Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Legendary concerts you were at...?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    The Brian Jonestown Massacre at Koko.

Lawnmower Deth at the Marquee.

Terrence Higgins Trust Fundraiser at The Town & Country Club - Wat Tyler, Snuff, Mega City 4 and Senseless Things

Teenage Fanclub - B-sides and covers only at Camden Underworld. They did two gigs! An hour of the planned b-sides and covers and 90mins of their best stuff.

The Bellrays - The Barfly - Aretha Franklin does Grunge (Jarvis Cocker bought me a pint)

Cousteau - Dingwalls

Dinosaur Jr - Secret Gig at The Garage 1994.
  • Options
    Saw Dinosaur Jr. supported by Mudhoney 1989ish - went backstage after & met J Mascis who was a cool dude in the American cool dude sense
  • Options
    Anyone see Pixies at Brixton late eighties?
  • Options

About 88 89?
  • Options

About 88 89?
    yup, potentially both years
  • Options

About 88 89?
    yup, potentially both years
    No
  • Options
    Soz pal ; )
  • Options

Soz pal ; )

:cry:
  • Options
    The Who - The Valley 1975
    PInk Floyd - The Wall - Earls Court - 1980
    Joy Division supporting The Buzzcocks - Finsbury Park Rainbow. 1979
  • Options
    Gregory Isaacs at the Venue in Victoria

Birthday Party at the Africa centre in covent garden

Fela Kuti at the Academy Brixton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Brian Jonestown Massacre at Koko.

Lawnmower Deth at the Marquee.

Terrence Higgins Trust Fundraiser at The Town & Country Club - Wat Tyler, Snuff, Mega City 4 and Senseless Things

Teenage Fanclub - B-sides and covers only at Camden Underworld. They did two gigs! An hour of the planned b-sides and covers and 90mins of their best stuff.

The Bellrays - The Barfly - Aretha Franklin does Grunge (Jarvis Cocker bought me a pint)

Cousteau - Dingwalls

Dinosaur Jr - Secret Gig at The Garage 1994.

Had completely forgotten about Cousteau @Clem_Snide Will dig out the vinyl & have a listen.
  • Options
    Used to go to the Thomas a' Becket to see the resident weekend band 'Blunderbus' who were very good. Anyway one night they said the following Wednesday get here early as
    Steve Marriots 'Blind Drunk' will be playin. £1.00 on the door.got in there at 6pm (just) couldnt move, packed pub, empty stage. A bit later a worried looking chap said they aint coming but The Members are. Place emptied in minutes.
    Stayed there to watch, wasnt legendary as The Blind Drunk gig could have been but good memories.
  • Options
    AC DC at the Hammersmith a few times before Bon Scott died in the late 70's.Pure Quality
  • Options

Yup...
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Bob Dylan - Earls Court 1981
    Miles Davis - Hammersmith Odeon 1982 ( his first show in the UK following his retirement mid 70s, and broadcast live on BBC2)
    Ian Dury and the Blockheads - Lyceum Ballroom 1982
    Gil Scott Heron - free "jobs for a change" festival on the South Bank, 1984 (actually went to see John Martyn, who also played)
    The Pogues - Hammersmith Palais, late 80s (the time when Joe Strummer came on for the encore, and they did "London Calling")
    Pixies - Town and Country Club, 1989 (spoke to Black Francis beforehand)
    John Otway - the Tramshed, late 80s (hilarious)
    Pixies - 1990 and 1991
    PJ Harvey / Tricky - Shepherds Bush Empire, early 1990s
    Kevin Coyne - The Cricketers, Oval - 1990
    The mighty Bob Mould's Sugar (several times, early 1990s)
    Lemonheads - early 90s
    Bob Dylan / Elvis Costello - Brixton Academy 1995
    John Cale - Huntingdon Hall, Worcester 1999
    John Martyn - Cheltenham Town Hall 2005 (after his leg op, my last JM show, awesome)
  • Options

Miles Davis - Hammersmith Odeon 1982 ( his first show in the UK following his retirement mid 70s, and broadcast live on BBC2)
    Gil Scott Heron - free "jobs for a change" festival on the South Bank, 1984 (actually went to see John Martyn, who also played)
    The Pogues - Hammersmith Palais, late 80s (the time when Joe Strummer came on for the encore, and they did "London Calling")
    Pixies - 1990 and 1991
    Lemonheads - early 90s
    John Martyn - Cheltenham Town Hall 2005 (after his leg op, my last JM show, awesome)

I was at the Otway gig at the tramshed too. As you say, hilarious.
  • Options

Yup...
    Saw them in Manchester 1988/1989 - supported by Dub Sex.

Talking of legendary bands - I also saw The Ramones about the same time with pretty much the original line up - seemed like they had been around for ever by then - but really only 13/14 years into their career which is nothing...
  • Options
    Steve Marriott and packet of three in the tunnel club at Greenwich in mid eightys.
    Great night!
    Also used to go there on a Sunday for the comic night. If an act survived there they could survive anywhere!!
    I remember one night a girl wasn't doing too well, and ended up fanny farting into the microphone!! The crowd loved it. :smiley:
  • Options

Pixies - 1990 and 1991
    Lemonheads - early 90s

I'm a big John Martyn fan. Saw him several times over the years. Best was in Glasgow in 1985. Sadly, he had his eccentric moments too mainly due to drink. One concert in the early 80s, I think it may have been in Dundee, he staggered on stage, said something like "goodeveningbumsand titties", slurred his way through "the easy blues", fell off his stool and retired "unwell". He was capable of utter brilliance bless him.
  • Options
    Madstock- Finsbury Park 1992

Devo - Town and Country Club 1992 or 91

Seen some great gigs but legendary very few, and missed a lot of my favourites.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Led Zeppelin at Earls court.

They’re back.

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Led Zeppelin at Earls court.

They’re back.

Can't find any links online.
  • Options
    I was at the Marquee for this

https://youtu.be/EO7cD6qmydo