Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• My boy wore his protest shirt to the O2 last night for the soccer sixes and got a lot of curious glances.
  • Really wish i hadnt missed out on getting one before
  • The away is being worn against Dover on Tuesday night, so will be revealed before then, if not on the night.

The home is being worn for the first time on the opening day of the season, but should be revealed before then.
  • Ross said:

The away is being worn against Dover on Tuesday night, so will be revealed before then, if not on the night.

The home is being worn for the first time on the opening day of the season, but should be revealed before then.

Cheers sorry I forgot there was a write-up about this.

I'm guessing the away strip is blue due to some hints that have been dropped on here, and also by the fact that all three Irish teams worse blue and we wore our third strip. I'm guessing we'll need the third strip for the game against Ipswich if that's the case.

The whole thing feels a bit awkward. As I said, Hummel aren't stupid, but from a marketing perspective it feels like....I dunno.
  • Only just caught up with this thread so I might be missing out on some facts, but seems like a big cock-up to me.

First game of the season, at home, and the team will be wearing a completely different kit to ANY of the supporters !! Only a KM run Charlton could do this. We have 2 pre-season friendlies at home over the next couple of weeks & an Ideal time to be selling the new kit so the supporters can be wearing it on Aug 5th.
  • Only just caught up with this thread so I might be missing out on some facts, but seems like a big cock-up to me.

First game of the season, at home, and the team will be wearing a completely different kit to ANY of the supporters !! Only a KM run Charlton could do this. We have 2 pre-season friendlies at home over the next couple of weeks & an Ideal time to be selling the new kit so the supporters can be wearing it on Aug 5th.

I don't know that that is true. I think it's entirely possible the kit will be on sale before then, and just won't be worn by the team until the first game. We'll see though.
  • Kit being revealed at Welling today?
  • Isn't it the actual 3rd kit today?
  • Away kit I think
  • Sponsored links:

• According to the article from the club last week the 3rd kit will be worn at Welling and Greenwich today.
  • According to the article from the club last week the 3rd kit will be worn at Welling and Greenwich today.

And the away kit on the 18th of July against Dover. The home kit will be worn for the first time in the opening league game against Bristol Rovers.
  • SDAddick said:

cafcfan said:

DA9 said:

Bespoke kits, for all teams and levels, even the kit for the Ireland games is temporary catalogue issue, so it's taking more time to produce, better that than generic stuff we've had before.

it really would be pointless releasing the kit when the club shop is having a re-fit
    Except you don't actually need a physical presence to sell football shirts. What you need is a web site, a small storeroom and an operative with some jiffy bags, a Sharpie pen and the ability to walk to the post office. Otherwise (as usual) you're bang on the money there.
    My thoughts as well.

That said, I tend to think the people at Hummel aren't stupid. I wonder if they're planning some sort of kit launch event, perhaps surrounding one of the home friendlies.
    That would make sense, there will be literally tens of people there to watch Ipswich...
  • From seeing a pic on Twitter, it appears that the real third kit is identical to the modified version we wore in Ireland.....
  • Gotta admit all the Hummel gear looks really good
  • If anybody still wants a protest shirt we still have a couple of Mens XL left . inbox me if interested.
  • sasquatch said:

According to the article from the club last week the 3rd kit will be worn at Welling and Greenwich today.

And the away kit on the 18th of July against Dover. The home kit will be worn for the first time in the opening league game against Bristol Rovers.
    If they take delivery on time!
  • Ross said:

PopIcon said:

I don't understand all the wailing and gnashing of teeth...

I can't remember a time that the kit was available before the Welling game...

Wasn't there a season where three different designs were in the club shop window and we could vote for our favourite? I remember it being the last home match of a season.
    That all said, I may be wrong.
    2002/03 kit, the last Le Coq Sportif kit.

I was told by the person that gave it to me that this was a proposed shirt design that didn't get used
  • Sponsored links:

• SE7toSG3 said:

'White and Black' I mean ffs come on, did KR treat the lads to 'Chips and Fish' afterwards topped with 'Vinegar and Salt'?

'White and Black' my arse as my dad would have said.

A white shirt with black shorts is commonly described as "white & black" as there is probably around 3 times as much white material than black..........unless this is a "whoosh" moment.
  • edited July 2017
    Very reliable source that official launch is next week
  • edited July 2017

A white shirt with black shorts is commonly described as "white & black" as there is probably around 3 times as much white material than black..........unless this is a "whoosh" moment.

Maybe I am the being whooshed then, I cant say I have ever heard the phrase 'white and black' regardless of which is the main colour,

This is from Derby's website:
    Derby County's original colours (right) were amber, chocolate and blue, though by the 1890s the club had adopted its now traditional colours of black and white

And Fulham list thier nicknames as
    Nickname(s) The Cottagers, The Whites, The Black and White army

Here Darlingtons history states:
    Apart from a period between the 1910s and 1936, when blue shorts were worn, the basic colours of the home kit have remained black and white.

All three have white shirts and black shorts. Anyway its such a trivial thing lets hope the white and red home kit looks nice ;-)

• Who cares
  • Away shirt on Tuesday I think
  • edited July 2017
    Love the new kits. I think people will be pleased :wink:

Very nice of Hummel to re-brand as Admiral :lol:
  • Things seems to have full circle, as patterns like that woven into the material seem quite popular at the moment.
  • Things seems to have full circle, as patterns like that woven into the material seem quite popular at the moment.

Difference is now it's graphics that are printed as opposed to woven