Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• I don't understand all the wailing and gnashing of teeth...

I can't remember a time that the kit was available before the Welling game...

How about the year some one parachuted on to the pitch wearing the new kit a few years back. Was that the promotion season?
    Yes that was the Hartlepool game, the Red Devil's parachuted in prior to the game.
    Great day, very happy memories.
  • garfield said:

I don't understand all the wailing and gnashing of teeth...

How about the year some one parachuted on to the pitch wearing the new kit a few years back. Was that the promotion season?
    Yes that was the Hartlepool game, the Red Devil's parachuted in prior to the game.
    When there was spirit in the camp, both in the stands and changing rooms.

Now we have nothing but disenchantment throughout, sad sad times.
  • It also says a lot about the churn in players that the two we choose to have modeling it are the only two left from the last good season we had - and one of them is as good as retired now!
  • garfield said:

I don't understand all the wailing and gnashing of teeth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GyaidVL6u8
  • Bit of a piss poor show this.

In a time where you have a dwindling support base and are trying to get some back on board every little bit helps. Kids birthdays have come and gone.
    Holiday clothes already bought.
    Another massive own goal by this shower of shit.
  • Ha ha ha Just re-watched that video, I forgot about the bits after the red devils land. Bit of opera singing and a loser like 'Championes' brief mid-vid selfie of the wife and I.

I also somehow forgot about turning up to place those cards on every seat (not all me obvs!

But it was a fantastic day, full of emotion.

In a time where you have a dwindling support base and are trying to get some back on board every little bit helps. Kids birthdays have come and gone.

Not a surprise though.

How many kits for next season are actually on sale now though? A lot of them have only been announced in the last week or two
  • Sponsored links:

Maybe they're just waiting for season ticket sales to finish so that they can do some sums on how bad the new season's commercial income will turn out and then they can figure out how few shirts they can get away with ordering.

Or maybe they're just incompetent.

How many kits for next season are actually on sale now though? A lot of them have only been announced in the last week or two
    I think you'll find that's incorrect.
  • DA9 said:

Bespoke kits, for all teams and levels, even the kit for the Ireland games is temporary catalogue issue, so it's taking more time to produce, better that than generic stuff we've had before.

This was the justification for the catalogue Nike Kit back in 2012. They had little time to sort it but we were going to get a proper one for the next season, when we ended up with the Man Utd one from the season before.

If they were not able to design and make a kit in the time they had then they should have given us a stock one for next year and taken another year to design one.

With the hot weather we've been having I imagine that many people would have already bought a shirt by now had they been available. Even if there was a contractual obligation not to sell any they could have got some back orders.

If the first team still don't have one to wear then I can only assume that they will not have many to sell until after the hot weather has gone and on that basis it makes it difficult to see how they will sell many before Christmas. On the basis that we will, probably, have another new kit next season it does make me wonder if many people will just give this years a pass and wait for the next one.

I guess it's a good job we are on a division that has massive TV money and that we have sold many thousands of season tickets otherwise we would really rue this lost income!

I know that Football is different to most other industries, but you don't need an MBA to work out that the time to have shirts available is during the close season before all the families go on holiday. This is a real own goal by the CEO - especially after all the bragging over the last six months about how we are getting these new kits from a different manufacturer that values us much more highly than Nike did!

Maybe I'm being harsh but if they do that crappy thing at the end of July where they show us a different photo each day for a week then announce that you can pre-order for September it will look like I am right.
  • I was of the understanding that there is a boycott on buying anything the club make money on, so why are so many people bothered if it's out yet or not?

It will be red with some white, it will have our badge on it, it will have Betdaq across the middle and it will have 25 years back at the valley somewhere on it.
  • http://www.wharf.co.uk/sport/charlton-athletics-new-kit-201617-11587611

Last year's kit was revealed on the 8th July, no idea when it actually hit the club store.

It's funny that of the two players modelling the kit, the one who most people were excited about was the less successful one!

• 5 year kit deals... is this a usual thing in lower league football?
  • 5 year kit deals... is this a usual thing in lower league football?

We're no longer giving players 5 year deals.... Daisy has to get her fix somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• It does seem a ridiculous wait to see, never mind buy, the new kit BUT

They have made a point of it being 25 years this season, rumour has it we will have red home and blue away, we will also see a special shirt to commemorate the 5th December 1992 (although played on the 9th this year)

Maybe they are making sure they don't fuck this up?

I hope that's the case anyway

Well at least one team seem to have theirs available...

In of itself it isn't a big deal, whether our new kit was in the superstore by June won't determine whether we go up or not. But getting all those little things right add up to a professionally run football club, and that we don't get things like this right is symptomatic of a dreadfully run organisation which makes it much harder for us to succeed on the pitch.
  • I've been told the home kit is really thoughtful and should be popular.

The players apparently love the away kit

No news on release date
  • I've got to say, I just bought some Hummel shorts, and they're really nice. Very soft but not flimsy. Classy look--black with the white chevrons down the sides. A good fit--not too long but not too short.
  • Swisdom said:

I've been told the home kit is really thoughtful and should be popular.

The players apparently love the away kit

No news on release date

It will be popular for the few hundred that buy it.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Ha ha ha Just re-watched that video, I forgot about the bits after the red devils land. Bit of opera singing and a loser like 'Championes' brief mid-vid selfie of the wife and I.

I also somehow forgot about turning up to place those cards on every seat (not all me obvs!

But it was a fantastic day, full of emotion.

You forgot ???
  • DA9 said:

Bespoke kits, for all teams and levels, even the kit for the Ireland games is temporary catalogue issue, so it's taking more time to produce, better that than generic stuff we've had before.

Don't confuse them why it is taking longer than normal, as well as it really would be pointless releasing the kit when the club shop is having a re-fit, the club stated sometime ago it would be released at the end of July, just another thing to moan about.