperor's new clothes and all that)
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Keren Woodward is fitttt.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

were you boycotting?
  • Options
    Pink Floyd - Crystal Palace - 1971
    Pink Floyd - Earl's Court Dark Side of the Moon Tour - 1973
    Sex Pistols supported by Aswad (a fight broke out). 1970something at the Kings Cross Cinema (before Sex Pistols became famous/notorious).
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

Still? That's really saying something :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did anyone on this board ever see The Beatles live?
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

And she was then too. I knew them quite well. I went through different phases of fancying them all. Siobhan sister went out with someone I worked with (Gary Crowley) and she was very nice too!
  • Options

Johnny Cash at Folsom state prison in January 1968.

V. Good!

Me? The Bath Blues And Progressive Music Festival 1970. First because one of the attendees (he got in over the fence apparently) was a certain Michael Eavis. He liked the idea and the rest is history. Oh, the line-up was pretty good too!

And John Lee Hooker in Vegas - not because the concert was legendary but because he was.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    The best I can muster is probably Arctic Monkeys at Portsmouth Guildhall. It was part of the NME tour and at the time we bought tickets they weren't well known. Fast-forward 6 moths and they 'd released their debut album and just won a Brit Award. We were offered £100 a piece for our £12 tickets but refused!

Great gig, amazingly they kept to the original billing so despite all the hype, Arctic Monkeys were still second on the bill! And topped off by having a pint with them in the pub afterwards.

Also saw Oasis twice in the space of 8 days (at Benicassim and then Wembley) in July 2009. They split up the following month.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Oval 1971 Fundraiser for Bangladesh- Bill included The Who, The Faces, Lindisfarne, Mott the Hoople,

Crystal Palace Bowl 1972 watching in the pouring rain - Beach Boys, Richie Haven, Joe Cocker, Sha Na Na, Melanie
  • Options

You too?
  • Options
    @Oakster great thread by the way!
  • Options
    I didn't fancy going out one night, and missed Oasis at Thames Poly in Dartford back in 92.

Think it was their first gig down south.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Jam as the support band at the Marquee in 1976. Raw and fantastic

U2 at the Marquee on their first mainland tour before the first album. They were brilliant and I'm not even a U2 fan
  • Options

Nirvana 3rd on the bill to L7 and Godflesh at The Astoria circa 1990.

Nirvana at Reading in 1992.

Oasis at the Marquee around the mid 90s.

Snuff farewell gig at The Kilburn National circa 1990.

Loads at the New Cross Venue - Hole, Carter USM, Mudhoney, New Model Army and Oasis again.

I've lost a game of table tennis against Duncan from Snuff. Great technique.
  • Options

You too?
    Yeah. I was in VIP area (single shower cubical rather than communal)
  • Options
    Quo at the Ode - 7 nights straight, 1982ish
    Queens last ever gig, at Knebworth, they were pony, I only went to see Phil Lynott and Quo.
    Hawkwind The Lyceum 1980 (I head butted Lemmy, accidentally of course)
    Clapton, Hammy Ode 1981ish (I went with my dad who was head writer at the Stage newspaper and met him back stage, Eric, not my dad, I had already met my dad)
  • Options

Nirvana 3rd on the bill to L7 and Godflesh at The Astoria circa 1990.

Nirvana at Reading in 1992.

Oasis at the Marquee around the mid 90s.

Snuff farewell gig at The Kilburn National circa 1990.

Loads at the New Cross Venue - Hole, Carter USM, Mudhoney, New Model Army and Oasis again.

can't believe I never met you until the late 90s as we seem to have spent our teen years in all the same places

reading 92 was the ultimate festival lineup and it didn't disappoint. nirvana's set was rated by the band as their best ever
  • Options
    Live Aid.

Roger Waters and Guests performing The Wall on no-mans land between Potsdamer Platz and the Brandenburg gate in 1990. Massive OTT concert. Berlin was ram-packed as the Berlin Wall had recently come down. Security around the site broke down and thousands flooded in to become a very crowded and emotional concert.

The concert was huge, including helicopters hovering overhead, limos on the stage, orchestras, choirs etc.

Fantastic weekend in Berlin.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Reading festival 92. Nirvana, Mudhoney, L7 ( with tampon ) and Teenage Fanclub.

I was there as well
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    U2 at The Lycium before they were famous about 1981/2. Brilliant

The Clash in The Kasbah Club Brixton around 82. This was the loudest band I ever saw. Afterwards I kicked over my old motorbike and coud not even hear if it had started cos was temporarily deaf for about 3 hours !

Saw The Smiths many times but the one I remember was before they had made it they played in the tiny Rock Garden downstairs Venue in Covent Garden. Sat down with the band afterwards as they recognised me and my mate and Morrisey bought us a drink and took the time to chat. A real Gentleman.

Loads of othere in the late 70's early 80's including a skin head band and a punk band in the old Woolich Poly building. Of course the punks and skins began to ruck and I tried to escape to the toilets which some how bizarely were on fire!

Oh the Good old days were the Best !
  • Options
    Had tickets for the last ever Manics concert that Richey Edwards was at before he ran off. Didn't go though, I wasn't very well.

• Options
    Oasis at Maine Road
    Another Oasis at Knebworth
    The Verve at Haigh Hall
    Manic Street Preachers at Leicester de Montfort hall which was the first gig after Richey left
    The Good The Bad & The Queen at York Hall in Bethnal Green, was just an amazing gig in a great venue